What is the ######### point in going against a 4 man SWF?

Andreyu44
Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Just so you can get genrushed and looped to death?

When you are going to realize that survivors are NOT the problem,but SWF is?

No survivor nerf will be enough if you dont add a secondary objective,each nerf is just gonna make a solo survivor experience even worse.(wich is already HELL due to DCs)

Comments

• Andreyu44

Well that was a nice argument, I now know that I have to break the rules of reality and not let my teammates DC, and be able to teleport anywhere on the map! Thanks for your advice ^^

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

i had this idea in a while now. it can be a great secondary objective.

in every map. there should be a locked generator. and to be able to unlock and repair it. you need to do an action (for example searching the whole map for a curse by the entity or something to cleanse. would take around 10 seconds. the longer the match goes. the longer it would require to cleanse. up to 60 seconds. and interrupting the action would restart it from the start. same as totems. and the killer gets a notification once a survivor starts working on it.). this would waste a bit of time. and if survivors ignored it. they would face a big problem at the end game. 2 gens. 1 gen locked.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@Heroiq Sounds really interesting.

I would add, it should lock 3 gens, because if it only locks 1, you could bypass it always anyway.

Once the "curse" is cleansed, all 3 locked gens are now unlocked.

Perhaps resetting cleanse progress is OP, maybe it can accept input from several survivors, but starts on 30 seconds and increases all the way to 60 secs as the match progresses.

Basically it would be an extra mandatory gen, when it's done with toolboxes, prove thyself and at least 2 survs.

• Heroiq

@Condorloco_26 nice idea. but reducing the gens to 2 instead of 3 would be a bit more balanced. because if a killer just AFK'd on that " curse ". he would be able to hold all the survivors as a hostage. which can be abused. even if it was able to be cleansed by more than one guy. just a leatherface facecamping it can also hold it as a hostage

• Condorloco_26

@Heroiq Good point. That's why there will be 2 possible cleansing spots for the curse, making it impossible for the killer to camp it. I still think it should lock all 3 gens, but here's a starting point for the whole idea.

• Heroiq

yep. cleansing the first one opens the furthest gen from the other " curse ". and cleansing the second one opens the 2 other gens. pretty nice. i would like to see a discussion about it

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Coriander those solos will let people die to rush gens!😂

Honestly a 4-man swf isn’t that bad and they’re usually over altruistic.

• Condorloco_26

@Heroiq Me too. But really, I think the devs have just too much going on right now to even think about it at this moment. It is what it is.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Yeah we've all been there, hanging on a hook, watching three people at opposite corners of the map, each assuming someone else is going for the save. Then you enter Struggle =/

I'd help my friends, too! You know a SWF is going to be swarming for saves, unless one is confident they can make it. But a lot of SWF are just peeps hanging out together, they're not gods at the game just playing with people they know. The comms help, certainly, but a lot of them do it just to have fun.

I see a lot of solo players are really good, and they don't go for saves much either, since they won't want to risk a death on some rando who died in ~10seconds like I do. It's more fun if you pretend you're in there to die, so that the killer doesn't get abused by the Entity. At least I'm helping someone out. (I kid, I make saves all the time and sacrifice for teammates, but I have trouble when pallets are scarce near end-game and don't know what to do).

• Condorloco_26

@TreemanXD Yeah, and they're usually overloaded with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances too.

LOL

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

You can genrush and loop as 4 randoms.

What's your point?

The point to play is to do your best and learn how to improve.

Not a hard concept especially since 4 man SWF is what, less than 10% of games?

• Carpemortum

My my whole response, hon.

"The point is to play your best and learn how to improve."

Nice comeback though.

<3

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

The point is that four friends decided to play a videogame together while they talk, something the game couldn't bring for solo players as any other multiplayer coop game

• SurgDexil
    SurgDexil Member Posts: 157

The bad word is Genless game. Because playing against swf is like having no gens to protect for how fast they get done.

• SurgDexil
    SurgDexil Member Posts: 157

Killers should at least be aware that is a r man swf, so they can dodge them and move on. Like a lable.

• Carpemortum
    edited April 2019

Nobody should dodge. Are you afraid to play a challenging game?

Theyre not that common.

Plus if theyre "the worst/hardest to beat" and you dont ever play them you'll never be more than mediocre at best.

Even if you CANT beat them, your gameplay will get better.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

I personally when I talk about "second objective" I mean a mandatory and objectives likes totems I call them "optional objective"

Am I calling them wrong? Cuz then I did all the time lol

• Condorloco_26

English is not my native language, so I guess we should go to the dictionary to have a definitive answer.

• Andreyu44
    edited April 2019

You cant improve if the game ends in 2 minutes.

