An idea I have to balance "No Mither". (No, you don't start off healthy)

TheGameZpro3
TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

Since NM players only have one hit till down, and no one slugs them, I think it's agreeable it's one of the worst perks in the game.

I've been thinking, and in my opinion, I think I found a simple, and effective solution to balance it.

"You can recover exhaustion while running, but at 25%/20%/15% less speed than you regularly would."

Now, I know this might sound crazy at first (at least it did to me), but all things considered, it's pretty fair. It'll take a long while to remove your exhaustion, and you still only need one hit till downed. Plus, I think it'll be a rare occasion for you to loop and run the killer before you even remove it all.

I feel like I might be a little close to making this an actually useable perk. But, I don't really know. Do y'all think this is a good idea? Am I an ideot? Any one have a better idea? Please, tell me how y'all feel down below.

EDIT: I feel like I may have confused some people, I'm not saying that the "recover exhaustion while running" is the only effect of the perk, I'm just saying it's a side effect of the perk. Like the extra blood points of BBQ, or the better healing effeciency of Self Care, or the more cooperative blood points of Prove Thyself, etc.

EDIT 2: Decided to put "(No, you don't start off healthy)" in the title, just so people don't think it's the same idea they heard for the nine millionth time.

Post edited by TheGameZpro3 on

Comments

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I think this wouldn't fit the perk, it's too different to the original.

I have another idea:

You start the Trial healthy. When hit by the Killer, you gain the Broken Status Effect which is not shown to the Killer but to other Survivors.

Your grunts of pain are reduced - /25/50% and you can completely recover from the Dying State.

This would keep the intention of the perk but doesn't make it obvious to the killer a guy is running NM.

• TheGameZpro3

I feel like that isn't good either.

Plus, I feel like the killer could find out they have NM very fast. They recovered from the dying state, and no one is healing him. Plus, if we want to keep NM as close to how it was before, then he also doesn't leave any blood trails. If we keep this intact, and the killer sees no blood coming out the survivor... No way are they not going to find out they have NM. If you have blood trails with NM now, then the blood trails will make playing the survivor WAY harder.

If we go your way, it'll really only be bad. Survivor leaves blood the entire game and can't rid of it, while the killer finds out you have NM anyway, or it wouldn't matter, and you still die.

And if the survivor doesn't leave blood trails like the earlier version,only an idiot killer would know not to slug you.

The way I did it was only add one,good change, and left everything fine. In my opinion, you way made it worse, just because in removeable blood trails.

Again, just my opinion.

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422

I got worried that this would be another "You start healthy" post. Thank you for a unique idea

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I would actually use no mither if this was implemented though tbh get that exhaustion perk in chase.

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100

Slowly replenishing exhaustion would actually be a pretty sweet idea. It would provide the ability to prolong or escape chases and avoid being hit, which is necessary with No Mither.

But because you can only take one hit per chase it doesn't upset the balance of the game.

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100

I actually like that idea (No where near as good as the exhaustion one, admittedly)

Having said that, Mettle of Man is in the game now, so the idea of starting healthy may be less balanced than it was previously. Would be interesting to see it tested though.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It has another benefit though. No blood and less noise.

• TheGameZpro3

(For some reason it won't let me Quote your post, @Mr_Myers ,without refreshing the page, so I'll put it in parenthesis)

"I got worried that this would be another "You start healthy" post. Thank you for a unique idea"

Your welcome. Trust me... I hate that idea about "You start Healthy". It'll either do nothing to the perk because no one slugs anyway, or if David bleeds so he'll look like an actual survivor, then the perk would be a down grade because now David leaves blood trails.

Honestly, I think that idea (The, "You start healthy") is not 100% terrible, but WAAAAAAAAAAYY TOO overrated (just like Fortnite), and I just want it to be better (again, just like Fortnite). So it isn't just a terrible meme, that only idiots use unironically (last time, just like Fortnite).

• Panduh
    Panduh Member Posts: 51

Wouldn't this just create more reason to not heal in this meta? Several killers force you to not heal + the negating MoM's downside by waiting for Adrenaline's heal rather than healing to expose yourself, etc.

What's wrong with not having a huge tell-tale to the killer that you can recover from dying anyway? Sure most killers instantly pick you up, but the Broken status gives them all the more reason not to try anything interesting.

Also your idea stacked with Vigil would make chases worse than the meta where we still could slightly recover from exhaustion in chase. You'd be recovering 15% faster than other people. Sure, while being one-hit down, but I don't think that excuses bringing back something we said we didn't want previously.

• TheGameZpro3

@Panduh said:

Wouldn't this just create more reason to not heal in this meta? Several killers force you to not heal + the negating MoM's downside by waiting for Adrenaline's heal rather than healing to expose yourself, etc.

What's wrong with not having a huge tell-tale to the killer that you can recover from dying anyway? Sure most killers instantly pick you up, but the Broken status gives them all the more reason not to try anything interesting.

Also your idea stacked with Vigil would make chases worse than the meta where we still could slightly recover from exhaustion in chase. You'd be recovering 15% faster than other people. Sure, while being one-hit down, but I don't think that excuses bringing back something we said we didn't want previously.

Ok, I understand that. and it's fair.

ok, what about this?

You are affected by the Broken status effect for the duration of the trial.

Your thick blood coagulates practically instantly

*You don't leave pools of blood.

*Grunts of pain cause by injuries are reduced by 0%/25%/50%

*Grants the ability to fully recover from the dying state.

*You can recover exhaustion while running, but at 35%/30%/25% less speed than not running. Vigil does not stack with this. You can't recover the last 10/8/6 seconds while running.

*When recovering from the dying state, you recover 5%/3%/1% slower.

I don't think the last thing (the recovering) will stop this from being OP, but it's better safe than sorry.

Anyway, @Panduh , is this any better?

• Panduh

I think making another perk specifically not work with another is a bit strange. The last bit about dying recovery would be unnecessary. I'm of the opinion recovering a strong exhaustion perk while running isn't something the team wants(it's alright if you aren't). If you were to say better recovery outside of running, maybe it would be worth having a look at. Or maybe look elsewhere. I just think the whole start the trial healthy and not showing Broken so the killer doesn't negate one of the biggest strengths of the perk thing would be the most simple solution.

I do like ambitious ideas and discussion however, so don't feel discouraged to think up new stuff.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

No mither should stay no mither there is many things they could do.

• No scratch mark.
    • increase BP in all categories.
    • put resiliance-like on the perk himself.
    • same for this is not happening.
    • Be immune to all aura-reading perks.
    • have faster recovery.
    • wiggle faster

But we SHOULDN'T start HEALTHY.

• Panduh

Okay okay, I really like the aura reading immunity. Kinda goes with that same design of no blood and less noise making NM harder to find. I'm curious what others might think.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

You are giving way too much power to a single perk.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

those are only ideas not the stats of a single perk. one of those could be added in the revamp.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

No mither is meant to be a hindrance, so if you find it hindering rather than helpful, well, the perk is working as intended (that's the reason why I argue that the recover from dying state crap should be taken away, because of that and because it can be abused, but whatever).

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I just noticed that I forgot the blood thing. Of cause it would be there.