Do you use Self-Care?

So, for a long time I didn't use Self-Care. I think it's nice to change up the perks sometimes and honestly I'm doing pretty good without it.

But recently I've gotten into so many situations where I really needed Self-Care badly (yes, I do use Bond and medkits) and made me realize how strong and important it is.

Now I'm confused and I have no idea if I should use it again or if I should keep the non-Self-Care life.

What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Honestly, I think Self-Care takes a long time to fully heal, especially if the killer has Sloppy Butcher, but a lot of the time I felt like I've been weighing my team down because I was wasting too much time looking for someone available to heal me.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I don't worry about healing I get on a gen, usually you should be able to find someone pretty quickly and other times it's not even needed to find other people because all gens are almost done might as well not get healed especially if using adrenaline. But I guess that's just me I can handle being injured before getting chased but I do understand there are other people that would rather be full health. If people focus more on gens than healing especially if people knew if someone was getting chased then you can do gens even faster. With the current gen rush meta it's better not to use SC and wait for adrenaline.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Alright, at this point I'm just trying out different builds with and without Self-Care to see which one fits me the most. Thanks for the reply tho.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Self care takes a while to heal...but most of the time my teammates are idiots

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136

I am playing without SC for ages, i think it just takes to much time to heal and i rather play stealthy then ballsy. Therefor I go with Iron Will.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Pharmacy for life. You usually only need to heal up once or twice anyway.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I run OoO, BL, MoM and DS and I agree with others self caring takes too long and you’re better off rushing gens.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

No but because my build doesnt run an exhaustion perk either atm I will bring a medkit or a toolkit luck offerings in hopes of getting a good medkit or another good toolkit most likely.

• crabby247
    crabby247 Member Posts: 58

I ran self care for a long time but I also run bond. Silly I know. A few months ago I switched up self care for iron will and there is no going back!! I don’t miss it at all and am amazed at how I can loose the killer in a chase while injured because they can’t hear me.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Ran Self-Care, realized i was running mostly injured anyways (because im a potato and got hit almost instantly after healing) and took Bond instead so if i have the chance they will heal me

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

No.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

I used to bring it all the time, but now I just use medkits. They're faster anyway.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Nope, as with others above I find it much faster to have pharmacy and/or plunderers and just loot green kits to my hearts content, most kits last the match anyway (at least 2 heals). I painfully watch other survs self caring in the corner with sloppy while I'm on the hook... let's just say selfcare is kinda overrated...esp with sloppy or nurses...

• FreyatheKind
    FreyatheKind Member Posts: 90

Self care is one of my must haves, though I am starting to take med kits with me lately and I’ve found I’m using self care less and less.

However, on the rare occasion I get a killer with Franklins? I’d really miss having that self care lol.

I think the need for it also varies on if a friend is with you or if you’re with a bunch of randoms.

• danara
    danara Member Posts: 129
    edited April 2019

I don’t run it anymore, as others have said it takes too much time that you could be doing gens.

When I see people running self care I feel like they forget they can actually do stuff injured, and that you don’t always need to be fully healed to do objectives. Instead of running to the hook to get someone off so they don’t go into stage 2 they’d rather self care immediately.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

people don't realize how much time they're wasting when they take self-care, along with the fact that a teammate may have a healing perk along with the ability to see you. Sure it's "ok" when against Freddy but other than that, you're doing the team a disfavor

• SamG528
    SamG528 Member Posts: 4

I played with it when I first started the game, but now a days I don’t really run it. If anything Pharmacy is a better self healing perk because the heals with the med kit are faster.

• Elisabethofhabsburg
    Elisabethofhabsburg Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2019

It is a very good perk and I used it earlier, but now I want to have set of 4 other perks. I have died in the game many times only, because I did not have self-care and could not heal myself/could not find anyone to heal me. Self-care is also useful if you run mettle of man since mettle of man turns off once you enter dying state. I rarely go all the way to dying state if I have self-care equipped, because I can heal myself at any time (when not in chase). I rarely take more than 2 hits in a chase, because I can usually escape with lithe and urban evasion.

Of course, if you have a good medkit.. then you do not really need it.

I have medkits, but I have not used them much. Without self-care I usually end up hunting medkits around the map and it wastes time, which could be spent working on generators. A killer will also more likely hear an injured survivor. With self-care I usually heal myself instantly after I find a safe spot.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Not as long as the devs refuse to fix genrush. Right now its simply better to rush gens and run adrenaline

• Pandifer
    Pandifer Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2019

So help me, if I am on a hook, and I see you in a corner trying to self care through sloppy, you are dead to me. Lol. This happens way too often. Iron will works fine.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

With the new changes to healing and more killers running sloppy butcher with nurses' calling it wastes too much time to heal yourself and is more of an annoyance. Do gens, wait for a buddy and survive on! 😉

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Yes I do. Its a perk I find consistently useful.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

the problem are those filthy survs that unhook but dont heal. they screw up the whole game.

