Are there any people who think..

Unicorn
Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

that if DS gets nerfed so should NOED? Just asking. I've seen people say DS is kind of the equivalent to NOED because it gives Survivors/Killers a second chance? What do you think?

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Nope.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Are there people who think that? Of course there is. Are they correct? Nope.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Why do you think they're incorrect? I'm still figuring stuff out so I'd love to hear reasoning. Thanks :)

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Nope, separate perks with their own conditions.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited March 2019

Unless you're comparing the original NOED to DS then no they aren't equivalents not at all. Even so that would be reaching.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

NOED has a counter. Pre nerf DS did not. They are not equivalent. Also NOED really does not need a nerf as the perk has a counter to it before it can even come into the game. It is high risk/high reward.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I mean, sure, why not, I never use it and I do just fine so I could care less if it gets nerfed

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

No. Hex: No One Escapes Death can be countered by cleansing totems. The old Decisive Strike couldn’t be countered. Now, H:NOED is perfectly equal to the new DS, with both of them having counters.

Well... unless the Killer is using Enduring.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

DS did not have a counter, has one now.

You counter NOED by cleansing totems

The devs stated in the plague-chapter patchnotes that they think NOED is in a good spot currently

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

They aren't the same thing. DS punished a killer for successfully completing their only objective. NOED potentially punishes survivors for NOT completing their secondary objective.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Devs have already come out and said they don't equate DS to NoED.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

They're both ######### perks so yeah I do.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

Totems are optional though but since there can always be a possible NOED I don’t like taking the risk.

As someone mentioned earlier, yeah; devs aren’t going to change or nerf anything to NOED.

It’s pretty rare to see honestly; plus DS is dead now

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

Nah, honestly I didn't think DS was that bad from a killer perspective, realistically how many people actually evaded the killer after hitting DS? Not many in my experience and with perks like enduring really limited its effectiveness. Didn't use it much as survivor but they nerfed it so bad I'll never use it again

I don't understand how Noed is so notorious just cleanse totems its that easy but people won't for some reason

I think DS needs a buff now lol

• Sunstellar
    Sunstellar Member Posts: 13

Everytime I play Survivor, the only two perks I see are Hex: Ruin and NOED. Yet they complain about DS being overpowered.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

No and if they did change Noed I'd remove the movement speed boost across all tiers and to compensate give it a after cleanse effect.

Option 1: The totem gets cleansed as per usual but the person cleansing it get their aura shown to the killer for 2/4/6 seconds. It could go up to 3/6/9 seconds but thinking of high mobility killers.

Option 2: The totem gets cleansed as usual but instead of the exposed effect immediately dissipating the effect last an additional 2/4/6 seconds. The 3/6/9 has same issue abusive with high mobility killers.

Option 3: The totem gets cleansed as usual but instead of the exposed effect immediately dissipating the person cleansing it gets the exposed effect for 2/4/6 or 3/6/9.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Killers unite!

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

They both belong in the garbage along with the people who rely on them

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Perks that don't have a direct interaction can be balanced in isolation. In otherwords if a perk like NOED is balanced with old DS then it is still balanced with new DS. And vice versa.

The only time this wouldn't be the case is if a perk made another perk weaker or stronger. For example new DS makes dying light worse and unbreakable makes knock out worse. While at the same time self care makes Nurses calling and sloppy butcher better. Thus those perks can be changed in response to each other.

So in the case of NOED it would be small game that would need to be buffed or nerfed to warrant a NOED change. Maybe adrenaline as NOED negates the health state bonus