DH / BL

danara
danara Member Posts: 129

Which exhaustion perk is better out of these two? I ran BL when I first started playing then tried out DH for a bit and fell in love with it. Then I went back to using BL and now I think I’m going back to using DH, I just can’t seem to make up my mind lol I like them both very much. Which do you use?

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Lithe

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

I personally use Lithe more since it’s easier to activate than the other three, but out of those two, go with Dead Hard. It’s nice to get that small invulnerability for a bit and can be quite handy for tough situations. :)

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

Lithe. Dead Hard only works once unless the killer is bad at their job.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
  • danara

Can everyone stop saying lithe? I clearly made this discussion for either bl/dh. I dislike using SB because of the walking conditions and lithe because activating it on a jungle gym or window vaults feel bad because most times you can loop killers for a long time depending on the area with vaults

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Head on

• Incirion

Dead Hard only works in your first chase against the killer i mean. Because after that, they'll know you have it, and just wait it out. Lithe works every time you fast vault, provided you aren't exhausted. Dead Hard tricks a killer into whiffing exactly once.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Lithe

• Carpemortum

Ahhhh yeah I see what you mean. I thought you meant requirement wise mid chase or something.

• danara
    edited March 2019

I actually like the concept of head on very much and would use it as a exhaustion perk but realised it’s just not worth the slot as it’s so situational and the few moments I should be able to get it to work right when the killer is near me it never works. Maybe when they fix the hitbox I’ll start using it again.

• Incirion

Then BL. Dead Hard still only works once per game, like my previous message. And then when they aren't expecting it, they can still hit you through it sometimes. I've done it as killer before.

• danara

I think what you’re saying is right but there is also the fact that you can’t deny dead hard as most killers if you are so close to a pallet/loop as it helps you reach it to throw it down or be able to spend more time looping them

• Incirion

Yes, it can help you reach that pallet a little bit faster, but it's not guaranteed. BL or Lithe are guaranteed to put distance between you and the killer. Lithe more so, because they have to vault after you, or go around the wall. I personally use Lithe, Quick and Quiet, and Dance With Me in my perk build, so when I do proc Lithe, they won't know which direction I went.

• danara

I’ve heard of the combo many times I’ve never actually tried it though. I also ran lithe when I first started playing the game but haven’t tried it since the new buff this patch, maybe I’ll give it a try but doubt it’ll be in my main build

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Balanced landing got a buff that prevented you getting the stagger effect, not entirely but 75% is as if the stagger effect is not there.

A lot of maps were designed way before this buff and survivors not getting the stagger effect was not taken into the equation. In a lot of maps, balanced landing literally breaks the game and opens up really unfair loops for survivors.

Even if balanced landing didn't give you any speed boost and make you exhausted, it would still be better than the other exhaustion perks.

• Carpemortum

Wait, isnt head on the one everyone was clamoring would be DS 2.0 and the most overused toxic perk ever?

Hmm...its as if people post rants over nothing these days XD.

P.s. none of this is directed at you.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

BL is better since it opens up new loops but requires more skill since you need to have good map awareness and an understanding of how tiles spawn. You also are sometimes limited on some maps where you can use it which makes it more difficult.

DH is easier to use but WAY easier to counter. A good killer will wait for you to DH and it will be useless after the first time. And DH is not a chase end more of a chase extender, where BL (and Lithe/SB) are chase enders.

• danara

Yea lol I remember those posts I wish that it would be fixed, I’m still convinced that the perk is bugged or at least on PS4 and was hoping that it would be fixed on the last patch bug fix update they done otherwise the hitbox is really uncertain, possibly like the 50% chance of deliverance not working when it got released maybe?

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Balance Landing can "activate" some pretty strong infinites, Dead Hard can save your ass if you use it properly.

I would go for DH tbh, those infinites are not really needed if you are good at winning chases

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

BL gives you more looping potential.

Dead Hard is useful for baiting the first hit. Then you can use it as "fix your mistake" for example making it to the window

@danara also for Head On. If you want to use it in chases you absolutely need Q&Q. Or in general. Q&Q makes Head On a tad better

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

Lithe. Saved my ass so many times and that's perfect perk for mindfuking as well.

