Solution for the D/C epidemic ??

How about each player, killer or survivor, get's a disconnect counter next to their name? Feel free to tell me what a genius I am below. :)

Answers

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited April 2019

I don't think they'll stop disconnecting because of that.

In fact, it'll only incentivize others to dodge them, making waiting times only longer.

• Red_Dwarf
    Red_Dwarf Member Posts: 54

You were supposed to tell me what a genius I am, not come in here with facts, and logical thinking. #########?

• Klareh
    Klareh Member Posts: 29

I'm thinking the first step is them addressing the Loading Screen Bug/Three-Man Lobbies as said in the Developer Thread.

I think once they cover that, they can move forward to help sorting the rage quit DCs.

• MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289

1 hour suspension, 12 hour, 24, 72, permanent

intentional DCs are out of hand and must be dealt with.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Ban everyone who dc even once. 1 ban = 1 additional game purchase = win-win

• Drummerboy72
    Drummerboy72 Member Posts: 7

For an intentional DC, I completely agree. Playing the game helps you get better. No need to quit like that. Although, there shouldn’t be punishment for some who DC’s because someone is working with the killer. I had that happen: Michael was the killer. Whoever the survivor was kept healing me after I got hit. Over and over. I had no choice because they wouldn’t stop or leave me to die/get hooked.

• Jamez666
    Jamez666 Member Posts: 26

Decided to play killer last night and as soon as I hook a survivor they D/C'd on me. Played about 4 games only getting 2ks each time with the other 2 being disconnects. For reference I was playing Legion with 2 perks because of my level with him.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Legion is a waste-time killer. Makes the match much longer than it has to be

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@MystiKasT I think thats too harsh. Sometimes people DC from loss of net, or power flicker. It's not ALWAYS intentional.

If it was closer to other games like R6, League of Legends, etc:

1- 5 min

2- 15 min

3- 1 hour

4- 3 hour

5- 12 hour/24 hour

6- 24 hour/3 days

7- 3 days / 1 week

(X/X for 5-7 is if it needs to be harsher faster)

Come back from a week ban and DC day one, take another week. or maybe come back a step down at 3 days.

Some form of good behavior reduction timer would be needed. As in, if you take a week long ban, come back and don't DC for a full 24 hours, it reduces, so your next DC wont be a 3 day ban, it would be 12/24 hours. If you take a 3 hour ban, and dont DC for 24 hours, the next DC would only be 5 or 15 min, as the original ban wasnt as bad.

it would help curve the intentional DCs without completely screwing people hit with accidentals.

If you intentionally DC 3 times, out of spite or "I dont like X killer", or being chased first, you would have to wait 1 hour to be able to play again. the next 3 hour ban may seem not worth a DC. If youre forced to sit out for a week, you may rethink DCing over something trivial with the threat of another 3 day ban.

On the other hand if someone loses power briefly, has net issues every once in a while, or has an IRL reason to leave, they can take a 5 minute, or even 15 minute ban and come back no harm done. If they cant play due to IRL things, that wont cause them to go elsewhere. On the offchance someone DOES have net issues 3 or 4 times in a single day, they should probably have that dealt with before trying to play ANY online game, as if that is an issue they are aware of, they are putting their teammates at a disadvantage with the sheer possibility that they get kicked, yet again.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,513

A counter next to their name wouldn't do too much. Having a red flag saying, "Hey, this guy is going to DC on you" without actually doing anything about it isn't really fixing the problem. We've got some ideas for how we would like to punish disconnecting in the future, but unfortunately we don't have anything set in stone to share just yet.

• Red_Dwarf

I know of a few killer mains, that if they don't at least 3k, they'll D/C, so i have them blocked in MLGA.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@Peanits

I hope you can soon provide a working solution because this is really getting out of hands.

I just got back 3 days ago after a good month break and I'm already going to leave again because of these insane disconnects. I just had 2 matches in a row where all 4 Survivors disconnected upon first hook and countless other matches where 1-3 Survivors disconnected or didn't even load in.

• liviu1911
    liviu1911 Member Posts: 150

yes, you ban them for "NOT cheating". i have the solution. implement a "cooldown" feature that block the player to play for a period of time.(60 mins >120 mins>24hrs>7 days- not a ban, just force the player to make a pause if he consider dc'ing ) DC it's not a cheat/exploit. it's just frustration in the first place. if you guys think it's oke to ban frustration, the ban all players because we all get frustrated a few times when shenanigans happen in the game :D

• liviu1911
    liviu1911 Member Posts: 150
  • Red_Dwarf

Nah the devs know about it. While they don't technically endorse it, they won't ban you for using it, and no EAC doesn't detect/flag it. I personally feel MLGA's ping indicator is more accurate that in-game one.