Story time with TORMENTED

TormentedSoul385
TormentedSoul385 Member Posts: 71
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
So as I've said in other discussions, I'm not against camping so long as its viable. But if you camp from the get go, I'm not defending you. So here's a story of my own little revenge against a camping wraith....

Not long into a game on Lerys, and first person goes down completely opposite end of the map from me. I'm trying to work on a gen, so I rely on the others to save them. They do, but he is down instantly. I knew instantly that it was a camping wraith. So I left it alone, got two genders done, and by this time the first survivor was dead, and the second was hooked. I thought surely he isn't camping two in a row, I got save him, only to get jumped by the wraith. Of course he goes after the guy I unhook, and it takes a while for him to get caught again. But he still dies after the 4the gen is done. The other guy gets caught and gives up on the hook. But im already being chased...

Luckily, went ended up at the hatch (I didn't even know where it was), and it was hatch standoff time (ugh!!). So I notice next to the hatch is a little area where if someone stood in, they could get blocked in by another person. And the wraith stood there eventually. So I blocked him in. He couldn't move. Not even a little. And I just kept pointing at him, shaking my body or nodding (basically saying don't camp like that). 

This goes on for Ten minutes... Until he finally cracks and hits me. The abuse i got was astounding in PSN messages. 

Using the games environment, I punished a killer for not being fair to those he camped. What do you guys think? Did he deserve to suffer being stuck in one spot?

Sorry its a long one. I have plenty other great moments to share if you're interested that are shorter!
Post edited by TormentedSoul385 on

Comments

• KING_DEDE
    KING_DEDE Member Posts: 402
    Just make he doesn’t get revenge on you because sometimes that stuff tends to backfire 
  • TormentedSoul385
    KING_DEDE said:
    Just make he doesn’t get revenge on you because sometimes that stuff tends to backfire 
    Tbh, I have vs him since, and he can't seem to catch me. But I know he doesn't like me.
  • KING_DEDE
    KING_DEDE said:
    Tbh, I have vs him since, and he can't seem to catch me. But I know he doesn't like me.
    Have fun with that
  • marshmallowking
    marshmallowking Member Posts: 13
    I don’t understand how playing the game mechanics allow is equal to forcing another player to be held hostage in a game, which is what your story appears to me to be highlighting as an acceptable response to something allowed that you personally disagree with on an emotional level.

dont get me wrong I agree that for me your experience would be tilting however I think you are putting yourself in a position for actual bannable bullying. I do not have a solution to the perceived issue, a less entertaining experience because of a killers right to choose a less then interesting way to play  ( a wraith is one of the least powerful and more boring killers imo to play as) But I don’t believe it is your right to punish him by holding him hostage in a match.
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@marshmallowking said:
    I don’t understand how playing the game mechanics allow is equal to forcing another player to be held hostage in a game, which is what your story appears to me to be highlighting as an acceptable response to something allowed that you personally disagree with on an emotional level.

dont get me wrong I agree that for me your experience would be tilting however I think you are putting yourself in a position for actual bannable bullying. I do not have a solution to the perceived issue, a less entertaining experience because of a killers right to choose a less then interesting way to play  ( a wraith is one of the least powerful and more boring killers imo to play as) But I don’t believe it is your right to punish him by holding him hostage in a match.

This is not holding the game hostage.

At any point the Wraith could have hit the Survivor to end the game either by downing or relinquishing the hatch (which he did).

• TormentedSoul385

Hmm, I didn't think of that. I suppose it is something I shouldn't have done.... Nonetheless, even a Wraith shouldn't need to camp from the beginning of the game. I understand if it was late stage of the game, sure. But beginning? I will however apologize to the other player (don't think he is on the forum, and if he is, I don't know his username), cause after what you've said, it is something I shouldn't have done. Although, I will say I wasn't taking the game hostage. Even if I didn't block him in, it was still a hatch stand off, so the game would have gone on just as long anyway. 

I hate the hatch standoff, but I wasn't giving him another kill regardless. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I don't stuff like this any other time, so I'm not one for being toxic or just a d%ck
  • KING_DEDE

Hmm, I didn't think of that. I suppose it is something I shouldn't have done.... Nonetheless, even a Wraith shouldn't need to camp from the beginning of the game. I understand if it was late stage of the game, sure. But beginning? I will however apologize to the other player (don't think he is on the forum, and if he is, I don't know his username), cause after what you've said, it is something I shouldn't have done. Although, I will say I wasn't taking the game hostage. Even if I didn't block him in, it was still a hatch stand off, so the game would have gone on just as long anyway. 

I hate the hatch standoff, but I wasn't giving him another kill regardless. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I don't stuff like this any other time, so I'm not one for being toxic or just a d%ck
    To be technical this would be counted as holding the game hostage by Bvhr sooo yeeeaaaaahhhhh
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Getting that 4th Gender is very important.

