Nerf Billy

Options

Billys ability to quickly move across the map with absolutly no consequence at all just so he can one shot people before they even detect his terror radius when he curves around the corner after traveling a large distance across the map is beyond broken; he can destroy everyone the majority of the time in less than a few minutes, even when they don't mess up cause he has no penalty to having such powerful advantages. The only other killer that can do that is the Nurse and she has a self stun to ensure it's not broken like billys is, plus she can't one shot people like him. He is the only killer that is broken in terms of balance, it's ridiculous.

Comments

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

+1

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

He doesn't have any weaknesses that is not present in other killers already. I also stated that his only real "weakness" is if the players don't use him properly. Corners you said? Sure, if you have the luxury to run around them, but no one that I know of at high ranks try to chainsaw like that. Ask some Billy mains. I'm saying in those situations he still has the option to regular slug at them.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

No reason to change one of the most balanced killers. In good hands he is dangerous but not without counters.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    Options

They way I thought they can nerf is to make his insta down to require a certain range so you can't just hug the target and chainsaw. It is just stupid he can do that when thare is LF who does that too. Billy should be all about skill if u want to chainsaw and should be done from long range. And then he will become like the nurse - in good hands he is just way way way too good but in bad hands atleast hes gonna be doable like the baby nurses. Currently its just way to easy for good and bad players

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

I think Billy will be fine when his add ons are reworked, they said that his charge ups are getting nerfed I think so no more revving behind someone to down them.

I just hope for the sake of variety in this game they don't stop with nerfing Nurse and Hillbilly but they Buff the weaker killers. The game could be so much more fun if all killers where on the same level and could take on red ranks.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Billy is fine, maybe ask the devs to stop making perks like MoM that counters M1 killers first, so we get more killers variety and less billy/huntress/nurse

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

if you think about it (compared to legion). if he was released these days. his movement speed would be 110%. for me. that can be the perfect way to balance him. he'll still have the pressure and insta downs with his chainsaw. but he'll be slower.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Devs already said on stream, they know Billy needs to be nerfed, but there's too many players, and too many VOCAL/POPULAR players who play a lot of Billy, and nerfing him would damage their fragile egos when they can't 4k without fail every match on the 'most balanced killer.'

They want to nerf him, it'd just have too much backlash.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

If they really want to change Billy, they should remove QE first.

The thing that keeps most Billys wrecking, is the easy control scheme with QE. As long as you can skip the mechanical skill requirements with QE, Billy is gonna be the easymode noobstomper.

Just imagine you could turn on aim assist for Huntress. Pretty sure most killers couldnt play billy, if they had to play him as he was intended. QE invented a whole new generation of billys.

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    Options

Just give Billy a max travel distance with his sprint before he needs a cool down and recharge, then give add ons to increase the distance and lessen the cool down. Boom problem solved.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

Love how some people compare Hillbilly to Cannibal, when Hillbilly (in terms of the game at least) came out first.

Learn to go against him, play as him and see what people do to counter him. Insta-Saw Billy can be tedious I agree, but even those have counters.

• Weederick
    Options

On PC, rebinding turn left/right to Q/E.

When you press Q/E, it always steers the chainsaw the same way at maximum steering. You get the same curve and you can turn 180° instead of 90° in the first second for some reason. And you cant oversteer and lose control immediately after charging that way.

• Loit
    Loit Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2019
    Options

nt

Post edited by Loit on
  • Weederick
    Options

This is only true after the first second. During the first second, it behaves differently than it should, you can turn more than usual. I'm okay with QE'ing for comfort after the flick. You dont gain or lose anything.

But QE'ing during the first second is skipping his difficulty and even exceeding his intended limits. He's the current toptier killer, which you can choose to play on easy instead hard mode by using QE instead of mouse.

There is a comparison in Pyrus video: 1:25 - 1:42

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

The only change I would make to him,is slightly reducing his normal lunge.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Billy is nowhere as broken as you are trying to portray him here.

his map travel is significant and does provide you with the ability to inflict dying state uppon contact, however it comes with downsides aswell.

The Hillbilly will slow down tremendously (to 100% movement speed) while charging the chainsaw, will suffer a penality in his ability to controll his, very quick, dash and gets a stun whenever he gets in contact with any object.

the snipe you were talking about is also something that happens extremely rarely and can be easily prevented by the survivors, just as @Peanits said. Any Survivor with some awareness will be able to dodge the chainsaw attack when it comes from far away.

He can be very strong when you are cought out in an open field, however Billy will suffer just as much from loops as a wraith does, as he is forced to play the normal 115% movement speed M1 Killer playstyle on loop locations.

his great strength lies in his ability to quickly travel the map, as well as catch survivors in the open field with ease. this is why he is put in the #2 spot of the Killer ranking.

The Nurse, which you tried to portray as less strong than Billy, is far Superior in almost every way. She has a great map pressure and can easily catch Survivors, no matter where they are, as her ability allows her to easily ignore any defences the Survivors have.

You are clearly not the best at the game, but please try to improve instead of coming here and complain about things you shouldnt complain about. Thats what ruined Freddy in the past, so please try to avoid it.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Nerfing Billy are you insane billy is the most balanced killer in the game. Is everyone rank 15 here on consoles the killers are weaker Nurse included. On Pc it's easier to down someone but on consoles is not. Perk like shadowborn have less FoV on console.

Shadowborn

PS4 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77m39hxFUs

PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK9GLWdyCtQ

Now compare Nurse and billy on both platform you'll see that they are not op and easily counterable on consoles. Cooldown is also different on console.

