the Hag Jumpscare should be changed

let's be real , jump scares are NOT scary, it's irritating, and annoying.

having the Hag pop out with a Loud scream is not it! it's not SCARY, it would be so much better if there was an animation where the Hag's hand reaches out from the seal climbing up from the mud QUIETLY

the subtle of it is more horrifying than jumping out of thin air

or maybe have the Hag's phantasm pretend to move and chase the killer so it's a bit more realistic

they can also try to attack the player but it would dissolve back into the mud

Answers

• Panduh
    Panduh Member Posts: 51

I just wish the Phantasm Trap wouldn't pull my controls toward it lol

That and the fact that it tracks the survivor who trigger it with rotation while it's active leaves some counter-play to be desired. And no- "equip urban immersion or a flashlight every match just in case" is not counter-play.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

She's working completely as intended. No need to nerf. Camera being pulled to trap is meant to be there. If something like that jumped out at you wouldn't you be terrified? She's one of the few that still make me jump when playing against.

• Panduh

"Working as intended" is kind of a lazy argument that promotes stagnant conversation. Old Decisive and Borrowed Time were working as intended, but they sure didn't feel good to play against.

Sure, it makes me jump too and all- and pulling the camera would be okay if it didn't also pull me to run toward the trap. Those are my controls, thanks. I'm not talking catastrophic nerfs, and even if this did largely hurt the Hag, then we could certainly talk about other things to help her out.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

Changing run direction is huge part of Hag's gameplay, removing this part will take out a lot of mindgame and jukes on Hag's part. So, no, lets keep it same is now.

• Panduh

That's fair. I suppose I just want the game to feel less abysmal when I finally find a Hag and I'm not wearing Urban Evasion, since I usually like running more interesting stuff. Yanno? I think it'd really help incentivize more jukes/mindgames if survivors could move a tad faster in both walking and crouch walking(other speeds the same of course). Or if flashlights had longer uptime since they're really not as crazy as they were long ago.

However I know those are some big asks and dreams so I daydream on.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

it would be so much better if there was an animation where the Hag's hand reaches out from the seal climbing up from the mud QUIETLY

That wouldn't work too well. By the time the phantasm emerges the survivor would be already gone.