Make Decisive Strike great again!

Options

No, i dont want the old DS back, but actually the new DS is trash as an antitunnel-perk. Where is actual the effect of new DS? It just prolongs the tunneling, cause no killer will let you go especially not when they run into DS.

-------------------------------------------

So my idea:

Using whatever is at hand, you stab at your aggressor in an ultimate attempt to escape.

After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds before the exit gates are powered.

While Decisive Strike is active, when grabbed by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check to automatically escape the Killer's grasp, stun the killer for 2 seconds, and become cloaked by the Entity for 5 seconds.

• Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike.
  • Successfully stunning the Killer will result in you becoming the Obsession.
  • Cloaked status will grant you total invisibility (No scratch marks, no bloodstains, no noises).
  • As long as Decisive Strike is active and the killer remains in a range of 12 meters the timer will stop for as long as the killer remains in that range. This doesn’t apply if the killer is engaged in a chase or the exit gates are powered.
  • Enduring doesn’t effect the stun time.
  • All aura reading abilities are disabled while having the cloaked status.
  • While having the cloaked effect you can’t enter exit gates or the hatch.

---------------------------------------------

Why all these prerequisites and those effects?

The effects:

First, the stun effect: it is just to ensure the killer doesnt strikes back in a random manner after DS activates. Otherwise there would be no meaning in the cloaked effect if you get downed immediately, cause the killer gets a lucky hit on you. Within these 2 seconds the survivor should probably get the distance needed to be not within attack range (M1).

Second, the cloaked effect: Its like the Wraith Invisibility while standing still, just in regards of survivor means. So you dont leave scratch marks or blood stains, neither do grunts of pain or breathing. Youre literally vanished for everyone (even other survivors cant see you). It ensures that the killer doesnt immediately resumes the chase and the survivor has the chance to hide. Of course he can run around and try hitting you, you just have to be smart in your choice where to hide.

------------------------------------------------

The prerequisites:

1.) After being unhooked or unhooking yourself: should be self explanatory.

2.) for 40/50/60 seconds: should be self explanatory too.

3.) before the exit gates are powered: this is to prevent killers from being unable to secure kills during endgame. Tunneling is most likely an issue before endgame, to ensure survivors get the possibility to play the match, and not being unable to do anything.

4.) As long as Decisive Strike is active and the killer remains within a range of 12 meters the timer will stop for as long as the killer remains in that range. This doesn’t apply if the killer is engaged in a chase or the exit gates are powered: this ensures that the killer doesnt camp the unhooked survivor til the timer ends. Also it makes clear to the killer that it’s better to engage into another chase than wasting their time. The first addition is to ensure abusing the mechanic by survivors lingering around the downed survivor. The second addition is for killers as mentioned in 3.)

5.) Enduring doesn’t effect the stun time: self prevention for the perk to work as intended.

6.) All aura reading abilities are disabled while having the cloaked status: is to ensure that neither the killer nor the survivor gets any “lucky” advantage on the situation. For example if the killer runs Bitter Murmur and during the cloaking it would trigger, DS would be totally wasted and vice-versa with Dark Sense on survivor side. So the perk shouldnt get strengthened/weakened on any side.

7.) While having the cloaked effect you can’t enter exit gates or the hatch: is to ensure abusing by survivors.

The re-use problem:

The only problem i see with this design is how often it should be useable. Once after the first unhook, or twice for both unhooks? As its now it would activate once, but the tunneling will probably go on after the second unhook, cause of salty/toxic killers. As far ea i know who its to be tunneled an entire game i would like to active it twice, but its might be too strong, but it then would get rid of those just only tunneling killers, cause they have to adapt to a "fair" playstile.

So hope i didnt forget any situational issues which might be seen when having such an effect. But as youve seen now, its very complicated to create an antitunnel-perk cause of those situational happenings, where the perk might break some wanted mechanics.

Would like to hear your PRECISE FEEDBACK. As well as yours devs @not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits

PS: Yeah I´ve too much freetime atm ;)

Comments

• pootis_Bear
    pootis_Bear Member Posts: 645
    Options

seems cool the invisibility looks like a short cooldown but I don't know since there would be no way to test to see if it is good or not.

