punish disconnects

Pudding
Pudding Member Posts: 70

and i mean actually punish them. not like... "oh now you lose 2pips" no one cares about these ..

im getting tilted by every round being a 2 or 3 v1 just because someone doesnt know wether he wants to play or not.

actually punish them.. please.

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

They have a system that punishes players who DC too often with bans. There’s room for improvement towards the system, but as of now, it’s still a WIP.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@Pudding Unfortunately, the only punishment is a ban that is based on a threshold of disconnects vs total games played within a certain amount of time. We don't know the actual numbers, and Behavior naturally doesn't want to reveal them so people can game the system.

They do plan to implement a harsher punishment system down the line, but stated that it can't happen until after dedicated servers, which will allow them to monitor things more closely.

So, this is what we're stuck with until some point after dedicated servers go live. Which could be as far away as end of summer just for the servers to go live.

• Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70

doesnt rly seem to work... as we see

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@Pudding I completely and whole-heartedly agree with you. It's just what we're stuck with until probably late 2019, per Behavior.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Chaotic_Riddle As far as I know, players who dc too often don't get banned automatically. The devs still have to manually ban them, which they do in "ban waves".

• PortalMistress
    PortalMistress Member Posts: 15

Would be nice to not lose pips because a Killer DC's. Why do the survivors need to be punished for the action of the player who decided to rage quit because the match wasn't going the way he wanted?

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

I honestly don't thinks dcs should be bannable or punished. So what they dc.....Who cares. No one is entitled.