Chainsaw cooldown without add-ons.

PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFLz7GFxW1I

PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeffYe6_Wvw

On rank 1 nurse against good survivors is cursed to lose especially on coldwind farm , crotus prenn and the temple of purgation.(Consoles only maybe).

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

You mean the add-ons that you need to spend BP in a RNG based bloodweb that you will by no means see every match that has a billy?

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

Well, since Heroiq goes as far as considering non-sustainable Ultra Rare Add-ons as counters to Mettle of Man, he is quite serious about it.

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400
    Options

another post of hiLlBiLlY nEeDs a nErF learn to play against him if u gonna run like elephants in open field then get ready to be chainsawed

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218
    Options

What they NEED to do is fix his broken hitboxes

• Vexon
    Vexon Member Posts: 70
    edited April 2019
    Options

his hitboxes are definitely broken, but other than that hillbilly is the most balanced killer in the game.

as for the OP, if youre dying within 10 seconds into a chase from the billy like you say, maybe learn how to loop properly and stop using urban evasion to hide behind a rock in the corner of the map or other deadzones. so sick and tired of these anti-billy threads. whenever you get a hillbilly game as survivor you should be cheering with joy because he is the most fun killer to play against, as well as the most fun to play, and the cutest killer FIGHT ME :}

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Saying Billy is more broken than Nurse OMEGALUL

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

If you're getting cross map sniped, your positioning sucks. If you can't loop Billy, you aren't running the loops correctly. 90% of the pallets in this game are safe for survivors. Stop vaulting when the killer is on the short side of the wall. If you get curved in a loop, the Billy played with skill and should be rewarded. That's what balance is.

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356
    Options

your first vod >>> console shadowborn is at tier 2

the second vod >> PC shadowborn is at tier 3

you're either kidding or you have no idea how perks work

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

He DO gets punished for using his insta down. He keeps you in full health state as long as he cant get you with a chainsaw.

• Slayer
    Options

You can turn more than usual with it yeah it definetely gives him ability to snipe survivors right?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

Nobody likes playing against the same killer five times in a row. If they nerf Hillbilly then there will be some variety at high ranks. But to compensate, killers need a general buff that can apply to all of them so they can all be viable.

• Weederick
    Options

It makes it a lot easier to turn a perfect, consistent curve with 150-200% of what should be possible.

With the mouse, you have to care not to break out, so you can only turn at 70-90% of whats possible, unless you risk losing control. Beeing unable to turn twice as much consistently wihtout effort. Yes that does make it a looot easier to snipe someone. Tried and tested and it felt like cheating to play T-walls and shack with it. You do yours though. I'm of the opinion, that you shouldnt be able to skip and improve a very hard technique by rebinding a button, which started off as an unintended glitch for billy.

• Slayer
    Options

I still dont think it change something would like to see it if you have some evidence. The only reason i use QE is because i dont want to increase mouse sensitivity to 100%. I was always playing with 70% as nurse before.

• zaozaoxx
    zaozaoxx Member Posts: 194
    Options

this repeat expose that you are a player on cloud, why hillbilly and nurse so intense? not only because their fatal power skills , but more is the shift ability of them makes them always are in the progressing of killing, the humans have no chance to breath for a while.

But other killers on foot are diffrent, maybe a long chasing is not worth, because there's no gen, or it's far away from the hooked people. On the contrast, Hillbilly and Nurse do not care that, they dont need to mind the scene's factor, just skill skill skill and kill kill kill, anywhere , any corner, no need to use their mind to planning.

so I guess it's time to give Hillbilly and Nurse's skill an charge system like Rin to nerf them

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    Options

That's how the game is supposed to be, they are supposed to pressure the survivors, they are supposed to make you feel helpless.

They are the "Power role" that's why it's 4 VS 1.

Right now the power role is survivor and that's wrong.

Nurse i agree needs toning down some but Billy? no all killers should be brought up to his level not him bringing down to theirs.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

Billy needs nerf as well as other mobility killers, theyre just too powerful against any survivor constellations. Cut their distance they can use their power by half. For billy you can although change the steering (good killers can still move around a tree, thats ridicouless).

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

I do wish that there was more variety in this game.. Im so tired of the same perks and same few killers.. We need a new meta badly

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    Options

@yeet - When the TEAM gets downed in the first minute of the match I am left picking up the pieces.

When it gets down to 1 vs 1, with 3 slugs crawling towards me crying "Save us JawsIsTheNextKiller", needing 5 gens with ruin, that's a little challenging to say the least!

But I don't mind too much. It's the lack of variety of killers at the top level that highlights the problem with HillBilly for me. Too many Hillybillies, not enough Clowns, Pigs, Freddies, Leatherfaces, Trappers, PS4 Nurses etc.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

He has a penalty, somewhere I heard that longer the chainsaw sprint, the longer the stun time when hitting an object

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    edited April 2019
    Options

then BUFF THOSE KILLERS and don't nerf billy

And especially don't add perks like MoM that ######### over those killers and not billy

nerfing billy won't make more people play those killers, it will just make people leave the game

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    Options

@yeet - Yes buffing the others is needed desperately.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

It's actually always better to buff things than nerfing. Hillbilly will receive an AddOn rework one day And current map design feels like it's less in favor of him. It's just not time to change much about him yet. Killers need buffs, reworks etc. Stuff adressed. Hillbilly is fine as he is right now, besides AddOns.

No, the stun is always the same.