Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Trap door (like everyone else is complaining about)

after 10 minutes of waiting the last survivor finally found the hatch and then proceeded to waste another 5-8 minutes refusing to either do gens or jump through

it there was a way to close the hatch I would have gotten my 4k

after the match they (swf lobby) all complain about me being a bad killer and camping the hatch, meanwhile the survivor literally took the game hostage by refusing to progress the game

any attempt to go after them would allow them to escape and as such I was forced to either lose or just LOSE

I would really appreciate some kind of solution from the devs because if I get bullied by toxic survivors for going with my only option then it brings down the entire game

I sent a report in game about this and much like several other times in which survivors take the game hostage Im almost certain it will be discarded

anyone got advice on how to handle the situation?

Comments

• Steamtastic_Vagabond
    Steamtastic_Vagabond Member Posts: 134

If it’s a lose lose situation, it would probably be better for you to just hit them and end the game, if they still stay behind for whatever reason, drag them to a hook and end them.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I just hit them, not with the time get to the next game

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488

so just give up because the game has no solution to a blaring problem? got it great thanks

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited March 2019

Aren't you holding it hostage by being too arrogant to let them leave? She made it too one gen, let her live, you're not entitled to a 4k every time. Not to be offensive, but that's my view on it.

Run a slugging build on Nurse or Spirit if you want a 4k.

• Soulslayer618

first off I dont have spirit and I suck as nurse

secondly Im not entitled but if I could get one EVER thatd be nice

third the game is not on hold if I do nothing because they can still do gens and escape via exit

lastly she did escape and had the lowest score she didnt earn it and was not entitled to escape just because the game has a flaw

my point in posting this is to ask for a possible change and advice on how to prevent hatch standoff

I apologize if I come off as a -Donkey of sorts- Im just upset that the game being broken prevents me from actually playing the game

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Honestly, I'd have still gave it to her, less experienced survivors tend to struggle more and it's nice to let them do something for once. If she got so little points, then she's probably finding her feet and learnt to do a hatch standoff from Ochido. Unless it was a toxic team, I never camp the hatch.

Good day. ☺

• Soulslayer618
    edited March 2019

in any normal case Id agree with you but she was rank 12 and brought an insta heal

she wasnt inexperienced she was lazy and didnt want to do the work

edit: personal thought being every swf is a bit toxic

• scojer
    scojer Member Posts: 38

I think closing the hatch if the killer finds it first is a great idea, and the survivor can only reopen it if they have a key or complete another gen.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

My solution would be 3 mins after the last survivor dies the hatch auto closes. To open it again a survivor must complete a gen.

Another 1 is after 3 minutes the survivors aura is shown to the killer.

I have had the same thing and it sucks. It also sucks when they don't finish any gens and the last dude just hides to piss your off or make you go AFK.

• Jaarthan
    Jaarthan Member Posts: 47

I mean, if you're in a situation where there is only one survivor left and they are trying for hatch, then not all gens were done and all other survivors were eliminated, why is one going through the hatch a total failure? Like clearly you kicked ass for that match. Also you can't say killers are punished for taking action on a hatch standoff because then a survivor who takes action and tries to jump in is also punished in the same manner. Standoffs suck for both parties, and whenever I play killer, and from the really high ranked killers that stream, tend to just hit the survivor and watch them jump down because it's just one of hundreds of matches you will play.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I think the issue at hand here is that there is nothing to do in the end game. Hit them and they escape or wait FOREVER.

There needs to be a balance.

• Soulslayer618

There is one of the big problems

I did great that match so why should I have to lose in the end?

Im not super high ranked I suck at this game so if I finally do good why do I have to be punished for something like this

even still this problem affects all tiers not just new player not just veterans everyone is affected

• Jaarthan

Why do you consider a 3k a lose? In that case it all comes down to what you define as your win condition, or what makes you feel good. And if it's 4k every time no matter how it happens, you will be sad. Just like a survivor who wants to survive every match, will be disappointed.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

The hatch is fine, you aren’t entitled to four kills.

If the game boils down to one survivor looking for the hatch then just look for them.

