Next up to be nerfed: Mettle Of Man

Answers

• Dwight_Main
    Dwight_Main Member Posts: 69

i also honestly dont understand why people want a Mettle of man nerf so bad. i know its frustrating to get hit a survivor in an injured state but after that hit he is still standing. all you gotta do is not hit the survivor and there wont be MoM

• Dwight_Main
    edited April 2019

on a serious note for me MoM is "fine" since iam a "survivor main" But please stick with me its a 3 times hit and the perk activates once used up its all gone. sure it could be frustrating chasing a survivor for the whole 5 gen and after hitting the suvivor having the Mom equipped he still lived and escaped. but come on yall killer mains got confident and asked for another survivor perk nerf.(just because DS got nerfed and now is useless) the DLC perk which is MoM has only been released for a WEEK im sure all of you "skilled killer mains" can find a way to counter it just like DS with juggling

the perk also says "The next time you heal back to full health, your Aura will be revealed to the Killer when you are farther than 12/14/16 metres from the Killer." Theres already a counter to it. stfu killer mains

stop crying i love MoM and iam an entitled survivor main so my opinion matters

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

When will we see MoM in the shrine?

• LilBit
    LilBit Member Posts: 60

The crying over Noed is laughable. There is so much to counter it it's not funny. Not only are there perks like small game but there's map and keys with addons to help find the killer belongings. Not to mention the blatant placement of active totems right out on the open. If you play this game enough you know cleansing dull totems should be done.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I don't have a problem with good perks, MoM is just outright unbalanced. Try and put aside your bias and think of it from the other perspective.

It rewards the survivor's failure and It punishes the killer for doing their objective. You get a free insta heal when you should be going down, a speed boost and the killer is slowed down to wipe their blade just because you've taken 3 hits already, something that happens naturally in the game. The Aura reading is such little drawback and can even be worked around by 99% healing. and since it's a perk it can be used every trial.

In what world is that considered a fair balanced perk?

Just because there's Op things in the game doesn't mean we should keep adding in more and more. The solution is to take a look at those OP things and make them balanced.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

"the perk also says "The next time you heal back to full health, your Aura will be revealed to the Killer when you are farther than 12/14/16 metres from the Killer." Theres already a counter to it. stfu killer mains"

LOL

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Let's change this perk like DS: Anti-tunnel perk.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

MoM is powerful but not OP. Also if the aura is a problem then just 99% your heal or don’t heal a thing all.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I think it should just be an anti tunnel perk instead. Maybe for the next 30 seconds after being unhooked the next hit you take is ignored. You could add the condition that it is only effective while the exit gates aren't powered.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

The problem with MOM is you can combine with other perks like DS,DH... and make the chase longer. At the same time if you are injury and you have the 3 hit you can heal 99 % and when you get hit just use your self heal you see the hit don't reset the heal bar so with only one perk you can take up to 4 hit and if you think it no big deal just think the legion if you go for the 4 hits it's take too much. Those 4 hit will most like can be use in the mid-end game make it even more powerful. In the end the MOM is op, unbalance, broken ... become you can use it with so many ways and force the killer to play either same specific add-ons, offerings or killers like the old DS.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

Honestly, MoM is not OP. You can counter it with several killers like The Plague, Billy, The Legion, Nurse, etc. It's not a big deal and def it's not DS 2.0.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

The only counter to MoM right now are m2 attacks so no stacks get gained and camping the first hook.

Is this a fun and healthy playstyle?

Only Legion and Billy are now viable against MoM...and Billy would be the only viable killer at high ranks after the Nurse bugfix.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I don't think you should have to bring mori's either and I agree with that, I just see mori's a lot of the time and long before MOM came along. They're usually brought when there's a person the killer doesn't like aka the toxic tea bagging looper.

I was watching Umbara_Bug's stream other night and she got asked how many she has and it's a whopping 598 at that time just on Huntress. Now granted she's so good she doesn't need them.

On my killers I've got stockpiles as well and go out of my way not to buy them because I don't like using them and also forget I've got them. As far as the bug fixes go my guess is those will happen at the same time as the adjustment/nerfs to MOM go through to ensure a smooth transition.

On NA PC red ranks through Purple ranks I don't see it that often and when I do it's either people going for Adept. The rest are trying it on different characters or it's a duo swf trying to tag team off.

