DC'ing shouldn't open the hatch

I play as Freddy pretty often, and the game comes down to two left a lot.

If i end up downing one, they usually DC to let the other person get out, which screws me over.

It happens constantly at high rank and is extremely frustrating.

If this game isn't going to punish DCing then at least make it so DCing doesn't benefit anyone.

Comments

• Doctor_Derek
    Doctor_Derek Member Posts: 93

I hope that when they make dedicated servers it's easier to get people banned for doing this kind of thing, along with an automated soft ban system for DCing over and over.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

The current hatch mechanic forces killers to slug if we want a chance at a 4k, it isn't an option. We don't want to slug.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Wouldn't that make it so that the hatch won't open in the cases where it was a 3 vs 1 with 5 gens?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

+1 I agree, the DC to give hatch happens A LOT.

• ImAGirl
    ImAGirl Member Posts: 147

It's not fair for the Killer.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited March 2019

Its funny because when the hatch closing mechanics were tested many survivors claimed that its OP and unnecessary, they should just slug for the 4k.

And another common argument is that Killers are just greedy for the 4k, well the Devout scoring demands it, the Killer is doing his only objective. Just like survivors having to do gens for their emblems.

I'm not happy with the hatch on either side right now but that piece of hypocrisy is like saying don't do gens and Killers wouldn't DC.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

Slugging to find the last person isn't great. That's a human being on the other end, having to sit there and crawl on the floor till you see fit to kill them. I honestly see that as taking the game hostage. Not cool.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

"can't properly 4k". You literally cannot properly 4k without slugging unless the last 2 survivors go down next to each other which guess what: Is entirely on the survivors.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

oh no

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

So you still can't give up on that entitled 4k can you, you want it earn and if you can't you didn't deserve it.

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

I literally did deserve it if I slug 1-2 ppl to get the last guy. When else would I ever get a 4k? When survivors ######### up hard and didn't even get 2 gens like total potatoes which is impossible on almost every killer that I play unless they play like they're drunk. Did I "deserve" that 5gen 4k while playing Bubba when survivors throw themselves at my chainsaw? No, it's out of my doing.

It's not like I give hatch a ton of times anyways esp as legion since there's so many DCers. The ppl that stay mostly get the hatch unless they were toxic or in some sweaty streamer-SWF

• Jesslowe
    Jesslowe Member Posts: 9

Survs dc just to be dicks aswell. Ive had plenty of games where i dont slug, dont camp, dont tunnel and they still dc when theres 2 to go and 3 or less gens

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    edited March 2019

@MhhBurgers honestly I've learned to ignore powerbats, they're an entitled survivor main that just spreads the hive mind mentality of "you just want ez 4k's" when you bring up legitimate concerns. I suggest you do the same.

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

Yeah, just don't do the one thing that buys you enough time to actually get a 4k, #########. Stop playing to win, what a sweaty killer.

• MhhBurgers

nah not a survivor main but he's pretty much condescending 24/7 and impossible to reason with.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

The problem with this is the fact that if you removed the hatch opening on DC then people would just hide until you give up which isn't very fun to deal with at all. Disconnecting in itself is a problem while the hatch is (while controversial) perfectly functional.

When it comes to the hatch it's better to just take the 3k and go onto more matches to enjoy as otherwise if the hatch didn't work the way it did then you'd be spending over 20 minutes finding some immersed survivor that is doing literally nothing which is far more annoying than any situation the hatch can bring. (except for keys which if someone is dead, they often ruin what should be a very tense moment in the game)

Basically, I'll take having the hatch work the way it does now even if a survivor disconnects to cause it to open as at least it allows you to get into more matches quicker.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

Report them for exploiting, because that's what it is

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Vampirox Have you ever played killer? How is a killer supposed to get a 4k without slugging when the last person standing doesn't play bad?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,038

I wrote it in another Thread, but I would rather have the Killer count a 3K witch Hatch Escape as a 4K, with all benefits. This would end the need to slug in the end of the game (and sadly you need to do this to guarantee the 4K). Slugging is not fun for anyone and can drag the game out a lot.

Regarding DCing: Of course DCing should not open the Hatch, this is an Exploit. But, I see nothing that could prevent that. If one of my random teammates decides to DC to give me the Hatch (or because he is tired of being slugged on the ground), I am the one who is hurt by this. For SWF it is a clear case, but not for Randoms.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited March 2019

I've always thought that it was dumb that a Survivor could DC to give a teammate the Hatch. Making the Hatch not open when a Survivor DCs would force the hiding Survivor to do something like work on a gen or try to heal the slugged Survivor. To prevent the last Survivor from getting salty and just taking the game hostage by just crouching around the map, the Killer would receive permanent aura reading at an unlimited range after some time has passed with the Survivor not trying to escape. Survivors will be forced to repair a gen or die once the Killer's aura reading activates. No more crouching around the map because "waaaah this Killer is actually trying to do his job".