You can also bring deerstalker and nurse’s so you can slug for the 4K easier.

Freddy is good for preventing the hatch game if you put the time into learning him.

• Jaarthan

Yeah if you think hatch is a pressing matter, you should play survivor and see how fun lobbies with bad pings are, or survivors that dc moment they get downed, of 1v3's, etc, killer imbalance, etc.

• Soulslayer618

thats a good idea let me just dump a bunch of bloodpoints into a killer I dont use

and besides telling me not to try to get 4 kills is like telling survivors not to work on gens

its the entire point of the game

• Soulslayer618

I play both and trust me I know Im p3 Jake

the fact is that its a problem that was fixed until survivors complained

if you failed to survive then thats your fault if I failed to kill thats my fault but I shouldnt fail BECAUSE I killed

• Steamtastic_Vagabond
    Steamtastic_Vagabond Member Posts: 134

If the killer was allowed to close the hatch in a normal situation. There would be no end to survivor salt.

However, it might be fair if a new Ultra Rate offering allowed the killer to close the hatch and have it be reopened with a key.

• Soulslayer618

and thats another good point

maybe multiple levels on it? like one closes it for a minute then one for 3 minutes and the ultra rare that closes it permanantly without key but all of which have to be activated manually

• Jaarthan

Idk, I just feel the hatch should be the farthest thing from the Dev's mind right now. Servers, Freddy rework/buff, Nurse rework/nerf, make ######### perks better, etc. And I don't think the hatch is a big issue if some of the best killers in the game who stream and have put thousands of hours into those killers just don't care one bit about survivors getting hatch, and that's something I follow as well when playing killer.

• Soulslayer618

tell that to my safety pip I didnt get any rank up because the system is broken

• Soulslayer618

@DudeDelicious I was off by one segment I literally could have pipped from one more anything or even just a little more chase

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

Essentially if you can't kill the survivor before he finds the hatch you have lost 100%.

The hatch standoff always favors the survivor and i personally just hit him and let him have it and get onto my next game.

The hatch is there simply for salty survivors who can't take an L and would grief a killer by spending the next 30 mins playing immersive out of pure spite if the hatch was not there despite them not intending to win.

IMO remove the hatch grab but make the hatch close for X second after the survivor has taken a hit, no more take hit and jump right into the hatch.

But the killer can't grab if the survivor finds it first or if they find it at the exact same moment the survivor gets out BUT if the survivor has not already started his jump animation and takes a hit he loses or has to run the killer for a loop until the hatch re-opens.

• Mcfred
    Mcfred Member Posts: 152

Lol I play plague, so they can't troll me like that I'll 1 hit'em

• Mcfred

If she ran away

• Mcfred

Boiiiiiiiiiiii

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

This thread is trash because you deliberately stayed in a hatch stand off.

You KNOW if claudette jumped, you could grab her and get a 4k.

You KNOW if you hit Claudette before she jumps, she can go in and get her win.

But what do you do? Expect the survivor to let you win, and when they don't you come to the forums to complain that the survivor started the hatch standoff and "held the game hostage".

You both were competing to win and that's the end of that.

As a survivor main, I don't want to be punished because my team decided to DC or die after 2 gens were done and the killer thinks they're entitled to a kill. Hatches are perfectly fine by me. You should be grateful that it's super uncommon to see games where survivors run with keys to open the hatches early after busting your totems and opening chests instead of complaining about an alternate escape when the conditions are met.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

Saying you shouldn't be punished for the team playing bad is ridiculous. By that same logic, you shouldn't be rewarded if the team plays well, too.

• Soulslayer618

if youd like to read the rest of the discussion youd see that this person literally didnt do anything

its one thing if its worked for its another thing if you spend all game hiding and go for hatch when everyone dies

and as a survivor main I still think its a broken system that needs to be fixed

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Trapdoor can easily be countered by not letting the survivors repair enough gens, it doesnt even spawn then

• Soulslayer618

really? you try going into mid-high ranks swf and get somewhere if you believe you can get them all before the hatch spawns then good for you but as a survivor main playing killer is a bit harder (especially since I dont have all the killers or even close to all the perks)