Today i've uninstalled the game...

Emhyr
Emhyr Member Posts: 73
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Hi guys, 

I was a big fan of the game but the last months were making me so much confused and angry... I came on this game at the release of the doctor and played nearly 1500 hours (and a lot of money) at the both sides but today is finally the day i have to say goodbye to a game i loved.

Maybe i just played enough to find an other occupation but i'm not so sure about that. I'm here to explain why i leave this game because, to me, there is to much problems.

It's hard to see a game being so big without any optimisation, to see that the developpers are making a lot of money with the skins we paid and the DLC and at the same time see so much crashes, bugs etc...

It's hard to see that the matchmaking problems aren't resolved since i bought the game and only see the devs are taking this into consideration only the lasts months.

It's hard to see that there is a lot of problems in the current game that the devs don't care about : bad community management (high toxicity), a god damn problem of genrush, promises they deliberately forgotten like Freddy. I don't talk about the crap perks : 2 years to nerf decisive, NOED, and now this MoM...

Maybe i just don't like the high rank matches (as a killer and survivor) and maybe i'm totally wrong but i think there is too much problems that devs don't care about even if i find a lot of them like Mathieu Cote of Queen really kind (in appearance, i mean i don't know them).

There is a lot of problems and at the same time they continue to invade the store with merch, skins, DLC and don't mobilize any force to enhance the quality of this game.

I've heard that they are losing a big amount of players since the Legion.

Continue, you're on the good way.

(Sorry for my english)

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Later

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I completely get you, I haven't played since plagues release and have decided to do the same. Hopefully I'll get the itch to play again but I just haven't lately.

The Past few months have kind of killed my will to play but I kept the game installed,There's so many reasons but ultimately after today's update I realized I have this game installed that I have no enjoyment playing anymore so I uninstalled.

• Emhyr

Just saying it, to enlighten the problems, to hope the devs see it.

I'm a fan so if they finally work on the game, i can still play.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

👋👋

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I understand.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Bye

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583

@Emhyr sorry, just the devs have so many problems and are constant attack at things, so many people are never ever happy about anything and it gets boring to hear people pissing and moaning about things....i am sorry about this really i am, but just grit your teeth, we all come back there is something about the game, just put yourself in the devs etc shoes about this game.....

• Mushwin

@Gorgonia sorry but it's a wasted effort, i mean if it takes so long to get a DS change i mean....really?

• scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149

want a sad violin song or what is this thread for?

• Emhyr

If you need to grit your teeths while playing a game it shows that the game has a big problem... And here it is absolutely sure there is a lot of problems. So no, i won't grit my teeth... i will wait and see if the devs react. If they don't and only release additionnal content i will not give them my money and my time to them if their game is going more and more frustrating.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

I'm asking myself the same should i do it as we never see any community manager come here. Not_Queen or clyde or even patricia there's no one talking with us and don't know the issues because they are low ranks and don't know anything.

I will tell you my everyday story since legion patch.

1. Getting rush gen both by SwF and Solo players with no way winning game and mostly depip.
    2. 90%-95% maps are too big for killers (Nurse and Billy included but have more control).
    3. I won't talk about jungle gym having two pallets and too much pallets on every map overall (excluding swamp maybe?)

As survivors is resume to three things : Tunneled , camped and playing with potatoes. Balance is ######### for killers , game is filled with bugs that make the game unplayable ( wiggle bug , can't be heal , matchmaking issues , rank useless ).

I'll stop here but the question should i stop DbD as Devs don't react as what we said.

@not_Queen let's give it a try.

• Mushwin

They wont react, they will say goodbye and goodluck. Yes the game have problems, but are you are actually aware of how much time, effort etc goes into a game? the devs are trying, this game is wayyyy popular despite people moaning about it

• Emhyr

The devs won't react, you can see it on the roadmap announce for the clown. They expose how much they grew but as a player you can see the same problems... They don't care about the sanity or the balance. They only get more and more employees to make skins and DLC but we don't see any correction or it takes so much months/years...

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

Feelsbadman, it's always difficult to realise that you don't enjoy anymore one of your most loved games.

Hopefully you find a game you can have fun with again, I can suggest you Dark Souls 1. A quite difficult but amazing game. If you like a hidden story and hardcore boss fights it's the game for you.

Take care lad.

• Mushwin

The thing is, when you have a forum were most people piss and moan about things, it's were to make the decision to buff and nerf and play at a level balance, no, they wont care of you leaving....there is always going to be problems, but i guess if fed up of such then doing the right thing and uninstalling it

• Emhyr

Dude, i really know how making a game is hard and how hardly it's when you do an online competitive game. But, unlike a lot of popular games they don't resolve any problems. After EVERY patch while they are correcting small bugs, we are taking a lot more. They don't care about it, they do the minimum to get a playable game. But the game is purely toxic actually... at high ranks it's purely unfun and they don't correct the problems. Even if they do, it takes so much time.

