Searching For Match PS4 (anyone else?)

So this isn't a Bug Report.. I just want to know if anyone else is having the same issue. In the past week or so I been having EXTREMELY long "Searching For Match" times. It's ridiculously long. So I'm wondering if it's my internet speed somehow gone down for some reason or if it's just an issue everyone is having? I haven't heard much about long match searching times so I'm thinking it may just be me? Let me know! I play on the PS4

Comments

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

It’s mostly everyone on PS4. I thought the Ash DLC would make people play more but apparently no one gives a #########.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,880

I'm on PS4 and have no trouble getting lobbies.

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270

Could be more people playing survivor then killer due to the new survivor? Just throwing the idea out there. I'm not playing currently due to bugs and sound issues.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2019
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I'm also on PS4. Solo surv. No problem getting lobbies.

• escape_plan
    escape_plan Member Posts: 104

solo is acceptable

swf is a mess... waiting waiting and waiting killer dodges the lobby, survivor dc during the beginning of trail

• xJayeSparkle
    xJayeSparkle Member Posts: 49

I don't do SWF.. I'm strictly a Solo Survivor and it takes me about 15min just to get into a lobby. I'm glad to know it's not just me though at least! @Khalednazari That is insane...

• killersRtoxicTrash
    killersRtoxicTrash Member Posts: 5

Takes forever

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    edited April 2019

Maybe more killers than usual are taking a break from dbd or playing survivor for some reason...

• Jamez666
    Jamez666 Member Posts: 26

Literally have been sitting in a queue for roughly 40min right now, 3 man SWF on PS4. I would take slightly laggy queues to just play the game. The system was fine when my friends and I all got the game for free with PS+, ever since the Xmas event it has been crap.

• Khalednazari
    edited April 2019

I would love to buy the new chapter and play, like others out there. But the matchmaking in this game is just dead on console. It's very saddening with what's happening. Moreover, no official comment or acknowledgement from the developers make it worse. Thank you, BHVR.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

they are busy working on the switch version of the game so hold on mate.

• xility
    xility Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2019

I imagine there is a shortage of killers due to them having no incentive to play; ranking is broken, match making is broken, MOM. DBD need killers yet I see them not get treated well by the devs. The devs need to understand that without killers the game is dead.

I use to play about 10 hours daily. Since all the problems I now play 30 min daily. I know a lot of others that have done the same.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited April 2019

I used to play 2-3 hours M-TH, 6 hours Friday, and 8-10 hours Saturday and Sunday. Now, maybe 5 hours a week? With MoM, I have stopped completely. There is no reason to play a game that removed an extremely divisive perk, only to bring in an even more divisive perk that stacks along with every other second chance perk. How many second chances does a survivor need?

There should be 1, and only 1 second chance, period. Once that second chance is used, all other second chances should be eliminated. If you think the matchmaking is bad now, see how many killers are playing in a couple weeks. Until MoM is completely removed, I’ll be playing fun games like Spider-Man, God of War, Colossus, Days Gone, Watchdogs 3, and The Last of Us 2. Yes, those last 2 games will most likely be out before the devs are able to extract their heads from their asses.

P.S. I almost forgot Horizon: Zero Dawn 2....OMG!

• xility
    xility Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2019

Yea bud, I'm looking forward to days gone! But DBD will have a double bp event by then for easter to counter it lol. So I will play for an extra 30 min then lol.

Totally agree about the one chance statement. I can handle many chances but its just not worth the time and stress just to depip anyways lmfao.

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

Old matchmaking suck so bad. Sometimes when waiting 5+ mins you may not realize but you are actually in a glitched lobby. I want the version where people got games quickly and ranks were all over the place, rank is irrelevant if nobody can play

• Khalednazari

Been talking to a lot of friends on PS4. They've given up too. It's a serious issue and a majority of the playerbase is affected. If the developers don't take notice of it now, it's not going to go well with the health of the game.

• Khalednazari

And this

• Khalednazari

And this one too.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

Getting lobbies instantly in the EU region with a 2 man swf.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536
    edited April 2019

In the last days I've waited 2 HOURS for ONE Game!!!!(ps4) I raged so hard because I only want to do my daily and then go to sleep.... geezzz

Edit: I was a Solo Surv ...

• escape_plan

any comments from the devs?

would be nice to know if the devs are aware of any problems or if its just like it is???

solo is acceptable, but worse than before

swf is frustrating, me and my friends stopped playing... you wait 2 hours for 2 maximum 3 games, ridiculous

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Try playing killer. If you have fast queues as killer, you can probably figure out what the problem is.

• Khalednazari
    edited April 2019
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Plague DLC didnt help either. Why? Because teh core of the game is completely broken right now, DCs every 2nd game, I mean whats the point?

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Playing Killer on PS4 is an INSTANT lobby, I only play SWF when I play survivor so loading into a lobby can take anywhere from 1 minute to never loading into one, which then we reload DBD or play KYF.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Having trouble finding Survivor loobys, due to Ash probably.

Absolutely no problem as Killer.

• escape_plan
    edited April 2019

playing solo right now and trying to find a lobby since 10min :-( awful...

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

...then when you do finally get a lobby you lose connection to the host for some reason. Seems like some hosts get impatient if survivors take too long to ready up...so they leave and cancel the lobby??

• PatBrutal
    PatBrutal Member Posts: 566

Hello everyone,

Just so you know we are aware of the matchmaking issues. This is something we are monitoring. Rest assure that we are sharing all your feedback with the Dev Team.

Sadly, I don't have any info, we will keep you posted when we have more details.

Thank you.

• Khalednazari

Thank you. Kindly keep us updated with the developments. We're eagerly waiting for the issue to resolve.

• xJayeSparkle
    xJayeSparkle Member Posts: 49
    edited April 2019