Can we stop buffing borrowed time please?

KingB
KingB Member Posts: 747

Seriously, before legion this was a meta perk and everyone agreed it was perfectly balanced. Then legion dropped and BT got buffed, for absolutely no reason. Now it's getting buffed again? Just bring back the pre-legion borrowed time.

Comments

• KingB

@Carpemortum Not true. Unless I'm mistaken you can hear survivors mending. You didnt have to cheese the moonwalk for them to be in your TR mending. Now if you lose them while they have deep wounds you have no way to find them and they have no pressure to mend.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited April 2019

@KingB That's a decent, albeit relatively situational, point. That assumes that the killer hits them, chases them but loses them, and either does not search the area well enough and leaves, or searches to find nobody, as they're hiding in the TR and not mending.

It also assumes they're not running whispers or stridor, already, or in response to the change for just this. The old "perks for every issue" thing.

I would assume it wont be used like that in the endgame, as most people take the hit and run as far away as possible, towards the exit gates.

But, let's be honest, if a killer loses track of someone they're chasing, late game or not, and they believe they have borrowed time, most good killers won't waste time searching for that one person. They'll do a sweep if they lose LoS, and move on, as to not get hung up on one person and let 3 others run rampant.

While I can't argue that there isn't a situation that it is NOW slightly more useful, it being unable to be moonwalk exploited is a far better change than this perceived buff is. The buff, if it can actually be considered that, is minimal compared to the QoL fix it's gotten. It also still does it's job effectively. It is intended to prevent tunneling on an unhook.

Pre-Legion BT would be so much worse. It would go back to killers hitting you and jsut following you around. Which is what the timer was supposed to prevent in the first place.

But I do again have to say, it's a small situation I hadn't fully considered, even as situational as it may be.

• KingB
    edited April 2019

@Carpemortum the moonwalk exploit should have never impacted BT regardless. It was a stupid and un-necessary buff for borrowed time. This is a small buff for BT granted but any buff is unnecessary. I fully believe and always have BT should revert to the pre legion version. It would be like tweaking the speed boost on noed, it's not big but the perk is already strong. Theres no need.

• Carpemortum

@KingB I get where you're coming from about the pre Legion BT, but that version was so much worse. Even if it felt more balanced, the way it worked ENCOURAGED tunneling. It turned into "I hit them, but they're not down yet? F that i'm just gonna follow them until they hit the ground."

At least with the bleedout change that attitude was curbed. Granted you can still tunnel, but if so you actually HAVE to catch up and land that second hit.

I think they should just give BT its own distance values, if withing X meters of killer it won't tick down. Keep it at what a chase distance is supposed to be. This way you cant negate Bleedout with moonwalking, but you also cant hide 25 meters away with no repercussions.

See how that works maybe as a nice middle ground.

• Carpemortum

@KingB True, given how many second chance perks are in game now, putting BT on a base timer would balance things a little better.

BT, MoM (as NOT OP as it actually is), Dead Hard put together could make a 2k into a 0k nightmare.

If the old timer was in place even with them possibly escaping with the other perks, they would eventually hit the ground.

• KingB

@Carpemortum MoM isnt op it's just really unfun like NOED. I have no issue with dead hard tbh, if I don't bait it out I genuinely feel like I got outplayed. I don't feel robbed of anything. If BT was the only anti-tunnel perk I could see it being strong as it is, but there are other viable options now.

• Carpemortum

@KingB Yeah thats what I was saying. If it was the only one it wouldn't be so bad, but considering how people could pair them together with the new TR change may be a bit excessive.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Was it actually confirmed that the Deep Wound changes also affect BT instead of just Legion’s Frenzy?

• Carpemortum

@SnakeSound222 It affects Deep Wounds, the status. Deep Wounds is applied by Feral Frenzy and Borrowed Time. So yeah, it affects both.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Wanna stop buffing Borrowed Time? Stop tunneling.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

What buff did it get?

• Carpemortum

@Dwight_Fairfield It wont tick down while in killers TR, not just in chase.

All of deep wounds got it. So BT was affected.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

It pauses when in the killers radius now no matter if your in a chase or not. The Killers can no longer see the progress bar go down, they'll just see it as full until the survivor goes down or mends. and Lastly, the timer now Pauses when your mending too.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i generally dont understand their logic how deep wounds work...

