Am I the only one that has been losing interest in the game recently?

This could just be the feeling of being burnt out on the game or something else entirely but right now I just have been losing interest since last update constant dcs... not fun to play as a solo survivor sometimes depending on the match not fun to play killer just haven't been having as much fun. But maybe that's just me.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

You'll get sick/tired/bored/whatever of a game at some point, no matter the cause.

I thought Left 4 Dead 2 would always be my most-played game on Steam, sitting at 900 hours currently.

DbD is over 2k hours now.

Granted, i play it WAY less. (Pretty much 3/4th was made in the first half of the game's life.)

But i start it more than L4D2.

• Jamez666
    Jamez666 Member Posts: 26

I primarily play SWF with usually a group of 3 and it takes around 15-20min to even find a lobby to just get dodged/killer DC at the start, or maybe find a game lobby and try and wait for a 4th. Matchmaking is good awful and they keep playing around with it making it all worse. Rank wise we all tend to stay around 10-7 ish so there shouldn't be too much of a problem finding a match. While we do all love playing the game still, waiting and scrolling through our phones for a half hour in between games is not my definition of a fun game.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,282
    edited April 2019

I've felt like I've been bored of DBD for a while. As survivor the only thing that changes the game is perks and killers. However most killers can be played around the same exact way so nothing changes for the most part. Because of this I rarely play survivor anymore.

As killer an interesting power can really change the mood of the game. I don't know whether this is unpopular opinion or not but I find both Legion and Plague kind of boring. Visually both killers look amazing and I can see The Plague being impressive on a technical level for this game. Her power is just boring though. We have killers that use brute force and teleporting and stuff and here we have this killer who just pukes on people. I just can't get into it.

Spirit for example was amazing. Great design overall and the power really changes the feel of the game but that was 6 months ago. Game hasn't added anything I really enjoyed for those 6 months so I play other stuff.

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

I havent been having fun with it for a while. At this point if I play I go 2-3 rounds at most then move on. The toxicity, the stale game mechanics, changes I dont particularly care for to the game- it adds up. I dont even think Ash is going to be much a difference maker as shocked as I am to write that.