All competitive games have balances, matchmaking problems and bugs. But we can see the efforts of the devs to get a better quality and here, we don't see anything if it's not teasers or informations for upcoming contents. And i don't talk about the forum where we don't get answers from them...

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

The game may have its issues - The DS buff being a huge mistake, The devs should listen to its fans. But other games? What is there out there? On the "What other games are you playing" thread, there is just a list of crap.

I hope you and others that are leaving come back.

• Mushwin

and no offense but you spent that money freely, maybe play fridy the 13th game...no game is perfect...esp online......just fare well

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Bye! I'd recommend the game Deceit if you are looking for something else.

Similar setup (2 infected vs 4 innocents, innocents are trying to escape alive and win individually, 2 infected are trying to kill the 4 innocents first and win together) but the infected look like innocents and the innocents have guns to fight back. It totally nails the horror feeling and is pretty intense.

Just picture this. It's dark and you can hardly see anything. You hear someone screaming about an infected attacking him and before he can say who he was with he goes silent. Then your buddy says to follow and runs off, you go there and he trails behind slightly after establishing the direction. Suddenly you hear a roar and see who you thought was a friend turning into a monster. You start shooting but it screams throwing off your aim before running in to bite your face off. The 2 remaining innocents power the doors to the next area, but at this point it's too late and the infected open fire in human form to finish off the survivors.

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

They have such colorful playerbase. I played it once and wanted to troll as a noob. All the homophobic slurs were priceless until I said what I think about them.

I'm curious how DBD would sound like if it had voip.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

That's not how Deceit usually goes, at all. Usually you just get shot at as an innocent.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Don't play a game if it's not fun.

It's part of the entertainment branch, it's supposed to entertain you.

If it doesn't, it's time to find something else.

That said, i hope you do.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Would be quite silent because the kids wouldnt want to expose their childs voice =)

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

The game might be "popular," but it is also bleeding players. Even the release of Ash today only saw a 24-hour peak login of slightly over 22k players for PC according to SteamCharts. Plague DLC didn't fair much better.

There's definitely something seriously wrong when a full Chapter release, and then the release of Ash, both fail to jump the player base numbers even temporarily.

That means many players are leaving who likely never visit the forums and who don't post good-bye threads. And it also means that those players are not returning for the latest DLCs.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Kilmeran Summer will decide whether this game has a future.

Personally I have my doubts and I am almost positive that BHVR will break a lot of critical things with their dedicated servers, I dont even wanna imagine how hitting a 360ing survivor with latency is supposed to work e.g....

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@Master I plan to check back in when dedicated servers one day go live, myself, just to see what is what.

In the meantime, though, I'm unfortunately with the OP. It isn't for any one, specific reason, just a combination of them. The Devs have a lot of work to do, and "trying" isn't cutting it. They have to absolutely get them done. Otherwise, Dedicated Servers aren't going to save the game if many of the same bugs and imbalances are still present. They'll, maybe, just help with lag and DCs.

I still plan to keep an eye on DbD between now and summer. But for now, I have less frustrating games to play.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to just say “F*ck it,” and solely play some game like Identity V.

I’m honestly only holding onto Dead by Daylight because of how much time and money I’ve put into it.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433

Sad to see you leave. It ain't your fault. The game has disappointed us.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Players that like this game don't want to play something else they want to play their favorite game. Telling to change game shouldn't be a thing and should cheers players to make the game better not doing nothing to stop the downfall.

When you see a game that don't work well have issues that devs don't seem to want to fix (matchmaking obviously) maybe we should sue them if that make them react we got heavy proof.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Welcome to the club!

It doesn't surprise me that Dead By Daylight is so popular even though it has lots of issues, bugs and imbalances, the same happened in ARK:

LOTS of inexperienced, new gamers casually tried the game, instantly fell in love, got addicted and turned into fanboys. "Wow, such an awesome game, riding dinos and stuff!!". It's the same in Dead By Daylight, lots of inexperienced and unskilled players that won't even notice imbalances. They love the concept of the game and that's all that matters.

Dead by daylight has many casual players, so the developers balance the game around them. I'm not a casual and the imbalance is ruining my experience soI FINALLY decided to give it a break.

It's a nice game for casuals and I hope they can enjoy the game for some more time but I don't think it's good for experienced gamers, at least not as long as it lacks proper balance, ranking system and matchmaking. The imbalance messes up the skill distribution between Survivors and Killers too much.