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

50%? Hell no, almost all matches I got mangled and it takes a year to fully heal. I'd rather bring Leader to others survivors heal me faster.

• SnyprLife
    SnyprLife Member Posts: 63

I usually use it along with botany knowledge and a medkit/ pharmacy and plunderers whenever i do use it

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I do but I'm probably going to start just using a med-kit

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

It gets worse the higher up in ranks you go.

Its alright at the start, but I'd take adrenaline once gens start getting pop'd all the time and people are not crouching around the map.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited April 2019

TBH I never really thought about it but, really, Pharmacy is a better version of Self Care right now.

Also, I never use Self Care.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

I mostly play solo and I don't like relying on randoms I get.

If the killer is running sloppy or thana I won't even bother healing.

But yes, I do use it.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I do have self-care equipped usually but I rather work on a generator and wait for a teammate to heal me than heal myself. But I keep it equipped because at some times I just have nobody to heal me but I need to be healthy in order to save others or whatsoever.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited April 2019

I run it. Fun perk.

Edit: Sorry I potatoed, I don't run it. Boring perk.

• Jackikins
    Jackikins Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2019

No. Can't justify running it.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Use it a lot, but only to save time to heal while team can focus on other objectives. If someone wants a heal, then I let them. The 20% efficiency of Medkits really helps me combined with Botany Knowledge.

• No1TheLarch
    No1TheLarch Member Posts: 221

Self care is bad, I would recommend using pharamarcy as you will use less time and get more medkits

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

I do, but I end up getting farmed by my team anyway sooooooooo

• QwrtyMan213
    QwrtyMan213 Member Posts: 243

Only when I'm solo -- I swear I've never seen anyone fail a healing skill-check unless they're healing me.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Yes and i often combine it with Botany Knowledge for faster heals. Very worth it to me

• Trial_By_Scythe
    Trial_By_Scythe Member Posts: 65

A medkit with Botany Knowledge.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Only if i don't have any good medkits to use.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

I'd say it depends on your current build. I found my SC becoming so much more useful while running MoM, but if I don't have MoM on I find it kind of a waste. Just bring in a med-kit.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Never saw the hype with Self-Care. I barely use it.

• daztora
    daztora Member Posts: 10

Nah I don't like to waste myself and others time, when I could be working halfway through a gen

• basicpitch
    basicpitch Member Posts: 101

Yes.

I'm not risking a finger up the bum by randos >_<

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Nah.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

I've collected an assortments of a boat loads worth of medkits. So I don't bring SC as often as I usedto. .o.

Like the others said, games go much faster nowadays. It's especially true once you creep up the ranks.

If I play with swf I never bring SC 92/100 of the time.

But even in solos, if I run out of medkits finding a survivor isn't too difficult because you should just move to a gen and just repair until a survivor finds you or you run into them as you are looking for a gen to repair.

Bond is a nice substitute to SC because it can be very informational on top of the ability to find survivors to heal you.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

Also those annoying survivors that don't let people with wmi heal them despite seeing that the killer is currently getting looped on the other side of the map. Runs to a corner and killer gets them after the killer has dealth with the other survivor.

• Mystaria13
    Mystaria13 Member Posts: 495

I solo 99% of the time and self care is a MUST! I've had teammates that just won't heal me and I've also had games where there's only 2 survs left and the killer hits me but sees the other surv and goes for the easier target and if I can't heal myself then I'm not getting healed and probably not getting hatch either because I'm an easy down. I also use my self care while in chase like at pallets or in other situations. I've actually completely healed myself in chase before but I use it as more of a mind game thing in chases. I used to never run self care but when I started getting teammates that wouldn't heal me or getting chased for a very long time then that's when I put it on. I think the pharmacy perk is useless and have only ever ran it once and that was for adept Quinton. It only guarantees one heal and I have to find a chest and search the chest to be able to heal which wastes just as much time as self care maybe even more. I run bond and I love that perk but I'm not going to run all over the map injured looking for someone to heal me which is wasting a lot of time too. Instead of running all these perks to help you replace self care, just run self care because those perks waste just as much time if not more time than self care in the end.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

Iron Will > Self-Care every time!