The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The huntress is bs.

i can understand the whole throwing axe thing. But it’s bs that that’s all she has to do. They should only be allowed to hit you with one and then have to stab you to finish. I’m playing currently and she just kept throwing them no matter how far away I ran. It seriously takes the fun out when all they have to do is spam throw and refill

Comments

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773
    edited April 2019

Get gooder

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

You just need to practice more.

Huntress also requires a lot of practice to get good with.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890
    edited April 2019

It takes skill to hit with the hatchets, especially from a distance. So if this Huntress was hitting you from great distances, then she was good. But Huntress and her hatches can be countered. You just need more practice facing her.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

You are clearly a new player, there is nothing to say but get better.

Huntress is a serious and powerful killer but survivors have many tools to fight against her. She is one of my favorite killers to go against along with hillbilly.

Good huntresses are difficult to deal with but still manageable.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

A poor thread got pushed to the second page because of this... 😢

Seriously, you just need to practice

• LostOne1245
    LostOne1245 Member Posts: 8

I’ve been playing since the game came out and she’s the only killer I have problems with. Infinite axes. It’s honestly annoying.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

You are correct, everyone else is wrong. Good thing you came to the forums to confirm your suspicions.

Good to know people are still willing to listen and open to different perspectives. Faith in humanity restored.

• LostOne1245
    edited April 2019

I’m allowed to have my own opinion. Just because I do doesn’t mean I’m a new player. I never said I didn’t need practice I’m just saying it’s kinda of a let down to be non stop throwing hatched

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

5 is infinite now? Who'da thunk

• LostOne1245

It’s infinite cause they can just open up a locker and get more.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Have you tried, oh I dunno? NOT running in a straight line?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@LostOne1245 Yes but that is one of Huntress's weaknesses.

That time is more than enough for you to go and hide as it breaks line of sight for the killer.

Besides, getting downed is not the end of the world. Survivors have 3 chances.

I am fairly certain huntress is a beatable killer and not overpowered.

• LostOne1245

Obviously I don’t run in a straight line. You guys are so quick to try and make me look like an idiot. I have common sense. This is probably why the game is underrated cause most of you are #########.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited April 2019

Try juking them?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

If she's mindlessly spaming her hatchets then she's going to lose. If she is consistently hitting you and downing you quickly then that means either

A: You are running in a straight line. You confirmed that this isn't the case.

Or

B: She is successfully and consistently predicting your juke attempts. This is an example of mindgames and is one of the biggest examples of skillful play in ANY PvP game and is simply being rewarded accordingly.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Let me guess your console, Xbox? Y or N

also you can dodge the hatchets

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

2 situations, if a Huntress is downing you often from 40+ meters you are either

1) versing a damn good Huntress predicting your movement

2) you are quite bad and your movement is to obvious

• Leadpaintchips
    Leadpaintchips Member Posts: 8

I think they assume these things about you is because if a huntress runs out of axes, she's boned. She has to break chase to refill axes which is more than enough time for a survivor to evade her. Without axes, she doesn't have anything because she's a 110% killer.

If you can't evade her axes while she's chucking them or can't lose her while she's refilling, that's kindof a problem on your end, because of the travel time and the windup on the axes taking forever even with the addons. If a survivor can evade her axes she becomes the weakest killer in the game.

• LostOne1245

I have it on PlayStation and Xbox and I’m getting it for switch

• LostOne1245

Thanks for the tips those of you that were helpful.

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

The biggest 2 bs are the hitboxes of hatchet which is a big ball and survivors which is a chamfered cylinder

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

T walls are really good for avoiding her at. And just remember that throwing down a pallet while her arm is raised is always a bad idea. Just move unpredictably and take sharp corners a lot

• LostOne1245

Alright I’ll test it on her next time she’s the killer

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

"aLl ThEy hAVe tO Do iS sPAm ThROw aNd REfilL" that is arguably the most idiotic statement I have ever read in this entire community. If the Huntress in question was spaming her hatchets then she should have lost the match but what really happened us that you got outplayed by a very good Huntress and now you want the devs to nerf a killer who is very map dependent and has enough weaknesses as is.

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

I think the hit boxes are just a little bit too big IMO, I've been hit behind cover a few times, you can see the hatchet clearly missing too

• FSB75
    edited April 2019

Shameless self promotion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j60Ufn2K1Y

Shot watch @ 1:45

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The hit boxes have always seemed a bit wonky to me. Whether that's due to lag or being actually messed up I can't say.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

In any case of dodging hatchets...

• FSB75

Sometimes people see something, and there is nothing anyone can say to prove differently.

When the Huntress first came out, I threw the most straight line on target ax ever...the survivor slide completely to the right about 4 (in game) feet (I'm talking 90 degree slide), dodged the ax, then slide 4 feet to the left to where they were.