The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A Quiet Place: DLC Chapter

Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

Killer: The Alien

Special Ability: Listen

The Alien can switch between two stances: The hunting stance  and the listening stance. The Alien starts off in the hunting stance.

Hunting Stance: The Alien moves at 120% speed, and FOV is decreased by 8.

Listening Stance: The Alien moves at 100% speed. FOV is increased by 16. While in this stance, all noises are 50% louder. Survivors within your terror radius have their aura revealed when running, repairing and sabotaging.

Perks

Predator’s Instinct: Unlocks potential in one’s aura reading abilities. Survivor Auras stay visible for 2, 3 and 5 seconds longer.

Apex Hunter: Nothing can get between you and your prey. For every palette you break, you gain a stackable 5% action speed bonus for 30, 45 and 60 seconds. Downing a survivor will reset the perk’s effects.

Destructive Habits: Your powerful limbs can cause permanent damage to strong structures. Whenever you damage a generator, repair speed on it is decreased by 6%, 12% and 15% for 30, 60 and 90 seconds. At tier 3, generator regression is increased by 5%

Survivor: Lee Abbott

Perks:

Louder Noise: When an audio warning is triggered with 18, 24 and 32 meters of you, any action you perform that would produce an audio warning will create no noise for 5 seconds. This has a cooldown of 30, 20 and 15 seconds.

Paternal Instinct: For every dying, injured or hooked survivor, you gain a stackable 10%, 13% and 16% increase to altruistic action speed.

Trial and Error: For every repair skill check you fail, you gain a token, up to a maximum of 5 tokens. Each token provides a 2%/3%/4% boost to repair speed. At tier 3, tokens reduce generator regression by 1%. Succeeding on a skill check will consume a token.

Comments

• TMoser
    TMoser Member Posts: 17

Sounds kinda cool and kinda like the idea of less human killers personally would like to see a werewolf or something in the game,But is this based on the Copyrighted movie of the same name? or am I mistaken?

• Chordyceps

Thank you! Yes, it is based off of the movie A Quiet Place. I wanted to try and see how well I could adapt an already established horror IP into this game.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I. Like this. The perks are all at least decent except maybe Predator Instinct. Maybe lower the Hunting Stance's movement speed to 115% for balance reasons.

I wish we could get non humanoid killers in Dead by Daylight, maybe in the future

• Chordyceps

Thanks for the feeback! Do you think predator's instinct could stand for a buff, like say 4/6/8 seconds instead?

• LCGaster

I mean, this perk would be awesome if used along BBQ, maybe a bit too strong.

Maybe it could change the distance at which auras are shown by a few meters, I believe there is a perk like this for survivors, I don't know about killers. So with BBQ survivors will need to be closer to you and with Nurse's they will need to go further away to not be seen.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

All very good ideas! I'd like to see how the Killer's power would work in practice but it all sounds very good in theory. +1

• Chordyceps

There don't seem to be any killer perks that extend the range on aura reading abilities. I agree that could make for a good addition, while still being pretty accurate to the source material.

• LCGaster

I thought about my version because survivors have a perk that does the same, so it's only fair for killers to have something similar to it.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

His hunting stance should be at 115%. The difference between a 110% killer and 115% is quite noticeable so imagine a 120% killer. You also need to clarify his terror radius.

I really want a non human killer. I think most people's chapters (including my own) have wrote about a non human killer because we all want to see it.

Predators Instinct: Is good but only with aura reading perks. By itself it is really bad.

Apex Hunter is a bit weak. Action speed to me doesn't include movement speed and I don't think it should. There isn't enough pallets on the map for this to work. You should have it lose one stack every down to make it last longer.

Destructive Habits would be too strong if it could stack. I also think it should only affect one gen at a time. I like the idea but I just think it could be too strong.

Louder Noise: I like this, could confuse the killer during chases.

Paternal Instinct: I think it would work well in healing builds. Without healing builds people would probably run botany knowledge over it.

Trial And Error: At max it would be 20% so I wonder if I gen tapped at max would it be just as fast as normal working on the gen. I like the idea of lowering regression on missed skill checks but I'm unsure if this is strong or weak.

Hope I gave you good feedback mate. Very good chapter I really liked it, especially the ability.