• TormentedSoul385
    Vortexas said:

Getting that 4th Gender is very important.

oh my god, I typed this all on my phone and didn't even notice autocorrect had got me again!
  • Tizzle

@KING_DEDE said:
    TormentedSoul385 said:

marshmallowking said:

To be technical this would be counted as holding the game hostage by Bvhr sooo yeeeaaaaahhhhh

No.

Survivors cannot body block a Killer to hold a game hostage.

Especially at the hatch, that is just stupid.

• KING_DEDE
    Tizzle said:

@KING_DEDE said:
    TormentedSoul385 said:

marshmallowking said:

No.

Hey it’s Bvhr’s poorly defined rules not mine
  • marshmallowking
    language like “I blocked him in. He couldn’t move not even a little bit” may be construed by the developers as holding a game hostage. Also if it wasn’t I don’t understand the point of how it would be punishing if you didn’t expect it to be taken in that manner. 

Also @Tizzle a opinion you or anyone else don’t agree with isn’t inherently stupid just because you disagree.
  • TormentedSoul385
    KING_DEDE said:
    Tizzle said:

@KING_DEDE said:
    TormentedSoul385 said:

marshmallowking said:

No.

Well, I don't exactly feel great about that. 
  • Tizzle

@marshmallowking said:
    language like “I blocked him in. He couldn’t move not even a little bit” may be construed by the developers as holding a game hostage. Also if it wasn’t I don’t understand the point of how it would be punishing if you didn’t expect it to be taken in that manner. 

Also @Tizzle a opinion you or anyone else don’t agree with isn’t inherently stupid just because you disagree.

It is stupid because it's completely wrong.

At any time the Killer can hit the Survivor to get out of that situation.

This in no way, shape, or form is "holding a game hostage".

• KING_DEDE
    KING_DEDE said:
    Tizzle said:

@KING_DEDE said:
    TormentedSoul385 said:

marshmallowking said:

No.

Ahh as long as you don’t go blabbing about it you should be good
  • TormentedSoul385

Welp, that's my bad. Good thing its the only bannable Ive ever done then. Like I said, don't this sort of thing often. I just the opportunity and took thinking it was a good idea. Obviously not so much. Bugger. But I've vs him since, I can say he hasn't camped anyone from the beginning of the game ever since.
  • TormentedSoul385
    KING_DEDE said:
    KING_DEDE said:
    Tizzle said:

@KING_DEDE said:
    TormentedSoul385 said:

marshmallowking said:

No.

Thanks. Hey, I see you're a very active member of the forums. Mind if I ask how long you've been a part of the DBD community as a whole?
  • marshmallowking
    Being incorrect is not the same as being stupid. That type of derogatory language is what people with weak arguments use to validate an unsubstantiated claim. If you are correct why do you feel the need to insult anyone? Let your statement stand if it’s correct good for you but if it’s not because you have less intelligence. Smart people can be wrong.
  • TormentedSoul385
    Being incorrect is not the same as being stupid. That type of derogatory language is what people with weak arguments use to validate an unsubstantiated claim. If you are correct why do you feel the need to insult anyone? Let your statement stand if it’s correct good for you but if it’s not because you have less intelligence. Smart people can be wrong.
    Words to live by.
  • marshmallowking
    @TormentedSoul385 sorry if I hijacked your thread.  I actually side with you on the main issue (unnecessary camping) and I do not in any way hope for bad things coming your way.  I’ve seen some harsh things happen to people with the intention of doing something good (which I believe was the purpose of your story, evil wins when good people do nothing kind of sentiment) and I don’t want something like that for you.
  • TormentedSoul385
    @TormentedSoul385 sorry if I hijacked your thread.  I actually side with you on the main issue (unnecessary camping) and I do not in any way hope for bad things coming your way.  I’ve seen some harsh things happen to people with the intention of doing something good (which I believe was the purpose of your story, evil wins when good people do nothing kind of sentiment) and I don’t want something like that for you.
    Thank you, I was a bit confused, so this helps me out. Look, if something bad happens because of the whole scenario, I will deserve it. And like I've said, its the only time I've done something banable, so I'm not too worried. I'll take the ban in any case. 
  • Tizzle

@TormentedSoul385 said:
    marshmallowking said:

Thank you, I was a bit confused, so this helps me out. Look, if something bad happens because of the whole scenario, I will deserve it. And like I've said, its the only time I've done something banable, so I'm not too worried. I'll take the ban in any case. 

You have nothing to worry about.

• KING_DEDE
    edited July 2018
    KING_DEDE said:
    KING_DEDE said:
    Tizzle said:

@KING_DEDE said:
    TormentedSoul385 said:

marshmallowking said:

No.

Thanks. Hey, I see you're a very active member of the forums. Mind if I ask how long you've been a part of the DBD community as a whole?
    About half a year now
  • TormentedSoul385
    KING_DEDE said:

That sucks... Well, can't be a vigilante then. Guess I'll just going back to just doing generators then or playing killer
  • KING_DEDE
    KING_DEDE said:
    Tizzle said:

@KING_DEDE said:
    TormentedSoul385 said:

marshmallowking said:

No.