Some of these people are too predictable though and make it pretty obvious they're running it because they'll keep running in to take a hit then running out to let someone else heal them.

I've seen killers bait it out and then just slug the person being cocky and after that ensure they only use their abilities on them to prevent that 3rd proc hit. In another thread I suggested some tweaks to the perk to make it less strong especially in conjunction with other operks like DS.

I'll try and post those to get some feedback and apologies for the flame war, we go back and forth a bit too often and get carried away.

• powerbats

@yeet Ok here's from that other thread but it was posted after you by a bit and so I don't think you ever saw it. Here's the post I was responding to along with the suggestion change which probably needs some tweaking.

The quote formatting bugged out.

"Tzeentchling9

Apr 6, 2019

Probably going to make all hits count and increase the number of hits required to activate the perk. Ideally 5, but more likely 4."

But wouldn't that just make it that much more strong though say someone heals you when the killer either slugs or sees a bright Red cape (aka Matador). So you got them down in 2 hits and they get back up via heals/ instas/UB etc.

I think 3 is fine but it should have some drawbacks like once you get that 3 hit you're now exhausted for 120/90/60 seconds.

That and or to get it to reset and perhaps have a lower exhaustion cooldown (doesn't have to be both) you have to perform a "SAFE UNHOOK".

So you'd have your 1 guaranteed usage of the perk but after that you'd have to do something Altruistic which fits the thematic aspect.

To keep you from simply recharging at will give the safe unhook a 120/90/60 second cooldown timer.

EDIT: Follow up

If it gets an exhaustion debuff that means you can't simply Dead Hard once you get hit the 3rd or 4th time to say a pallet and run off. If say using DS ( I know some survivors will flame me for this) it'd also cause Exhaustion for 120/90/60 seconds with performing safe unhooks also lowering the cooldown.

So you can't simply MOM/DH/DS/AD etc because each has it's own exhaustion cd and thus would make the usage of said perks much more strategic.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

I don't think MoM should be resettable nor is exhaustion a big enough penalty

I think the usage should be situational such as when the killer is carrying a survivor.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Behavior nerf Mettle of Man?

• powerbats

I don't think reusable is what I was trying to imply but as an Exhaustion based perk it'd limit other uses that make it problematic. If you also made DS an exhaustion perk that'd help them from being combo'd together and the 120/90/60 second Exhaustion.

That would make it similar to Deliverance's cooldown and to help remove the exhaustion faster you'd have to do safe unhooks. So you'd have to make some risky plays and put yourself at risk from the killer.

So you still have the 3 hits but special abilities within that 1-3 second span should still ignore the proc and only be counted as M1 outside of that. So if say Freddy sleeps you and within 3 seconds of transition hits you you don't earn any procs on MOM.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@powerbats since it isn't implied. It would also need to not activate during exhaustion. Since otherwise you could just reverse the order and be no different from before

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Here's my rework, it solves a community problem so hopefully y'all will like it! :)

Mettle of Man:

Evil always finds its way to you. Everytime you enter a chase for 15 seconds while winning it afterwards, receive a token up to a maximum of 5/4/3 tokens. When at maximum tokens, your next source of damage that would put you into the dying state will be ignored. After a successful Mettle of Man, the killer will see your aura when you're in a 8 meter range.

Increases your chances of becoming the killer's obsession.

• powerbats

Sorry forgot to add that since as an Exhaustion perk it'd be subject to the same rules hecne you want to use it sooner do safe unhooks.

• Dwight_Main

at tier 3 thats 45Seconds of chase for just 3 TOKENS. for a perk that can only be used once and hoping to lose the killer. also im tired of these token perks theyre trash. anyways, good suggestion but i dont like it

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Yeah, but it can be used more than once and I used tokens because it's easier to word the perk.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

Let’s see how long it will take to be nerfed lmao (rip)

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Mettle of man is still easy to cope with as killer. I would say it's just as easy for survivors to cope with noed.

• Ttwylerr
    Ttwylerr Member Posts: 106

You guys know you could just use devour hope right? Sure the totem can be destroyed but it is a counter if you down them at full health.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Can we at least see what the end game changes are before we discuss nerf options?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

See ya' in 2021! 🤗

• yeet

LOL

this would be like telling survivors to rely on finding a key in a chest to counter remember me

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Sarcasm?

