Hatch Standoff Idea: skillcheck duel

p1ague
p1ague Member Posts: 101
edited April 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know there's dozens of suggestions on ways to address this issue, and I still think I might prefer "grab has no cool down but 80% chance to miss."

But I was just thinking about how you never have to do skillchecks as a killer, and realized that might be another way to address it. Like, instead of the current contest to see who has to go to the bathroom or dies of old age first, when both players arrive at the hatch they both receive a series of simultaneous skillchecks. Whoever misses first, or gets "good" when their opponent had "great," takes their ego hit, and the game ends on the same night it started.

Answers

• p1ague

(if you want it to fit into gameplay/lore, there could be an animation sequence of killer grab /survivor dodge to go with it, but that would obviously be the more complicated part then)

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

A skill check duel could be interesting! :D So, would it go on for a certain amount of "turns" so-to-speak? What happens when a tie occurs. Maybe the killer escapes, too. 8D

• p1ague

Lol, maybe. I was thinking it doesn't end till its not a tie, but maybe start doing madness, lullaby, presence effects if it keeps going on too long. Somebody's gotta do worse than the other eventually, right?!