• danara

Yeah I’ve tried it with q&q still doesn’t seem to work properly I don’t know what I’m doing wrong I can only assume the hitbox must be bugged

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

BL because unblock new infinite in some maps and works even if u are exhausted

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,064

I use both. Works quite well, it is flexible.

If I would need to choose, I would go for Balanced Landing.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited March 2019

DH is almost like a must have, but on the other hand BL is good in a lot of situations until you get a map with nothing to jump off of. But only thing wrong with DH is that you can tell that a survivor has it because of how they're constantly looking behind themselves alot.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Of the two, balanced landing, although it will depend on the map. Some maps might only have one or two places to use it.

Dead hard will only save you in a small number of scenarios. The rest of the time a good killer can bait it and completely avoid it. Balanced landing, on the other hand, allows you to turn otherwise bad tiles (hills, high window drops) into advantageous ones.

• thesuicidefox

Your goal isn't to really win the chase though, it's to stall the killer. You win through attrition because they just spend so much time chasing you up and down they usually give up. And if you are good at winning the chase, you can make the killer spend a lot of time on you and just end it almost at any time.

Also DH isn't for winning chases either. It's to extend them to the next pallet or window, or to recover from a mistake. Problem is if a killer is good they will just bait the DH and get you anyway.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

@thesuicidefox

That's what I used to think too but after how piping works now I have to win chases so that I can unhook and do gens. I used to be one of the runners of my team but now I always try to loose the killer instead of keep him busy.

DH is meant to help you reach a window or pallet yes, I never said I used It to win a chase. I just said that you dont need those infinites provided by BL if your goal is to win a chase, therefore if I had to choose one of them I'd go for DH.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I'm surprised how many people use BL, it annoyed me when I used it as I kept activating it by mistake lol. I prefer the perks you choose to activate like DH and Lithe. Lithe is definitely the most useful in my opinion. Especially when paired with Dance With Me, it can help you escape so many times it's ridiculous.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Balanced only outclasses DH on a map like haddonfield, cuz that map is broken and you can literally abuse infinite loops with the side effect of balanced (less stun on landing, no matter if exhausted or not).

Other than that, DH. But keep in mind that DH is a really difficult perk to master at his full potential. A lot of people are using it completely wrong (trying to dodge a hit, running towards the killer and using it etc) and completely fail and place dead hard as the worst exhaustion perk. They have no clue how to use it. Dead hard is the best perk to extend a chase/loop so much longer, that it gets some killer extremely tilted. Tilt -> more mistakes -> even longer chase.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited March 2019

I found DH as very useful perk against "bloodlust gamers". All exhaustation perks with sprint are good in different ways

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    edited March 2019

There are some things said around here that are nonsensical and yet so many people keep saying them. The idea that Dead Hard only "works once" is false.

If the killer is chasing you in an open field and you use DH, is he likely to fall for that again? Not really. But that's the worst use of the perk. All the killer gets is a missed attack cooldown of like 3 seconds, then he's on you again immediately in an open field. Only use DH like that in emergencies.

The best use of DH is to make it those extra few feet to a pallet, window or exit gate or over a trap. Whether or not the killer knows you have it doesn't matter if you are close enough to make it to that pallet but only if you use DH at the right time.

I've also been opening the exit, just about to finish, when a Nurse teleported over to me. I dodged her lunge, she went into fatigue, I opened the exit and then ran out. She tried to attack and I hit DH through the gate. I've made it to the exit more times than I can count with DH against killers.

It's also good against Nurse because of her attack miss fatigue and Huntress because if she's throwing at you from far away then that could mean you make it into a building or around a wall and now she's gotta come find you, extending the chase significantly.

• thesuicidefox
    edited March 2019

Killer can still wait for you to use it and hit you. It's not just when someone uses it in an open field, if they use it to get to a window or pallet you can still hit them during the drop/vault animation if you wait. Not to mention that you can't really be sure that you can use it at that exact time because if the killer catches up you are basically forced to use it right then.

