The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Poll: Choose ONE change you want in DBD the most!

ShyDragon
ShyDragon Member Posts: 19
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

I know we want all of these changes in DBD, but I think maybe we ask to much. That's why I created this poll. Let's tell devs, what we, community, want in DBD the most!!

Please consider your answer. Think about it several times before voting. I think this poll can be helpful for BHVR, and I hope it can help them make best decision about this game in future.

Link: https://www.strawpoll.me/17749519 This is one-vote poll.

Post edited by ShyDragon on

Comments

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Making a poll with only one vote is kinda pointless, many issues are of the same urgency.

• Anzi130
    Anzi130 Member Posts: 51

I went with nerf genrush.. i feel its a major problem that killers have to rely on ruin in every game to even have a chance..

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

What about matchmaking?

• Duckodb12
    Duckodb12 Member Posts: 45

I’d like to see the ranks gone completely.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Frequent DCer must be punished.

Brand them, shame them, mentally break them if you have to, just make them pay.

You can either play the game or not play at all folks, pick one.

(I understand urgent DCs for when irl stuff goes down or unintentional DCs but the OMG it's factor or killer x that I dislike ,DC that need to be punished.)

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

Get rid of the Fog Whisperer Program.

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

Everyone thinks that nurse is fine? Seems legit.

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

I hope you realize that people that RAGE quit will still do it no matter what that penalty will be.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I voted Gen rush but I also think there should be harsher punishments for Dc'ing

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

Faster matchmaking should be on your poll.

• Nightsong
    Nightsong Member Posts: 14

can't even multi choice on that poll.

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

Hit boxes need fixing too

• ShyDragon
    edited April 2019

hitboxes,matchmaking,errors,infinite loading screen, lags, lobby waiting etc, I think all these are another kind of issue and I purposely haven't posted them in this poll. Only gameplay/mechanics/balance changes.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

You forgot to put in Nerf pallets on All maps....it's literally catering to survivors at this point, making killers to go Nurse / Hillbilly / Spirit. It's not fun and it needs to change.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Aside from a few maps I honestly don't think pallets are too big of a deal anymore. They used to be a huge problem but the changes they've made this last year really show.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Verconissp The number of pallets is fine...There are like...10 on a map...

• Verconissp

Not the way if you have terrible Rng on said map. and there's more than 10 pallets per map which is waaay more than it should offer..

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Buffing solo survivors.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Gen rush is not a thing, bad map pressure is. The killers that complain the most about gen rush are the killers that stay in low orbit of the hook, keep going back to check on it, instead of checking on generators.

Also killers that don't know how to not waste time. I had a clown search the area for me for like 60 seconds while I was doing a generator somewhere else, watching him. He had seen me, but I was long gone by the time he got there and started searching. In the post-game chat he complained we gen rushed him because we broke his Ruin early. Forgetting about all the time he wasted in that area, not chasing anyone, giving us 4 survivors plenty of time on generators.

• ClogWench

This is why killer mains get a bad rep, compared to what it used to be this really isn't a lot.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I would change the community. Get rid of all the toxic entitled people.

• Chi

Rework Nurse and Hillbilly addons. It shouldn't affect their strength too much if certain addons were nerfed because their basekit is great. 3 blink nurse should be at the very least very rare. And her omegablink addons should have an actual downside to them.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Verconissp Did you play back when almost every tile on a map had 2 pallets?

That was a lot of pallets. What we have now is nothing in comparison...

• ClogWench

Their add-ons should be ability changers instead of strengtheners. Hag is a good example of add-ons that fully modify how an ability works and changes that killers gameplay, which I think is a lot more interesting than add-ons that simply erase a weakness like Prayer Beads

• Verconissp

Yeah. but there are still too many Good pallets on said maps. strong loops around said maps that provided with said Rng makes it a stress job as a killer main. it amazes me that bhvr still caters to said rank 20s / Fog whisperers on dbd..

Blame bhvr for their proper imbalance to said dbd. They cater to survivors since 2.0 and it's stupid.

• ClogWench

I'm not denying there's an imbalance. But you gotta assess what's actually a problem and whats your own shortcomings. If you refuse to do that it shows and you're not gonna be taken seriously. The devs have been putting in work to close the gap between roles and while it's not perfect yet you still need to acknowledge the changes that have been made. Redirect your energy into a direction that matters, or you just come off as an "entitled killer main" to a lot of people. Not a term I agree with but that's how you'll be perceived regardless.

