Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should I get Legion?

Kim
Kim Member Posts: 76

I’ve been thinking that i might just get Legion, I don’t really know why I just kinda want to play them because it seems fun! But is it worth the 5$?

Comments

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

How many shards you got?

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Legion is pretty nice to play, if you don't mind 110% and the occasional salt you might get.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Yes.

That is all.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Personally, I enjoy vaulting stuff really fast and stabbing multiple survivors multiple times. However, the Legion is very weak if survivors know what they're doing.

• LCGaster

Ok, so, if you manage to get 9000 you won't need to spend a dime on them.

Or if you don't play all that much and have money to spend then yeah, $5 is not that much

• Shad03

@artist For who though? For you, sure that's your opinion.

I'm not doing this for argument, and I already know your stance on the Legion and I respect that.

But some people might find the shards or money worth it on using it on Legion.

• LCGaster

@Shad03

Yeah, once I'm online I will buy them

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Every Killer is OP in the hands of those who know how to use them, personally? Yeah, get them. Fun to play in my opinion and not too hard to counter, their Discordance perk is good on all killers. helps stop gen rush and helps you locate survivors.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

cool. I only stated what I thought towards the question of the post

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited April 2019

Legion is a lot of fun. Probably my favorite killer right now. Be prepared to receive a lot of abuse when playing him. I get t-bagged and a lot of hate messages. 😂😥

• Shad03

@artist I know, and I shall say nothing more on that topic. Good day to you (also The Legion has some worthwhile perks, if that means anything anymore.)

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Farm shards and get it with that. Imo not worth real money till they reworked him to something better. After that you can still support with money by buying cosmetics if they have done the rework well.

Only good part about Legion is probably that no normal survivor will attempt to bully you with T bagging etc cuz once you got them on your scope they won't win the chase (especially not with Frank's mixtape).

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Yes because legion is powerful in the right hands

• ricardo
    ricardo Member Posts: 53

Dont waste your shards, legion is unplayable because %90 of survivors dc instantly against legion

• nunadventures
    nunadventures Member Posts: 198

Legion is a good killer for looping because he practically just negates it since he can vault over the pallets. The only thing I don’t like is his 110 ms speed, makes him feel sluggish when he’s not in frenzy

• nunadventures
    nunadventures Member Posts: 198

Also I don’t like how exploitable his add ons can be, especially with mending time

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Kim Honestly, I'd recommend buying Legion. Legion is a fun, unique killer that's easy to learn, but hard to master.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2019

Some people are some serious babies, I get not wanting to play against legion as he can be annoying, but really? DCing over him?

I despise huntress more, but i dont disconnect as soon as I get hit in the back with an axe.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@Kim Yes, you should totally get Legion. I find him a lot of fun to play. As @Peasant said: he is easy to pick-up, but hard to master.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I bought Legion with money. Can't say I regret it. Legion is fun to play but people insult you all the time for doing so. Just be ready for the salt.

• Kilmeran

@Yamaoka I play on PC, so I have after match chat permanently closed. I never see the salt, and if they're trying to type to me: joke's on them. :)

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

######### yea, buy them with money not shards

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

That sweet, sweet Susie outfit <3

It's worth it. I got them and love them. I haven't put a lot of points in because I don't want to use the perks that mesh with Frenzy, but be warned that while running around is fun, you'll still get an occasional DC or two once you're spotted or start slashing.

They also come with a Perk to clean those pesky Dwights out of your lockers.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Yes! Buy all of his cosmetics, you wont regret it!

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

We need less Legion players not more.

So no.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

Yes. Legions' daily rituals are done in half a second. -w-

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

You can do whatever you want, it is your shards.

However a lot of people don’t like Legion very much so expect more DCs and toxic messages.

DCing enough can ruin a game but if you feel like you think you’ll have fun with Legion go ahead!

• Kilmeran
    edited April 2019

@Gamzello People DC'ing over a character should never influence someone potentially buying them. Now, granted, I don't pay for heroes in Overwatch, and have the Founders Pack from Paladins beta so every new hero is free for me there as well, but I play Brigitte and the over-buffed Doomfist in Overwatch, and Lian in Paladins, at times. They're as hated in their respective games as Legion seems to be here.

People will get over it, or DC from a match and (maybe) eventually get a ban. Every character-based PvP game has completely annoying characters. Such is life in the genre. You deal with it, or maybe don't play the genre.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Brigitte is straight up the reason I left Overwatch. But on the topic of DCs and Legion, if you don't want to have to deal with DCs, Legion isn't for you. If you don't care then go for it.

