I had a brilliant idea to stop tunneling for good.

DarkWo1f997
DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

So, a killer is chasing you and only you, after a few minutes, you get fed up with it, and want to DC, but alas! The fidget spinner is here! Just throw one of these babies on the ground behind you and that trapper will stop dead in his tracks and take at least 30 minutes to remember what he was supposed to be doing.

And as an ultra rare survivor item, you can get a rubix cube, and if a killer steps on it they have to solve it before they can do anything else. “But what if they’re already good at rubix cubes?” Aha, you see, that’s the catch, all the sides are the same color. So there is no way to solve it.

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Tunneling should be nerfed, AFTER generators are solved because I'm starting to see what some killer mains are talking about.

However, let's assume we went 1 year in the future and killers are finally balanced. I'll like to see a Adrenaline feature added to prevent tunneling such as:

-7% haste effect for 1 minute after being unhooked.

-Scratch marks are hidden for 1 minute after being unhooked.

-Farmers receive no bloodpoints for unsafe hooks and don't get their WGLF stacks (exception: Basement and endgame unhooks since most of the times there is no control on whether or not they are safe).

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

you know I had a perk idea for survivors where everyone’s scratch marks dissipate faster but yours last longer. Like a perk for people who like to play distraction.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Camping and tunneling aren't fun for anyone and I'd like them gone as well. That said, they are a symptom of the games imbalance. If killers were actually made strong, we'd see a lot less of those things. Bar some off exceptions, if you play fair in the current games balance as a killer, you lose.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

There is only one problem that I have with tunneling, it conflicts with the emblem system. Killers will get a few sacrifices yet do so poorly in the emblem system because they didn't get enough chases in. Therefore, we need the game to reflect that by either making chases harder when you tunnel someone. This will reflect your emblems because if you tunnel and get a few kills, you might de-pip because you're taking on harder chases.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited April 2019

This is beautiful, would be screwed if I had to solve the rubik's cube one though doesn't even have to be unsolvable...haven't touched one of those in many moons. As long as opening gates requires solving a tile slide puzzle 😂 In all seriousness nice suggestions from @Nickenzie though, some kind of temporary boost to unhooked survs would be nice esp if the killer is instantly back on them.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

How to stop tunneling for good is to make it so any killer who dares tunnel gets redirected to civ and forced to read the survivor rule book.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited April 2019

I don't like getting tunneled but Im also not in favor of mechanic handholding. Safe saves are up to teammates and borrowed time exists for campers, but if you can't stay hidden and sneak away that's on you. I don't want a mandated feature where I'm semi protected/empowered in chase because of my mistakes and the killer tracked me down. If you actually get away from the immediate hook zone its on you to evade and break Los. Unless you're downed again at the hook, it's no different than being found on a gen and initiating a regular Chase.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Its up to survivor to handle tunneling.

• QwrtyMan213
    QwrtyMan213 Member Posts: 243

And it shouldn't be. Devs need to make it unappealing for the killer to tunnel.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

@QwrtyMan213 , survivors that got unhooked cant repair gens for 2 mins and remove all small maps that make bbq useless

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

How about we stop punishing Killers for playing smart and encourage them not to tunnel instead?

I've just about had it with this incessant "punish this, punish that, punish everything I don't like that Killers do that gets me killed".

It's only achieving one thing: ruining the game for Killers.

• thestonedone
    thestonedone Member Posts: 19

No really a couple of good points have been made here the main 1 is that killers are unbalanced and encourages tunneling to get any kind of reward but lets turn the tables a sec and mention the over the top toxicity of some survivors i have had a game where i hooked 1 chased another yet the guy who just got unhooked has ran to my face and started teabagging rapid flashlight clicks eand proceed to do it every pallet or window those people are asking to be tunneled and camped to death so i can see why the killer wouldnt get punished despite being a cancerous way to play BUT killers that instantly decide to tunnel and face camp for no reason are basically taking away being able to olay or enjoy the game in general both sides are equally to blame and eventually the game will die because of it there needs to be some mutual ground between killers and survs or i dont see the game lasting much longer