• Verconissp

There are killers that i find actual fun and decent but are useless to even try with because they're just "GGEZ GIT GUD TRASH KILLUR!" And honestly. this ain't a horror game. dbd is a rage-infueled game that needs to understand both sides instead of catering to just the rank 20s. they needa listen to the actual good survivors/killers of said game, Not just "OMG NERF DIS KILLER. HES OVERPOWERED AS HELL! WAAAAAAH!!!!" its how bad killer has gotten..

• ClogWench

Tbh with the changes they've made to balance, it's rank 20s that suffer the most. No idea where you're getting the idea that it's the other way around

• ClogWench

There's like a hundred threads talking about why that doesn't work. Tho it does need some rework tho

• Croquedead
    Croquedead Member Posts: 91

If you vote for « Rework Freddy » I hate you.

Fix genrush.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@jackmadrox What do you suppose would happen after you as a killer close the hatch? Would the survivor start working on gens? No. Would the survivor let you kill them? No. Would the survivor hide for as long as possible making the game last for excruciatingly long until you finally find them and realize what a stupid move it was to close the hatch? Yes.

• Mystaria13
    Mystaria13 Member Posts: 495

Um I really can't believe hit boxes wasn't a choice on this poll because that's my biggest issue with this game and chainsaw hit boxes are just insane! 🙄🙄

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

The sad thing I see from this is that everyone wants something first to be change before something, because they think fixing this is top priority, but its is only top priority for them.

Yes, DC'ers need more punishment

Yes Gen rushing need a slow down

Yes Legion needs a rework

Yes Hatch needs a rework

Yes hitboxes needs a fix

Yes SWF needs a work on it

But do all of you realizes that what most of what you want to be change or fix needs to be on hold? Because without waiting for dedicated servers to be implanted and PC/CONSOLE Optimization to be mostly do its work, most things you guys want to be done will take longer and will be more difficult on the devs.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@AssassinZodiac

1 DC every 3 games? I wish.

I've been playing all day on PS4 and I kid you not there is at least 1 DC every game. Except like every 5th game. Its insane. Someone gets hit, DCs. They get hooked first, DC. Myers or Legion? DC. Today has been hell. I accidentally hit someone I had just hooked when I was going for someone else and they DC'd. Its nuts and completely unfun.

• Chi

That would be cool, but I can't think of a way to do that on these two. What kind of ability change could be given to them that would remain somewhat true to the core of their power?

• Verconissp

Everything needs a rework.. I.E Trapper QoL. start with all traps. Amanda on rng traps. Clown's physic's. Like. the only balanced killers i've seen / played are Mikey (<3 waiting for shirtless mikey) And Spirit. both take skill and would destroy a team easily. the one thing i can say is Gen rushing needs to be fix...tis why 4 man swf is such op against said killer and you'll have complains about it all day.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Balancing in separate ways Solo and SWF would eventually fix a lot of the problems this game has, right now you cant nerf SWF without hurting Solo and you cant buff solo without buffing SWF too.

• ShyDragon

Ok, they have fixed pip/depip system, so from now the most important things to fix in DBD are "more frequent penalties for DC" and "nerf genrush".

BHVR- we count on you.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited April 2019

Fix the dc issue but also penalty those that leave also fix the issue about crashing the game and having 3 survivors later full rework addons on nurse and billy and also billy needs some type of debuff while using the chainsaw then make killer/survivor useless perks a buff or a rework (and yes theres alot survivors perks that are useless than killers make new maps like a new macmillan cooldwind etc if they do this not only the playerbase will increase but ppl will also enjoy the game

• Verconissp
    edited May 2019

Sorry fam but. bhvr said they won't touch Billy / Nurse so. all of us have to deal with what they have in their kit plus if they Did change their kit, then every killer main would lose their ######### about said changes..

Edit: although i do want some dc punishments...don't get me wrong here but, all of us hate dcers and we just want punishments. now if they crashed then it's not entirely their fault, but if it's like a forced dc than That should be punished altogether

• PatBrutal
    PatBrutal Member Posts: 566

Hello @ShyDragon

Are you going to share the results after? Because that would be great! I will definitely take a look at it :)

Thanks and have a great day.

• ShyDragon

But everyone can actually see the results, so I don't even need to share.

If you want to see the results, you need to click on this link:

https://www.strawpoll.me/17749519

and then go to : Results.