So did they just give up on the auric cell raffle?

i mean, did they? it hasnt been updated in 5 days...

Comments

• FastRunnyMan
    FastRunnyMan Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2018

I'm curious about this as well.

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    they don't work weekends and this is a holiday in Canada.  so they really only missed posting it on Friday 
  • Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

they are probably doing something soo it's more fair for the rest of the community instead of handing out to bots

because sincerely they need to do something to fix this anniversary...it's been a mess

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited July 2018

@Thatbrownmonster said:
    they are probably doing something soo it's more fair for the rest of the community instead of handing out to bots

because sincerely they need to do something to fix this anniversary...it's been a mess

Personally I doubt they are bots. However I can't imagine any other way BHVR can do a giveaway.

If they make the giveaway only eligible to those who have let's say 10 post then you're going to see a lot of users making post just to increase their post count. If you make it based on karma that has potential to be have a number of side effects like having groups make accounts just to give each other karma constantly. I get that it sucks that some users who do contribute quite frequently aren't winning over someone who just made an account specifically for the giveaway but I'd rather it be this way than there be some arbitrary requirement other than being a member that has a negative impact on the forums.

However for future giveaways I wouldn't be against being required to link your forum account to your steam account as a way to prove you own Dead by Daylight. That way there's no arbitrary requirement on the forums and you know they at least would have purchased DBD at some point for that specific account. Although if that route is taken I'd like the option to have it so that only moderators can see your steam account.

edit - Forgot about consoles my bad.

Post edited by Dustin on
  • Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252

That's how you play the game of thrones. You win or you die

Okay, i will go now XD
  • Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

@Dustin said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

Personally I doubt they are bots. However I can't imagine any other way BHVR can do a giveaway.

If they make the giveaway only eligible to those who have let's say 10 post then you're going to see a lot of users making post just to increase their post count. If you make it based on karma that has potential to be have a number of side effects like having groups make accounts just to give each other karma constantly. I get that it sucks that some users who do contribute quite frequently aren't winning over someone who just made an account specifically for the giveaway but I'd rather it be this way than there be some arbitrary requirement other than being a member that has a negative impact on the forums.

However for future giveaways I wouldn't be against being required to link your forum account to your steam account as a way to prove you own Dead by Daylight. That way there's no arbitrary requirement on the forums and you know they at least would have purchased DBD at some point for that specific account. Although if that route is taken I'd like the option to have it so that only moderators can see your steam account.

link steam account
    must have a certain login number
    must have login recently

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@Thatbrownmonster said:

@Dustin said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

link steam account
    must have a certain login number
    must have login recently

Great, I don't play on Steam....

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited July 2018

@Shipthebread said:
    Great, I don't play on Steam....

You make a great point. Admittedly while I forgot about console as I don't play on them that's kind of shows there isn't many options available for a giveaway that's fair to everyone.

For console owners is there a way to link your ID Tag to third party services at all to show stats out of curiosity?