MoM has no actual gameplay counter other than face camping, NOED can be dealt with by taken out a totem.. hell it can be outright prevented. If MoM was as easy to deal with as NOED I wouldn't have any complaints.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Yeah only killers get nerfed instantly. Survivor stuff takes a few years of abuse before the devs take a look

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I think MoM is worse than the old DS because you had a chance to prevent DS from activating no matter what (missing the skill check or being lucky enough to have a hook nearby) with all Killers. MoM cannot be stopped from activating unless the Survivors do not unhook or kill themseleves on the hook.

I think the two biggest problems with MoM is that it still acts like the Killer hit you and that you can heal to 99% and then heal yourself back to healthy. Here is what I would do to fix them:

1. The Killer’s weapon would either go through the Survivor or act like it hit an object.

2.The Survivor cannot heal past a certain percentage while the perk is active and all of the healing progress is lost after the perk is used up.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

if there were anything the survivors would have to do in order for it to activate, i dont think ppl would complain that much about it...

the way it is now, survivors just get benefits for scrwwing up 3 times and facing the right killer (pretty much anything but billy), which makes it feel like a bad designed perk.

• Ttwylerr
    Ttwylerr Member Posts: 106

I didn't say it was a good counter but you guys constantly saying there is absolutely 0 counters is untrue.

• powerbats

Cough Legion cough, cough Clown bottle exploit cough and need I go on and oh Legion still hasn't been fixed all these months later.

Also DS wasn't an abuse so your argument falls flat on it's face and infinites didn't take a few years to address.

• Alpha_Radiance
    Alpha_Radiance Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019

MoM isn’t annoying as killer at all. It’s just one extra hit.. ONE!! Also you can see the survivors aura after.. And people complain about it? why is it that everyone wants an easier game on both sides. It’s like everyone is trying so hard to win instead of having fun.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited April 2019

They’re allowed to make balance changes, not cosmetic based changes. They designed the balance of the game, they own that, the created their own version. Pretty sure license owns the character and associated voice lines, and nothing gameplay related unless it’s a weapon with very specific properties that need to be respected.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited April 2019

Freddy or plague are examples enough.

By the way, infinites were part of the game for quite some time

Can you name a single survivor perk that got instantly nerfed after release? Im curious =)

• powerbats

So what you're saying is that killer nerfs still happen instantly yet Clown went on for awhile and it's been almost 4 months for Legions exploit. That's not counting his secondary exploit that's also being abused.

Also that logical fallacy, Freddy wasn't nerfed due to exploiting and Plagues not been nerfed either for exploits.

Lets see can you come up with any more troll attempts that won't fail, NOPE.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

It's up to four extra hits if you're playing a killer that cannot counter, and you can't forget they still get the injury speed boost for this. It's not "just an extra hit", but an extra hit that gives them the speed boost and additional distance from it.

I main Pig, and what the ######### am I supposed to do to counter it besides load up perks into a suboptimal build?

Oh, right: camp. Because that's what survivors want killers to really do...

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@SmokePotion you must not play survivor against good killers who can end chases quickly. Btw before rank reset I was purple rank killer.

You should play spirit so you can end chases quickly or nurse then mom won’t be problematic or use legion.

• powerbats

Let's see Pig's ambush doesn't give survivors a MOM stack so no you don't need to camp, any ability used to land a hit doesn't proc MOM. I had a game against a red rank Pig the other day. She destroyed 2 survivors using MOM running the regular Pig build and never camped.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

I hate to tell you this, but not every chase starts with a dash attack.

• powerbats

No it doesn't but the smart piggies chase then go ambush again near loop spots and even if you don't. It means they'd have to have been downed a 2x times already if you played it right.

By the time it procs you've probably already gotten an RBT on them to slow the game down and running MYC you can have even more ways.

• yeet

legion is the weakest killer in the game so idk why you'd use him as an example

• powerbats

I only mention him due to the 2 exploits and the fact it's been over 4 months and not been addressed. The Clown reload exploit was fixed comparatively quickly but with Legion and his 2 exploits it's not that simple.

Now as far as being the weakest he's like Freddy in the respect that those that know how to get the most out of him can wreck with him. That's also without using either exploit nor using Franks.

There's one really good Legion players that never uses Deep Wounds and only uses Frenzy for the gap closing. He'll only M1 you the entire time and still 4k most of the time he's just that good.

He's also a beast on Bubba, Nurse, Billy, Hag etc.