"when you run at full speed, your wounds (deep enough to make you drop deadly injured after a very short time btw) will neigther open, nor hinder you in any way!" or "when you are somewhere around the killer, the wounds will stay closed, no matter what you do." i dont think thats how real deep wounds are working...

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

They should rename it to "annoying time consuming status"

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited April 2019

People can sometimes endure injuries in fight-or-flight situations. The in-game perks Unbreakable and Adrenalin are based off the same concept of people going beyond their limits in dangerous situations.

• Fres0c0
    Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115

Everyone does realized it was buffed because of legion right

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

OP seems a little confused, with the DW change BT was NERFED, not buffed, therefore if they simply make BT not give DW timer it will be a buff, but from a nerfed position and will still be more nerfed than it was pre legion. (since they reduced the timers also with legion release)

However I agree completely return BT to it's pre legion effect! PLEASE!?!?!?

• thestonedone
    thestonedone Member Posts: 19

If there werent as many killers face camping hooks and tunneling players off them there wouldnt be so many complaints therefore devs have to listen if it gets to a certain percentage of the player base otherwise who would play the game admit this is only to a certain degree i.e if the gates are powered you get a hook etc you wanna proxy but when its the 1st hook at 5 gens what is the point of it ? It cant be banned because of the 2 different situations given and they expect players to respect the difference and this happens to me 8 out 10 games so you cant complain to anyone but the killers responsible for causing the buff to happen

Just my opinion good fog dwellers

• KingB

@HURRI_KAIN No, pre DW borrowed time you would go down in I think 25 seconds at level 3 no matter what. You can say reducing the timer by 5 seconds was a nerf but it really isnt. DW isnt threatening to survivors. Instead of going down in 25 seconds you can extend the chase indefinitely.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Instead of buffing the worthless perks, the borrowed is getting buffed again. Just stop.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

This guy its a legend +1 like he said stop tunneling and they wont buff BT since MoM waa realised i saw alot of tunneling and campers its that insane to be honest

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I don't see how bt got buffed. For me it's just a QoL change to remove cheesing

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
  • Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

How about giving killers some incentive to not tunnel? Like, idk, maybe apply a permanent (albeit pretty small) debuff to a hooked survivor for gen repair speed only? Maybe then you'd see less tunneling, because right now, getting rid of someone ASAP is by far the most efficient way to play.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

if they do that ppl will still camp or tunnel wont work

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you punish people for whatever you think camping and tunneling are, they will still do it as well. The difference is, rewards work better than hitting someone with a baseball bat.

• KingB

@HereComeTheTrapper then it's a good thing you aren't a dev bc the game would be dead within a week if you did that

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

or they will have to play the game like its intended. camping needs to be stopped right away, baning would only be the absolute last solution besides there are already easy solutions for ending camping, which just got ignored cause of dumb complaining killer mains

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Playing the game as intended never included looping around objects like idiots, working on gens while injured, and most of all, using voice comms.

• HURRI_KAIN

@KingB Whether it affects you or not is irrelevant.

Fact is BT was nerfed by adding DW effect and decreasing timer. Think of this, prior to nerf you could get off and go heal, after nerf even if you don't get hit, if you don't get mended you'll go down. It is a nerf. It does weaken the perk. With potato teams or killers abusing the chase mechanics, DW will down you.

The best use of BT was to be unhooked and run to exit. After the nerf you have 5 seconds less to get to the exit, then you are dying. That 5 seconds can mean the difference between escaping and not. It was nerfed. I don't understand why this is even a discussion. It was nerfed plain and simple. lol.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

This perk needs to be deleted.

• KingB

@HURRI_KAIN No, that's not how the perk works. Prior to nerf you had to heal within the timer or you went down. No exceptions.

What? You only get DW if you are hit. Even if killers cheese the chase mechanics that's still harder than actually following them until they drop.

You do understand DW doesn't go down in a chase correct?

• HURRI_KAIN

DW doesn't go down in a game tracked "chase" but that doesn't count all the ways to "break" chase and abuse that game mechanic.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Well, I'M not the one complaining about Borrowed Time.

Be as sarcastic as you want.