The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hex ruin needs to be modified

sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 535

Hex ruin is ridiculously powerful, not only it makes you loose progress when you hit a skill check, after that you can clearly see how progress also stops for a couple of seconds before you can continue getting progress, and even worst, when you are fixing a gen with someone else, and that other person hits a skill check, progress also stops for you, it is absolutely ridiculous, this perk makes the match nearly impossible to win, you need to waste a lot of time looking for the totem if you even find it at all, and now every killer is using the perk. Something needs to change for this perk and make it less unfair for survivor

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Console ruin is a mess

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Hey, we don't touch things that impact solos and newbies disproportionally more than veterans or swf. It's the design direction.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Small Game, Rainbow Map, Stake Out, doing totems, hitting greats. Easy counters to Ruin. I hate dealing with Ruin too, but this perk also helps Survivors learn how to hit great skillchecks, which comes in handy at later ranks.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Ruin is overrated.

Power through it and you’ll have a good time.

• AshleyWB

Console skill checks are like doc skill checks at base

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Is this a bait thread?.. Ruin?... one of the most useless perks in the game.

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

oO

If anything I'd want Lightbringer emblem points for hitting hex skillchecks while everyone else wastes time to find the totem or messes the gen progression.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I never have trouble with console skill checks. Is PC really just that easy?

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

I agree but otherwise killers just get gen rushed way easier than now.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

But killer mains require this crutch for their ez 4ks.

They could just apply map pressure, but nono

• PreGum
    PreGum Member Posts: 64

I don’t really have a problem with ruin when I play survivor. If you hit a great skill check then great! If not, STOP DOING THE GEN for 2 seconds after it regresses. You can’t get any progress during that time, but you also won’t risk having another skill check. Don’t waste time looking for ruin, but if you’re in a certain area, do a quick look around the area for a hex, if you can’t find one, do a gen.

Console by the way.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Ruin is a weak perk to buy the killer time against incompetent survivors. Power through it. If you have prove thyself & a buddy, ruin looks like a bad joke.

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125

EVERYONE runs Ruin on PS4. I remember thinking it was broke when I was a new player and gradually adapting to it from "**** this I gotta search for that damn totem" to carefully gen tapping and finally "I can probably just hit the skill checks and power through." What's really awesome is I can tell the other survivors have leveled up against it too and most people know how to counter it lately. OP will get there too eventually if this isn't bait lol

What's scary now is when the killer DOESN'T have Ruin, that means they're probably running Devour Hope instead.

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136

To be fair, Ruin is a pain in my arse too, but its not OP. You can easily use Small Game to find it (which is generally a great perk to learn totem spots).

And after its cleansed the killer has no use from it any longer.

Btw is gen tapping still a thing?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Are you having an identity crisis? This game and the forums aren't that serious.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Dumb complaint by an account with only 2 posts...

thats gonna be a yikes for me

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

OP when he made this thread

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Its almost like the perk is supposed to HELP the killers. Isn't that total BS?

It isn't like the reality of the perk is that in 60% or more matches it will be destroyed within 2 minutes.

Some people seriously deserve a GIT GUD.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

I don't hate ruin.. I just hate that its in nearly every game.. That's a yawn from me.

• AshleyWB

Ruin on console in 50% of games is difficult because theres all sorts of lag and delay and framerate issues.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Lag doesn't affect skill checks. Those are all on your end.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

Lag affects skill checks if YOU'RE the one lagging. Instead of the host. If your game is laggy, not just your connection, skill checks will be laggy.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

I think the average time ruin stays active in the trial is maybe about 30 seconds, seems not so op then.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

If you can't power through Ruin i dunno what to tell you and i love "Map pressure"

If you end up on a farm or forest map The Nurse and Billy are the only people who can pressure maps that big.

Every big map is a massive survivor crutch and love they re-added double pallets so much fun. And don't forget your nice see-through walls on the farm for not having to worry about getting moonwalked.

It's so easy to find Ruin it takes me no more than 2 minutes on any map to find it and i don't even need small game.

Or was that sarcasm? text can be hard to judge sometimes lol

• yakul1nausicaa
    yakul1nausicaa Member Posts: 128

Ruin is found incredibly easily. Most survivors know the spawn the locations now. Also, it's fairly easy to power through when you get the timing down.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

You can work through it. I suck at great skill checks but if you get one and dont get a great let go of the repair button. You cant make progress but can still get skill checks.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Sooooooooo unfairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr omggggggggggggggggggggggg DEVS PLS NERF THIS BROKEN PERK!!!!!!!!!! arhehrhsehwehrwhhrhrgghhh!