New Killer Perk - Third Strike

Options
With Third Strike you gain a token for each successful hit on a HEALTHY survivor, every third token earned becomes an exposed strike. Every time a killer kicks a generator ( successfully regressing it ) the killer loses one token. Once the killer has dealt the exposed strike, the token count refreshes. 

Comments

• DirtyNurseMain
    DirtyNurseMain Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Pls add any tweaks if you like.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    I really like the idea of this perk. No tweaks needed imo. 
  • Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options
    Seems a bit OP. Might have to be a hex
  • zacmangaming
    zacmangaming Member Posts: 103
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

I love that any somewhat decent killer perk HAS to be a hex. The amount of threads I've seen saying "Plz make BBQ and Chili a hex" or "MYC Is too OP... Make it a hex"

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Do you use the exposed strike if you hit an injured survivor?
  • DirtyNurseMain
    Options
    Not a hex perk, if it’s a hex it’s gonna need a buff, bc hex perks should be obviously op not maybe op
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,402
    Options

So just so we're clear here, hit three healthy survivors, get an instant down, then reset to 0 tokens?

I can dig it. It's good, but not overpowered. Let's be real here, if you just hit a healthy survivor to get that third token, they're going to be injured anyway which sorta' makes it redundant. Still might be useful for applying pressure to that survivor and then going off to instantly down another, or to punish survivors for grouping up and trying to take hits.

As long as it shows the exposed status for everyone, I'd be okay with it.

• DirtyNurseMain
    Options
    Peanits said:

So just so we're clear here, hit three healthy survivors, get an instant down, then reset to 0 tokens?

I can dig it. It's good, but not overpowered. Let's be real here, if you just hit a healthy survivor to get that third token, they're going to be injured anyway which sorta' makes it redundant. Still might be useful for applying pressure to that survivor and then going off to instantly down another, or to punish survivors for grouping up and trying to take hits.

As long as it shows the exposed status for everyone, I'd be okay with it.

You’re absolutely right, the perk is designed to apply pressure to survivors, so yes if you don’t want to waste the exposed strike, you go after another survivor, also the perk let’s the survivors know they’re exposed. The perk also lights up red when your exposed strike is ready! Anymore ideas lmk
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

@DirtyNurseMain said:
    With Third Strike you gain a token for each successful hit on a HEALTHY survivor, every third token earned becomes an exposed strike. Every time a killer kicks a generator ( successfully regressing it ) the killer loses one token. Once the killer has dealt the exposed strike, the token count refreshes. 

After reading what the mod said, i see why it would be balanced, and it made me think there is no need to make the killer lose tokens for kicking generators. It seems unrelated to the perk and isn't necessary. Other than that the actual idea is amazing and well thought out man, it would really work in the game. One more thing though, how would it change as it levels up? Perhaps since the perk is slightly weak currently as you could just hit the already injured survivor, make it so at 3 tokens you have a 3%/6%/9% speed boost or something like that.

• DirtyNurseMain
    Options

@DirtyNurseMain said:

After reading what the mod said, i see why it would be balanced, and it made me think there is no need to make the killer lose tokens for kicking generators. It seems unrelated to the perk and isn't necessary. Other than that the actual idea is amazing and well thought out man, it would really work in the game. One more thing though, how would it change as it levels up? Perhaps since the perk is slightly weak currently as you could just hit the already injured survivor, make it so at 3 tokens you have a 3%/6%/9% speed boost or something like that.

I like the speed boost idea, and losing tokens for kicking gens is simply for balance, it’s a perk that gives the killer a choice. You can either stop gens and never get that exposed strike, or go full on “target acquired” mode. Also leaving survivors in the injured state, in order to make use of your exposed strike, applies enough pressure to the survivors. We’ll never really know until it’s tested in-game. 
  • DirtyNurseMain
    Options
    Thanks all of you for the feedback, I f*cking love this community and the devs. We’re all so connected 
  • DirtyNurseMain
    Options
    Was this thread always tagged “mod” I’m just now noticing
  • VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    Options

Good Perk Idea :D

• Hunter__
    Hunter__ Member Posts: 53
    Options

I like it. It should be considered. It's strong but not stupid powerful. Great idea
    @DirtyNurseMain

• ArcaneMantis
    ArcaneMantis Member Posts: 29
    Options

love this idea +1

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

I love that any somewhat decent killer perk HAS to be a hex. The amount of threads I've seen saying "Plz make BBQ and Chili a hex" or "MYC Is too OP... Make it a hex"

I main both killer and survivor and normally never say that. This just seems a bit OP to one hit down after three stacks with the amount of times you hit a survivor in a round

• DirtyNurseMain
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

I main both killer and survivor and normally never say that. This just seems a bit OP to one hit down after three stacks with the amount of times you hit a survivor in a round

The survivor has to be healthy, so that’s 3 fresh hits, then onto the next survivor. Also you cannot stop gens without losing tokens so I think it’s pretty balanced tbh.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

The survivor has to be healthy, so that’s 3 fresh hits, then onto the next survivor. Also you cannot stop gens without losing tokens so I think it’s pretty balanced tbh.
    Ruin kind of lessens the need to kick gens anyway, and I see where this perk can actually be stupidly amazing on something like wraith who can easily find people. Since it does build up through natural gameplay and hitting anyone healthy who body blocks I do see this as a slightly less powerful devour hope but in certain conditions be more powerful than devour hope. Removing the gen removing the token affect would be alright. It's not so practical to be a third strike on a fresh survivor though.
  • DirtyNurseMain
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

Ruin kind of lessens the need to kick gens anyway, and I see where this perk can actually be stupidly amazing on something like wraith who can easily find people. Since it does build up through natural gameplay and hitting anyone healthy who body blocks I do see this as a slightly less powerful devour hope but in certain conditions be more powerful than devour hope. Removing the gen removing the token affect would be alright. It's not so practical to be a third strike on a fresh survivor though.
    Not taking away tokens for kicking gens would kind of be op, the perk certainly is counterable and makes the killer play different
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

Not taking away tokens for kicking gens would kind of be op, the perk certainly is counterable and makes the killer play different
    Since you lose it upon third strike it isnt op. If it is held on then it would be op. With ruin in game, theres no incentive to kick gens while you have ruin anyway. The mechanic is you're already in a chase with an injured survivor when you have the third strike, so that means you have to lose time to hit someone healthy so survivors have time to recouperate. This perk doesn't seem op since it is at an awkward third hit. And they have to hit a healthy survivor to get a token.