What Can We Do to Bring More Variety Than the Standard Survivor Meta?! *Updated*

Panduh
Panduh Member Posts: 51
edited April 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16TLOmqJTWkRyRB7SWiJtzCKEq2-MVLL68qHTeUeWlMU/edit?ts=5cad912e

Here I have attached a Google document of my thought-out ideas to bring more health, viability, and variety to many lesser used survivor perks. This was a draft I wrote out over about a week. I have been a fan and supporter of the game since 2016, play on mostly PS4 with a friend, occasional PC. I play more survivor but don't stray from killer. Come join in and add your input!

I have discussed this with a friend who plays killer more often than I in hopes that any thought out changes would not come out overtly strong, I'd like healthy non-toxic discussion from both sides!

Post edited by Panduh on

Answers

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

At the moment, the only good idea I can think of is a perk that allows survivors to pick up pallets for reuse. That, or a perk that allows pallets to be repaired, but I prefer the first one.

• Panduh

Thanks for the comment! I was hoping for some discussion on ideas in the document, as we need more variety and use in the perks we have currently.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

Well, that took a while to read. I like your idea for Wake Up; suggesting that it reveals your aura to other survivors when interacting with things like generators and chests on top of gates.

I wish that Lightweight quieted your footsteps on top of the scratch marks disappearing faster.

I originally was excited about Autodidact, because I typically like to heal, and healing fast asf would be amazing. But like you said, it's typically not preferable over BK or WMI. Usually, on each heal you'll get 2 skill checks, maybe 3 if you're lucky. So, you have to heal 2 different survivors before Autodidact actually starts doing what it's meant to do.

I agree that Dance With Me should have the scratch marks disappear for a longer period of time.

Detective's Hunch should also have it's time increased. I feel like I barely get to look at anything while I'm running away from the generator before it all disappears.

Boil Over should definitely should get a buff of some sort. Someone was actually able to do some good with it on me the other day, but that was the first I've ever seen it work in general.

Left Behind and Sole Survivor are just trash perks. Yeah, they do what they're intended to do, but requiring people to die, (exactly what I want my fellow survivors NOT to do) makes them such undesirable perks.

I agree with the No Mither thing. Yeah, I have infinite recovery, but the killer knows that too, so why would they leave me on the floor? It's worked for me once, and that was when I was a beginner.

I feel like Slippery Meat actually reduces my chances to kobe. It doesn't, but it just seems like a perk that allows you to fail more. Maybe if it gave you luck as well? But then I suppose that would remove the purpose of Up the Ante..

I strongly agree with your thoughts on Technician. Yeah, sometimes it'll save you from that generator explosion, but the reduced repair noise is so pointless. Regardless of whether I hear repairing or not, I always check a generator that's making noise.

I've discussed We're Gonna Live Forever with others a few times, and most people agree that you should be able to get tokens for healing other survivors for the equivalence of 1 health state, or at least something along those lines.

Last thing I have to say, really, is that I think Lithe should have a passive ability like Balanced Landing. It oughta have a faster vaulting speed. It is a vaulting based perk after all..

• Panduh

Ah thank you! Fantastic feedback! I had actually thought similarly of Lithe, I just thought it would be too controversial to add. Maybe something small for the passive vault speed boost. I'm glad you liked a handful of ideas, and hope more people will agree :)

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Can you make this a google doc so that individuals can comment directly on the document?

• Kind_Lemon

The occasional Hope user here: It's a good perk in those 120 seconds, which always feels too short, but way outclassed by everything else. If anything, I would like to see the perk timer start to count down once an exit gate is opened.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

I never used DS, but I think needs and op. Perhaps you can throw a pallet if you are in killer's shoulder and he pass near one.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

autodidact would've become the meta with the thanatophobiabuff but the devs don't want to change the survivor meta.

• Panduh

Apologies, was busy, but absolutely.

Hopefully this will make it more accessible and easier to directly discuss on, any other suggestions welcome. Added a more simple Autodidact suggestion as well.

• Panduh

I love a good interesting healing perk, but they seem to keep falling short, as with AD and Solidarity.

• Kind_Lemon

Thank you; This is a much easier format by which to give feedback.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

There's no need for a good healing perk since you don't heal much in general. Lowtier killers on lowranks will tunnel the ######### out of you and softcamp the hook so you don't heal often there.

On Highrank Adrenaline>all.

• Panduh

Update!

Added thoughts on Ashley J. Williams' perks. New suggestion for Solidarity, updated several texts, some thoughts about Luck(see: Up The Ante comment) Lots of feedback! Get in here and tell me what you think!

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
  • T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

I've been adding my thoughts to this document and will definitely keep an eye on it in the future! Devs should definitely take a look at this.