Like I ironically said earlier,I cant break the rules of reality and go thorough walls to stop looping or be able to teleport anywhere on the map. (Please,dont say "play nurse 1!1!1")

@Carpemortum

• Andreyu44

Let me ask you...

Is it challenging going against 4 cheaters? Because,let me tell you, going against an optimal 4 men swf is kinda like that.

"Learn to improve" doesnt make any sense for that reason.

@Carpemortum

• Andreyu44

You asked "whats your point" and I amswered,thats it.

Not my fault if you cant organize YOUR points ;)

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited April 2019

The thrill of the challenge. The rush of killing them all or at least giving them one hell of a fight.

• Carpemortum
    edited April 2019

@Andreyu44 yet it took you 3 responses and a lack of tagging me when you tried to get snippy.

You asked what the point of playing was. I told you.

You refuse to hear logic. Even with 4 man swf the game doesnt end in 2 minutes. And even if it does, THAT'S A CHANCE TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME BY LEARNING HOW TO SLOW IT DOWN.

The fact that you also said 4 Cheaters, when in fact the sweaty swf teams are so rare its not funny, leads me to believe you're just really one sided about this and want to spout your thoughts but not accept any opposing opinion.

If you cant handle a loss, regardless of circumstances and then wanna say "it's too hard", maybe you should play some single player games. You can't win every game. But tapping out because you dont think you have a chance is childish.

But yeah, my points (the one or two I even have) are ALL over the place.

Heres a short version of my answer to your post.

"What's the point in playing a 4 man swf?"

"To take what is dealt and do your best. Aka not quit before it starts."

So when you have a valid, not multi posting with pieces of responses, actual response, I'll be back to talk it out. If it ever happens.

<3

• Andreyu44

@Carpemortum

Some games are not "too hard" some are simply impossible. And its not childish at all telling the truth,buddy.

And because I answered you in 3 different posts means...?

*yahwn* Im tired of your nonsense,bye.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Devour Hope Myers with Monitor and Abuse and Thanatophobia. Nurse's Calling if you will. Any build with good location, make sure your Hex stays up, run a Mori just in case, put Dead Rabbit on, you'll be a 115% killer with a 4 meter terror radius and a one shot kill and Mori.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

I dont care if im against swf or solo survivors, i play for fun. You are not supposed to get a 4k every game. Go ahead and have fun, u get tbagged at the exit? Who cares, they are just kids

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,164

People will say improve, take it as a challenge. I do want to improve, and sometimes, sure, I want a greater challenge. Key word is sometimes. Most of the time I just want to play a fun, balanced game. I don't want to play a game where I feel like the deck is stacked against me from the start and my choice of killer can pretty much decide the game. Maybe I'd feel differently if there was a greater reward associated with playing against SWF, but most of the time I just feel frustrated and powerless agains the optimal ones.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

You get better at it. 99% of SWF is not super hit squads. They are not impossible to beat. I main Trapper as a color blind killer who can't see scratches or blood on most maps, but I regularly get 3-4k on SWFs. I hang mostly in the purple and green ranks. (Try the red ranks while only being able to hunt by movement or silhouette. )

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354
    edited April 2019

I like the good old NOED. By the time they've gen rushed you down and you get one on the hook - the others will all come out of hiding like rats for you to 1 tap. It never gets old.

The more competent groups are frustrating, you could try running Thana over Ruin to prevent the inevitable pop of the Hex totem. Run Nurse's to spot the healers, whilst playing the top tier killers will make life easier if you're comfortable playing them too (Nurse, Billy, Spirit).

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Why doesn't anyone ever "take what is dealt" and "think of it as a challenge" when the they are paired up with three random potatoes? It's always, "welp, straight to SWF!"

• Carpemortum

I do. I'll get games with 3 potato swf, I'll do 4 gens, get hooked and die there because they wanted to goof around and click/tbag.

But then I go to the next game and it doesnt matter anymore.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Tzeentchling9 Uhm, anyone?

There are plenty of survivors who don't play SWF at all. That's just mindset and some people have it, and the others don't.

• Jamez666
    Jamez666 Member Posts: 26

*What's the point in playing Dead By Daylight?

I fixed your question.

Seriously though, I do mainly play SWF just because we usually play everything together, and surprise. This game is fun as hell, more so with friends. Outside of the level 1/low rank killers that we end up getting from time to time, our only problem we ever face is trying to save everyone whether the killer camps or tunnels. "Just do gens and get out" never really comes up

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited April 2019

losing to swfs wouldnt hurt anywhere near as badly if you didnt lose your addons in the process.

Like great, I got to use those two purples for a whole six minutes, and didn't even make back the BP i spent on them assuming i didn't have to get lucky to encounter them in the bloodweb in the first place.

I will always find losses as survivor less stressful simply because I don't use items, so there is zero actual consequence. You just move on to the next game.