The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Enough Is Enough! Let's Solve These Disconnects!

The game itself is one of its kind and i dont want to see Disconnects due to issues, or because the survivors "Don't like the killer". Disconnects, nothing to keep people from de-pipping, and such is going to kill this game. We as a community need to do what they did to "Anthem" And boycott the game until change is made. This is not a fun experience to waste Add-ons, Bloopoints, and time. To load into a lobby only to find that the survivors didn't load, or again disconnect cause they want to de-pip. The image below is how 6/10 of my games would happen or you would see disconnects to the players.

We need rank rewards to keep players from De-Pipping and a reason do actually try and play the game as hard as you can. We as a community need to help change this game so it doesnt turn out like the Big developers titles. On Tuesday April 9th, Don't log into game dont even look at it and leave the game. Change needs to happen or this game will not last long

Comments

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

I'm all for rank rewards but that is not going to stop people who don't want to play vs certain things.

I kill myself on hook against basement insidious leatherfaces because you are dead at this point yet I get complaints for it. Not saying he needs nerfing just saying I can't be bothered with that. It's pretty boring as well 🤣

They just need a casual mode which will weed out most of the trolls and DC's from rank. Then just make harsher punishments for DC's in ranked mode.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Good Luck

Have Fun

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited April 2019

Yeah let's just not play while the people who DC (likely not on here) continue. Theyll see no change and do nothing.

We need incremental queue ban timers on DC.

0 (assume first is accidental), 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, hour, 3 hour, 24 hour, 3 day, etc.

The DC trolls wont be able to keep it up AND play, theyll be unable to queue.

The ones who DC to power or net loss, and those with irl emergencies will be largely unaffected.

Power blinked? No prob. Second time? No prob 5mins. Waiting on power to come back anywayn 4 or 5 times? Doubting its legit. If it is, fix your power issue before playing again?

R6, LoL, Rocket League, and many others use this type of system. I see VERY few disconnects on them.

I feel it would be a good system to at the very least TRY.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

You do realize that the devs have purposefully reduced the DC pip penalty, right?

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

There are d/c during loading screen, d/c mid game and rage quits. Chances are they will fix one more cause of loading bug and wait weeks/months for rest.

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

Great idea, nobody can DC if nobody plays

• Yourmumlel360
    Yourmumlel360 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019

Like that's a pretty dumb idea and for what? Them to literally add the weakest safeguard to "prevent" quiting but in reality people will never stop leaving and the best you can do is learn to accept it, people have tried to walk in those exact footsteps gotten close and then shut down by the devs inability to comprehend considering anything other than killer and survivor patches. What would your boycott even do? You already played for the game and i am also assuming auric cells/ dlc and more people are always pouring in, listen good idea but the truth is it will probably never happen

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Boycotting doesn't work.

Example: Anthem is still garbage.

• Littlefabio
    Littlefabio Member Posts: 139

It just sucks for the other people left in the game including the killer, because now the killer has to make a decision does he let 3 people go and not get any Pips or any progression or does he kill all three people and then have people roasting othem because he's or she's a dick head because somebody disconnected. So it's a tough choice and it sucks for survivors because now it's harder for them to escape and they're guaranteed to not get a pip or get maybe a safety pit I have lost more Pips cuz of the disconnections so I'm not sure exactly what they can do I think ranking up is a little bit harder now I think it's a little bit too hard I think the old system was fine before I do also feel that playing as killer is still difficult at times but it can be the same for survivors because you don't know who you're getting your match unless you're playing with survive with friends. I honestly feel the game felt best mid chapter patch for the Clown dlc.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

I see you forgot to mention all the killers who disconnect because survivors are gen rushing, flashlight saving, cleansing Noed or Devour Hope, and depending how early the disconnect is can force survivors to take a depip. Also, would love to see killers and survivors have a much longer delay for dodging lobbies which I either assume for a killer that they just lost to me or are wrongly assuming that I'm in a SWF lobby.

• marching_hyena
    marching_hyena Member Posts: 21

why dont they just remove the option to DC from the pause menu altogether? i dont see the point of it being there if someone can risk punishment for simply using it.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

They should really add a disclaimer like most games.

"Leaving a game imbalances the match and will cost your teammates. You may be banned if continually disconnecting mid game. Are you sure?"

Well , games that PUNISH DC anyway.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

I agree. It's really dumb that exists. If you have a good SWF or a tunneling killer, you should just have to take what you get.

• mills_400
    mills_400 Member Posts: 1

I've disconnected from quite a few games, mainly because the host's connection has been rubbish and my survivor has been hopping all around the screen due to lag. Or the L1 prompt doesnt show etc. So until the summer when they launch their independant servers to nerf host lag, a disconnect shouldnt be punishable at this point in time.