Will The Uninformed (Mend Exploit) Be Banned?

2»

Comments

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited April 2019

I mean I'd expect the ban to be temporary because in most situations it's a 3-strike penalty to get permanently banned. Although at least point #2 clarifies a little bit but it still seems like an awful choice to leave the addons active in game where innocent players can have their games ruined by this exploit.

Although the below quote specifically was kind of offputting because I can see some scenarios where a killer does indeed pick Legion after months of inactivity and uses those addons. Just hoping the data is accurate and no players who are innocent gets banned.

"If someone hasn't touched legion in months and suddenly picked them back up overnight and joined the legion fanclub and just so happened to equip those specific add-ons right away match after match, for example. If you are not intentionally abusing it, you're fine."

That's pretty much my whole problem with this. I'd hate to see a community member get banned incorrectly even if it's just a single strike. That's why I'd rather just see the addons disabled until a fix is issued. That way there's zero risk of someone getting in the crossfire of this. Although again I'll just trust that any data regarding bans is on point.

• Mr_Onehouse
    Mr_Onehouse Member Posts: 14

The multi-killer exploit I discovered on my own. I got 2 Wraiths instead of survivors in a match and panic dc'd within seconds. If Paulie Esther had not sent out his own notice I would not have known the Legion exploit exists. Is there an add-on I shouldn't use until this is fixed? Are they referring to the walking backwards to make Mend deplete faster? I'd rather know so that I DON'T do this even by accident.

• Carnage845
    Carnage845 Member Posts: 16

This just highlights the need for mending time to be increased.

Legion's power is fairly useless - you can't use Nurses on it, stacking hits on a single person drains you of the power, and since Legion can't see scratch marks using his power, alot of the time he has to give up the follow up chase to hit someone else.

I mean, 5 minutes is a crazy long time, but the mending process SHOULD either be longer or nurses allowed to be used.

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

> Will The Legion Players Be Banned?

I sure hope so.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Really? You guys are making all the work instead of disabling 1 single addon till its fixed? That's not efficient at all

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

@PeanitsThe ignorance of law is not an excuse, provided the law has previously been published: you should announce the forbidden combos at the starting of the game, like you do with patch notes.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited April 2019

Basically tell the person in the end game chat you are reporting them for using the exploit... I imagine if the Devs get many reports for that person, with chat logs telling that killer about it.. and they continue to do it.. BAN.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

If the game let's me as a player use the exploit add ons then I shouldn't be banned for using them. I have no idea why one if the addons were not disabled. Many add ons in the game don't work so I see no reason why one more would harm anyone.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Groovy

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited April 2019

I was a bit out of the loop, so it's not very clear to me: is the bug due to the Filthy/Nasty Blade or to the combo of the two addons? I wouldn't like to inadvertently make poeple suffer from this bug, since I tend to use blades addons on Legion.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Now, here we have a problem of what to do? I for one, do not know 100% what the combo is for the exploit, only from what I can piece together from general conversation, but, do you as a company, give details on what the exploit is so people don't use it, or don't say what the exploit is in order to not promote it?

Anyway, unless they give an in-game notification no one should be banned for it, as having a message on forums and reddit etc, cannot guarantee full exposure across the playerbase.

• liviu1911
    liviu1911 Member Posts: 150

same thing, if an innocent use those addons, without knowledge of them being part of an exploit... also in my case, i don't look at the end game chat , most of the time, because it's not a good feature anyway. so if i wouldn't know about the exploit... and not looking at the chat... how i'm supposed to know about it?