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    Options

Yeah, No. I understand that you've placed in prerequisites to make DS a little more harder to get, but it's still technically a free escape from the killer, only now, the Survivor main will need to HIDE before they intentionally get their a## chased. Only now killers with no terror radius counter it, Myers + Wraith.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,412
    Options

The perk needs a small nerf, not a buff. The perk in its current state is still S tier and extremely strong.

All it needs now is to actually only affect tunnelers, of which it currently does not. If a different survivor gets downed DS should deactivate. The 60 second timer is also too forgiving, it should be 45.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

keep nerfing surv's perk, and you'll see more and more dcs

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

Or buff the survivors more and see less and less game ( killers don't want to play )

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    Options

I have 0 problems using the new DS, it works as it should.

I have used it since the change for anti-tunnelling and i get value out of it most games.

I prefer the 3-5 second stun.

Why? same reason you can track Freddy look at the surrounding area for grass etc. or are you trying to say you get a free escape with no way of tracking it at all?

Now except since the stun only lasts 2 seconds they will be back on your ass and you will be down not long after.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

The old DS was so unhealthy for the game but the new DS is just straight trash.

Personally, I would have preferred something along the lines of pressing your active ability button while wiggling to get the skill check. If you succeed in the skill check the killer would be stunned in place for 5 seconds (or whatever) but not drop you.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 801
    Options

I would rather it was something like:

After succeeding the skillcheck, you are cloaked by the entity until another survivor is hooked. Your action speed is impacted by 50% while cloaked.

Then it would be a true anti-tunnel perk.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options
  • MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

@Toxicity23: DS shouldnt be countered. Its to prevent tunneling, which only means that someone cant play the game as intended.

@Blueberry: The perk in its current state doesnt prevent tunneling at all. It just maybe punishes during endgame. It needs to be changed to prevent (as long as nothing will me changed about the tunneling itself), not to punish.

@GraviteaUK: As said before it doesnt work as it should. And yeah its a free "escape" without any tracking. Cause tunneling needs to be prevented at all costs.

@mcNuggets: No its definitely not.

• GraviteaUK
    Options

Tunnelling must be prevented why?

Right now any half decent survivor even when being tunnelled can run the killer around some loops for a good amount of time before going down.

The amount of maps that certain killers may as well ALT F4 on in ridiculous. (Coldwind Farm, Huntress/Plague/Legion) nice design on those see-through walls BVHR.

The survivors can play this game how they want. Do i come on here and say OMG THEY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DROP PALLETS LIKE THAT PLZ NURFFFF.

So why should you be able dictate how the killer plays?

• bradys44
    bradys44 Member Posts: 105
    Options

I'm okay with the current state of DS. I would like to see the stun time increased by 1 sec per tier rather than activation window, that way it's worth investing in perks going up

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100
    Options

I've actually seen the new DS gain quite a bit of value, even against me as the killer (I actively avoid tunneling, for context).

The only buff I can see being fair/worthwhile is if the killer was to be blinded as well as stunned OR if the survivors scratch marks disappeared for the duration of the stun.

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100
    Options

A lot of survivors will for some reason unhook you while they're obviously about to go down, turning you an easy and vulnerable target. That's where the core value of Desicive Strike comes into play.

But if they go down immedietly after unhooking you and it causes DS to deactivate, the killer is then free to tunnel you and the perk becomes useless.

What your suggesting isn't a small nerf, it's a near neutralisation of the perk.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    Options

It's fine as it is now, only change I'd make is that enduring doesn't reduce the stun, because what's the point of an anti tunnel perk if you're gonna get hit again imidiatelly.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

As already told survs cant play the game properly while being tunneld the entire game until death. Running around doing nothing else isnt the purpose of the game. But as your comparison tells me you arent willing to understand anything about that issue.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

Tunneller killers make survs DC. But if anyone enjoy playing like this, go on

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options

"You're cloaked by the entity" so now the entity helps survivors hide from the killers doing it's bidding makes perfect sense Mathieu Cote would be proud.

• GraviteaUK
    Options