The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

2.6.4 is an awesome patch.

A very minor tweak to the pipping system, but overall it feels far fairer than it did pre-patch. Also fixed some really obnoxious bugs, which is nice.

I actually really like seeing the minor patches that come out, especially when they make tweaks to features that people have had issues with. Like in this case, something that is effectively an incredibly small change can have a massive impact on a players experience. I hope we get to see minor alterations like this more often in the future.

Comments

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

Matchmaking is still broken as #########.

Getting a campy rank 2 Nurse main at rank 10 is not exactly fun.

• xility
    xility Member Posts: 45

Lol a camping nurse. The player using her must be nuts.

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100

This is a thread about the pipping system and the recent patch that altered that system. This thread has nothing to do with the matchmaking and I personally have no issues with the matchmaking.

Not all feedback has to involve negativity. If you want to complain about matchmaking, go find a more relevant thread.

• GraviteaUK
    edited April 2019

Im sorry but where in the title did you put Patch 2.6.4 pipping is awesome? you didn't.

You simply stated THE PATCH IS AWESOME which is fine but that also encompass everything.

You even set your own precedence by talking about bug fixes not related to the pipping system.

So next time instead of trying to be clever by white kniting BVHR and going "This thread has no negativity reeee safe space please"

Try adding context.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@SamuraiPipotchi - I was worried they would revert the much better pipping system to the "everyone deserves to be rank 1" system before it. They made the right choice. Survivors needed a bit of help because you shouldn't be dipipping for running a killer around 5 gens. A little tweak here and there is all that is required.

Make pipping difficult but fair.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    edited April 2019

Matchmaking wasnt part of that patch, so why complaining here? Even though they cant match redrank survivors with redrank killer, while there arent any redrank survivors. So it was an indirect patch for matchmaking cause now the survs can rank up towards redranks. So stop complaining at once.

• GraviteaUK
    edited April 2019

2.6.4 is a sub patch.

Matchmaking was changed in 2.6.0, was a failure and is still busted so by extension until the next "Major" content patch it's all relative to this patch. :P

But yes maam i will stop i believe i made my point XD

• SamuraiPipotchi

The "context" you are looking for, regarding pipping, is literally in the first sentence of the thread.

The 2.6.4 patch did not directly alter matchmaking. Even in the topic encompassing everything about the patch, matchmaking would still not be encompassed within the topic/patch. The bug fixes I referred to however, ARE encompassed in the patch.

As for your "white knight" claim, I dislike safe spaces. I think negativity is necessary in logical discussion. However your unwarranted pessimism had no relevancy to the topic of the discussion, which is illogical, unappreciated and against community guidelines.

Addition: Whether 2.6.4 is a sub patch or a major patch is a moot point as it is the focus of this thread regardless of its size. If you wish to talk about the 2.6.0 patch or the 2.6 series of patches in general, please feel free to start your own thread.

• GraviteaUK
    edited April 2019

Could you kindly point to which guideline i broke?

Also you ignored the part i wrote about you setting your own precedence but have fun with your white knighting sir! in all seriousness have a good one :)

• SamuraiPipotchi

"This is a thread about the pipping system and the recent patch that altered that system."

"The 2.6.4 patch did not directly alter matchmaking. Even in the topic encompassing everything about the patch, matchmaking would still not be encompassed within the topic/patch. The bug fixes I referred to however, ARE encompassed in the patch."

I did address your comment about setting a precedence. You simply overlooked multiple paragraphs of text. The bug fixes are a part of the 2.6.4 patch and this is a thread about the 2.6.4 patch as a whole, not just the pipping aspect. Matchmaking however, was not a part of the 2.6.4 patch and thus is not relevant to this discussion.

As for the guidelines, they state:

• Please follow the topic of discussion you are participating in. Derailing the discussion will result in closing and offenders might be warned.

It's quite clear that you are more interested in arguing than you are in following the intended topic of discussion.