• MhhBurgers

Both Marth and Monto slug a ######### ton to get that 4k so what the heck are you talking about.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

It sucks but it's not really a big deal. Especially when that person is giving up all of their points just for someone to get the hatch.

• Doctor_Derek
    Doctor_Derek Member Posts: 93

idgaf about the survivor's points. I care about me getting a 4k or enough points to rank up

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,790

So thirsty for that 4k. Maybe if you didn't act like a single survivor getting away was the end of the world you'd be a little happier.

The implications of this go way beyond your need for validation.. sorry, 4 kills.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,790

Yeahh, uh. Sometimes killers have NOED and the gates are 50m apart within eyesight of each other. Or maybe they have Rancor. Maybe the survivor is injured.

There are plenty of good reasons the hatch should open and zero reasons why not.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I really feel sad for Killers who expect a 4K every game. That does not seem fun.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Sorry guys everytime I get slugged on the ground while the killer tries to prevent the other survivor from getting hatch my internet suddenly goes down it's very weird. Luckily there is this new perk called flip-flop I will be running for killers that like to slug for that ez 4k.

• powerbats

They've never come on here and whined incessantly have they which was what I said. But typical of you to ignore what I said and post your something irrelevant to what was said.

Oh yes here's exactly what I said and I quote with Italics so you can't magically miss it again because it doesn't fit your troll narrative.

"I don't think I've ever seen Marth or Monto etc on here whining incessantly about not getting a 4k they didn't earn."

Yep nothing there was said about Marth or Monto slugging for the 4k, you know one day you'll stop trying to troll me.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,234

Its sad how every survivor here claims that four kills is something special but escaping is not.

The game treats 4k and escaping the same. There is NO additional reward for less than killing all four survivors.

Anyways back to topic.

If the game would consider dc'd surcivors as sacrificed in ALL Mechanics or emblems it wouldnt be so bad. But that a siicide leads to another escape right afzer shouldnt be a thing. There should ne a longer delay between a DC and that stupod zhong opening.

More important would be to disable the hatch after a gate is opened.

• MhhBurgers

Both marth and monto think the hatch shouldn't exist in the first place, they don't come here because there's no point, they have a ######### youtube channel where ppl listen to them. Marth quit the game over how ridiculously imbalanced it is if you remember this so your examples are really bad.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Each dc should kill another living survivor

• MhhBurgers

Oh great so I can't even give the hatch/gates anymore to the ones that have balls, great idea, make this game even more toxic.

• powerbats

Marth quit and tried the I'm retiring to play something else and when his viewership plummeted he came right back. It's amazing the game didn't change but when his viewers dropped he was back to playing the game as if nothing had happened.

Now there's been massive changes and in any case he's one of the top players in the world 0.1% of the playerbase. To use one of the many whiny killer mains common refrains on here when a Youtuber is brought up.

"Who cares what a Youtuber thinks, just because they're popular doesn't mean their opinion is important." There's also various variations on that theme but when you or any of the other whiny killers main want to use them as examples their word is considered divine.

Which means once again the only one with bad examples here is you.

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

It doesn't matter what examples I use, my point still stands, perfect survivors will EASILY crush perfect killers, how the ######### is this even remotely a question, why the ######### is this status okay with this community. There's tons of ######### that could be done yet here you have ppl larping about not changing the game in the needed direction, this is one of the first games that I have seen where devs are too afraid to change things based on community feedback.

And no I'm not even talking about just nerfing survivors either, I'm talking about making the game simpler so that the balance shifts from getting 4k'd at lowranks in almost every game to escaping with 4mans in a sweaty environment.

ppl leave this game not because survivors are UP but because they cannot play the game in a way that is fun, survivors are still downright broken when it comes to control over the game but the devs are not fixing the game in a right way.

Best example is the plague who ######### over bad survivors really hard and is worthless against any survivor that knows how to loop properly.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I 4k most if my matches, yet rarely have to slug. Slugging is not the only way. I find it pretty sweaty when the killer wants the 4k that bad. If you chased and pressured well, you got plenty of hooks and chase em lem.

If you have a DC or two, I can see slugging in order to avoid depip.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

lol @ the guy who said dont slug. i was flattening a swf with ds and downed a guy at the exit gates this was prepatch. before the ds changed. and you know what? he dced to give the hatch to his team mates. then acted like i was the noob or what not or how i played the entitlement was real. so yeah they hatch should not open on a dc because of pricks like that. i didnt slug and they still dc regardless whatever you do because they are a bunch of tools.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I disagree with that statement if the killer is playing nurse or another high tier killer.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Should at the very least delay its openning.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I just hook the 3rd and hope I can find the last survivor. Unless I know where they are or they're asleep as Freddy. I just want to get to the next match.