As a new player, which is the best killer to play without perks/addons?

I started playing a bit more, and recently decided to play with killers. Thing is, I don't have any good perk to make good builds.

So, which killer is the best to play without perks and addons? I'm using the doctor now but sometimes I get bullied really hard.

Comments

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Howdy.

So, you probably shouldn't play without perks or add-ons ever as killer, at least at higher ranks.

I can give you some tips if you want.

A good killer for new players is Trapper, just to learn the basics

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Oof, idk.

Trapper & Wraith let you learn basic Killer stuff pretty easily.

Ones like Doctor, Huntress & Hillbilly are all about using their Power to their max.

And Nurse is on another level of that.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

I recommend every new killer start off with Leatherface. He's a great starter killer and you'll learn the basic fundamentals of the game such as looping and patrolling gens with him real quick. Grind out BBQ, and grind some more and funnel your points into Hag afterwards until you get the Ruin teachable. By that time, if you took my advice you should have a fair enough understanding of the game to choose what killer you want to play next, and best of all you'll have the best two meta perks Ruin/BBQ quickly available to that killer.

• sleepwalker
    sleepwalker Member Posts: 2

thank you all for the tips :)

I gotta say i'm not completely new to the game, I actually watch a lot of people playing (mostly Monto and Tru3Talent) and because of that I know some stuff. But my real weakness is just my lack of perks/addons, so that's why I asked. Leatherface seems like a good option to farm bloodpoints, I was using them on the Hag.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Doctor is good to farm Bloodpoints but he takes some skill to use effectively, once you get good enough start playing Doc and see the Bloodpoints rain on you ;)

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Trapper maybe, personally for me, Michael, Clown and Amanda Young are good perkless characters.

• Steamtastic_Vagabond
    Steamtastic_Vagabond Member Posts: 134

If you can get any level of Restraint on the Doctor, he becomes really powerful

• Mcfred
    Mcfred Member Posts: 152

Nurse

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Its funny, the best killer to play without addons or perks is nurse but there's no way a new player should run her.