Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are all killers such a joke compared to Hillbilly?

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

(except for Nurse, of course.)

Like seriously... Everytime I play Hillbilly I realize just how weak all the other killers are. His anti loop is one of the best in the game if you can chainsaw flick, his map pressure is crazy, his instadown is actually instant unlike those of weak killers (Plague). Just why are all killers such a joke compared to Hillbilly?

Comments

• zaozaoxx
    zaozaoxx Member Posts: 194

actually u r just an ideologist, I've play walking killers for more that 1200hours, if humans all skillful, 4 runs or 3 runs absollutely . but easy for nurse with only 30hours. I can do 4 kills every round except for particular maps. so nurse is a good killer or bad?

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
  • zaozaoxx
    zaozaoxx Member Posts: 194

just to prove that Hillbilly is strong and others are weak😊

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
  • Yamaoka

True. These two make you actually feel like a true killer as well but still. Hillbilly makes me feel like there's no way I could ever possibly lose. You just zoom across the map and even if you bump into every wall like a drunk dude you still down people even by accident haha

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163

Both are very strategic killers and are hit or miss. Billy isn’t.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Pretty much this, that speed and easy map pressure though. Switching from a Mikey main to billy for a few matches was certainly an experience. I usually have an instadown but billy has that AND speed with no delays. But I've seen a lot of really good freddy, clown or pig players at high ranks, I don't think it makes those killers a joke, just an increased difficulty to play/master?

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204
    edited April 2019

Well a very well played Huntress can match billy and even be better. It also depends on the map, and the map rng

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Because the other killers are "fun"...

Although I dont see the fun in getting bullied tbh...

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Spirit is way better than Billy, and Hag is basically the same, her map pressure is just as off the charts insane as his. Only difference is, she chases slightly better than Billy and her ability is to spread pain, whereas Billy can just instadown people right there. Hag is comparable because while she can't instadown them, she can injure them when they're across the map from each other, and down at least 1. They're basically equal.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Hillbilly is probably the best Killer against bad Survivors that lack awareness.

Spirit, Nurse and arguably Huntress/Hag are much stronger against competent Survivors as they can stop loopers regardless of their skill. A Hillbilly is very predictable, if you get hit by a chainsaw flick during the loop you're simply really bad at looping. It requires skill for the Billy player to flick around loops but it doesn't take nearly as much skill to just juke the chainsaw with a one-eighty. How are you going to juke a Spirit, Nurse, Huntress or Hag? It's always a mindgame while Billy is straight forward, quite literally.

• Poweas
    edited April 2019

That's true, I recently had a Billy game against competent survivors, and I got crushed. If the survivors are good, Billy is just as good as Leatherface. They'll never let you use your saw.

@PiiFree

• Yamaoka

Are there any "god spirit" players who don't just use her strongest addons to grab survivors at gens but actually use her ability to end chases quickly? Would like to watch some footage of a god spirit to compare the chases to a chainsaw-flicking Billy.

• Yamaoka

I don't know... Huntress was the first killer I mained when I got the game (over 1 year ago). I remember I would get tons of crazy shots but people would still gen rush me easily because it takes so long to cross the map and if you check on the wrong generator you've basically lost so much time you might as well give up against survivors who bring fast toolboxes.

Most of the time survivors can counter her hatchets by crouching behind objects and she loses so much speed while winding up, holding, throwing and recovering from the throw, too.

Also I remember fully charged hatchets would often go right through survivors without connecting robbing you of successful hits.

I fail to see how she as strong as Billy but I guess she's way more efficient on PC.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I have been planning on teaching people how to play legion for a while now, I think the time is now

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

If Hillbilly was released today he would be a 110% speed killer. There would be a killer outrage if they nerfed him or his best addons now but if they were brave enough to do so it would be much easier to raise the bar of all killers at the same time.

Red rank players shouldn't have to play Hillbilly every game.

• Thunk
    Thunk Member Posts: 35

Be based and camp with Bubba

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396

You should try Amanda for a month

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Just realized something.

If devs want to keep it a surprise for Survivors who they'll face, isn't that the perfect reason to buff more Killers so the high ranks won't be filled with just 3-4-5 Killers?

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Because the Devs actively chose to not make other killers viable.

Honestly, It's a such a waste of Killers. You'd think they'd want high ranks filled with a variety of killers to keep people interested in the game but no, Not only do you have to do the same tasks over and over you have to face the same few killers majority of the time which just gets stale.

• Poweas

I have no gameplay unfortunately but I've faced a few who end chases in literally seconds. So goddamn terrifying. Anyway, you're right with not enough Spirits using their power for chasing. Tryhard beads is so meta, but I never touch it when I play Spirit. I should, but no. I'd rather get crushed then get a free win.

I've faced a chainsaw flicking Billy, but they're not as good as even a good Spirit. Tru3 is a good Spirit, not a god Spirit but a good one. And he ends chases fast af. I'd recommend watching him. He opened my eyes to Spirits potential and I was like 'wuhhhhhhhhhh?'.

To conclude, Billy isn't as strong as Spirit @Yamaoka and please @ me if you quote me or I won't get it.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Other are not (too) weak, Hillbilly is just OP.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Whats with these lies about HB having longer lunges or no cooldown?

He's a 115% killer, so his lunge is exactly the same AS EVERY OTHER 115% koller.

The biggest bullshit is the lie about him having no cooldown. Similiar to nurse, after hitting or missing with his chainsaw, he cannot do any survivor interactions. Not attack, no chainsaw, no grabs or picking up. Thats a cooldown or even a self-disable.

Compared to spirit who has NO cooldown but is restricted by a stupid stamina/fuel system. I think if she uses her ability for only 1 second and then attacks (i know, stupid example) she could use her ability right after the weapon wipe.