Again the killer can just wait for you to use it. Yes you can get away if you are in the position to use it in those moments, but if the killer catches up to you when you're not close enough to a pallet/window what are you gonna do? Even if it's at a pallet killer waits and swings through the pallet and still hits you because the I-frames don't protect you during the drop animation. It works ONCE unless you are in the perfect situation where the killer can't play around it, which is generally not in your control.

Balanced Landing opens NEW LOOPS. That is why you use it. Even when you are exhausted those loops are available to you. And there is only 1 map you don't want with BL and that's Shelter Woods. Every other map has places where it can be used very effectively. It turns Game from a killer sided map into a survivor sided map because you now have NEW LOOPS you can use on the killer. And these loops are the strongest in the game, if you do them right killer may never catch you. Plus the fact they don't require a window or pallet, they are semi-infinites. DH doesn't give you anything like that.

@TheLastGreatStar Learn to use the stairs ;)

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Balanced Landing would be stronger than Dead hard, and joint with Lithe in my opinion. Dead Hard is one of the weaker 2, since Balanced Landing and Lithe are just god tier now.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited March 2019

I see multiple people lately shifting to Balanced Landing, and for good reason.

As time goes on, more and more maps with a lot of ledges are being made.

And you only need like .5 meters of a drop to trigger BL.

And not just the sprint, but the 75% reduction in stagger really helps keeping up the chase you're in, which doesn't disable when Exhausted.

Good Killers fall for a Dead Hard once per Survivor at the absolute most and then not again that trial.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

No it doesn't work once. If you aren't going to make it to a pallet or window then you wouldn't make it for Lithe or a drop for BL, either. I run DH all the time and make pallets and windows I never would have if I didn't have it. If you are close enough it doesn't matter if the killer swings or not. At a certain distance they will be almost guaranteed to at least attempt a swing and DH could make the difference.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2019

@danara

Dead Hard

Pros:

• works on all maps
    • 50% chance the killer will not expect it
    • can save you from bad situations if used well
    • can help you reach a window / pallet faster
    • BIG PRO - when you get a nurse, DH is her nightmare.

Cons:

• you have to be injured
    • 50% chance the killer will expect it, so he won't lunge
    • can be pretty laggy, you might press it but it wont trigger

Balanced Landing

Pros:

• can be extremely useful on some maps
    • with the recent exhaustion change, its overall good to not stagger when you fall from heights

Cons:

• only works on some maps

Conclusion: Be like me and use both, I know it might seem like an overkill, but if you go one, you'll regret it once you get a good map.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Use both

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Balanced Landing is nice cause even after exhausted you still take less stun on a drop. In a lot of areas it can give you a huge distance from the killer.

• thesuicidefox

And then the next time you are running to a pallet injured, the killer waits and swings through the pallet and you get hit because pallets aren't safe and the I-frames don't work through the drop animation. Works ONCE. If it works more than once killer made a misplay.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Lol, then wait how he uses dead hard to get close to a pallet/window and extends the chase.

• danara
    edited March 2019

I think that another thing to note is that if you don’t run self care (which i usually don’t) and you’re on a generator without any pallets or a drop nearby then you’re considered unsafe, when I run dead hard I feel safe doing a generator even when injured, similar to sprint burst. When I’m trying to get a flashlight save injured I also feel more safe using dead hard knowing I have a higher chance of getting away if the killer notices me whilst I’m trying to set it up or drops the survivor, which has happened many times making me get downed when running BL (again bl is much more situational depending on the map but if the map is one with a lot of drops then it feels soo good running it). Another point with dead hard is being able to fake a hit whilst the killer is bodyblocking a survivor which can make the difference between them getting off or not and correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t DH also help when basement hooked (the only perks I know that do are SB, DH and head on I suppose when it actually works)

Post edited by danara on
  • Numinous
    Numinous Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2019

Balanced Landing is more reliable in terms of actually working, but Dead Hard is good for closing distance, making extra loops, or just using it when the killer doesn't know how to wait for a survivor to use it. Sometimes I run both, but personally I like Dead Hard more. Once most rank 1 killers are actually good enough to counter it, I'll most likely start running Balanced or maybe Sprint Burst, even though it's kind of lame to run SB.

(Edit: I literally just said that it's good for extra loops and closing distance; I'm going to keep running Dead Hard lmao)