• Kilmeran
    edited April 2019

@ClogWench Yeah. Unfortunately, you weren't the only one. Now, I never had an issue dealing with her, but I'm a flex player with a deep roster. So, I could either Junkrat her or jump to Pharah and annihilate her.

Nowadays, she's a complete joke. With all her nerfs, I've beaten her in close-quarters as Soldier 76. But people still hate her.

Mei, though . . . Mei makes me want to punch my monitor.

As far as Legion, he is far from unbeatable as well. Annoying? Yeah, I can see that. But it isn't like he still can't be stunned and so forth. Legion players who utilize the mending add-on exploit are a different beast entirely, though. I prefer the Frenzy duration add-ons, myself. I avoid the add-on exploit entirely. Not because I am afraid of a ban or anything, but because the day I have the turn to an exploit to have fun is the day I retire from that particular game.

Post edited by Kilmeran on
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

The problem for me was never her being necessarily hard to beat, just obnoxious to deal with. And since she was a very low skill character, at least in comparison to the rest of the cast, she was in literally every match I'd play. It got bad enough that I stopped enjoying the game altogether. (And with Hammond and Ashe coming immediately after, character concepts weren't really enough to inspire me to come back)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Yes you should

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Only if you never play him 😄. No really it's your choice. He can get you a lot of points. Discordance is decent and iron maiden is really good for huntress. Mad grit is kinda meh.

If you decide to get it with Jeff, Breakdown is pretty useful, as is distortion and I forgot his other perk.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Legion is fun and is able to accrue points rather easily, ignore the hate and get him!

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited April 2019

Was it aftercare? I think it may be. That's really good if you're a solo player.

• Kilmeran
    edited April 2019

@ClogWench Well, she's a core part of that damned GOATS meta that has been going on too long, so she is in almost every OWL match as well this season. I stopped watching it entirely, and apparently I'm not the only one. The OWL numbers keep dropping.

• Gamzello

@Kilmeran

I was only warning the person who was pondering to buy Legion or not. We all know the DC rates, and threats Legion players get so I thought it was good to let them know what can happen.

Overwatch is different though because people can just join in (at least in quick play) after someone has DCed. (Idk Paladins very well so I won't comment on it.)

DCing in a game like DBD doesn't have other people join in once someone DCs, it remains like that for the rest of the match which could ruin the killer's fun.

<Out of topic, but I had no clue that people had such an issue against Doomfist? I thought he was pretty weak at first but it's been awhile since I played OW.>

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited April 2019

I guess this is a PC problem though, I play ps4 and I've never had a DC against my legion or received salty messages as a result of playing legion? In response to OP though definitely, if you can wait to get shards probably better just in case you don't personally like the playstyle, but discordance is definitely worth it.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

Legion is fun to play in my opinion! But also I'm a completionist and couldn't have one locked character lol

I'd definitely say yes!

• Kilmeran

@Gamzello True. You bring up good points about DCs in DbD versus OW. In Paladins, a bot takes over the characters, which is the same as being utterly useless.

<off-topic Doomfist at launch was weak, then he got buffed, nerfed again, and buffed again. He's a bit of a pain in the ass right now, to be honest. Kind of like Legion or Nurse, here>

• Gamzello

@Kilmeran

I don't understand how DBD still doesn't have a proper punishment system for constant DCing. It is seriously getting out of hand at this point, and it's ruining the game for everyone.

<Ah I see! That's why I noticed he was a little harder to play against. Thank you for letting me know for future reference!>

• Kilmeran
    edited April 2019

@Gamzello I think it has something to do with the P2P hosting system. Peanits said that they can't tell when a DC is intentional, and when it is due to actual internet issues. He said they hope to be able to tell the difference with dedicated servers.

I told him: Lots of luck. Even Riot and Blizzard can't determine that, which is why DC'ing in ranked for any reason is a ban. Period.

And the reason is: A match is going poorly. I rage. I'm leaving the match. But, instead of using the game interface to leave the match, I simply turn off the internet to my computer for a few seconds. Game disconnects due to internet issues. Takes (what?) 30-seconds to launch the game again?

So, now I've purposefully DC'ed but made it look like an internet issue for their tracking system. Ban avoided.

That's why the Big Boys ban regardless of DC source. Players aren't idiots and everyone knows how to end-run it.

So, I wish Behavior all the luck in determining an intentional DC versus a legitimate internet issue. And if they insist on going that route, I see little changing about DCs and bans. But, then again, Ranked is their only mode, they don't have a non-ranked mode that can use a more lax DC-ban system. They kind of painted themselves into a corner with the hair-brained design decision to only have ranked.

• BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90

I would wait for the new Legion updates to make a decision

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269

Hell to the no. Legion sucks.