Prediction For “End Game Collapse”

Acesthetiic
Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

What’s the one thing that killer’s mostly complain about (other than MoM and bugs)? Gen Rush. And rightfully justified.

So, my prediction (possibly others as well) on the End Game Collapse is as follows: The Exit gates are put on a timer (10 minutes? 9? 8?) at the start of the Trial. (If the timer is up before the gens are done, then the exit gates are available to be powered up when the gens are eventually done. (EDIT) and survivors are able to open them as per usual. If the timer doesn’t reach the limit, the exit gates are not powered up and survivors will either need to do an extra objective or wait out the rest of the timer to power them.

Would this be something good for the game? Would it be balanced?

Post edited by Acesthetiic on

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

I expect it to be something like Fortnite/Apex Legends type mechanic where once all the generators are powered there is like a 30 second window before a storm appears in the center of the map. The storm only affects survivors and any survivor caught in it is instantly killed. The storm gradually grows until the whole map is covered. Either get out in a reasonable time or die.

• No1TheLarch
    No1TheLarch Member Posts: 221
    edited April 2019

I dont think anything is needed honestly except maybe doing away with hatch-standoff by getting rid of hatch-grab

I would MUCH rather them focus on fixing audio occlusion that prevents killers from hearing gens and totem cleansing if there is 1 wall in the way. Reevaluating maps for huntress, (each map is getting worse and worse for her). Making Farm tiles not see through, Buffing survivor BP, fixing Infinite loading screen, buffing WGLF, buffing trapper, Nerfing Nurse, reworking MoM, Fixing FPS on Ormond (I get like 20 fps vs 80 on other maps). Giving bloodpoint penatlies for tunneling (like theyve done for camping) Buffing Freddy, Making Head On not exhaustion, Making a ascot for David to wear, a QoL updates that auto reforms SWF after a game, QoL making bloodweb filling faster, Making the spark effect from the lunar patch a purchasable effect (id spend auric on it). Etc......

• Acesthetiic

@Dreamnomad Funny enough, that wouldn’t surprise me to see it be that.

• Acesthetiic

@No1TheLarch Ouch. Bad take. There’s a lot of unbalanced mechanics and broken stuff in this game. Not just the hatch. Gen rush is a problem, certain perks are unbalanced, certain maps for both sides favor one over the other, some killers aren’t balanced, solo survivors need buffs, SWF needs tweaks, pipping system may still need tweaks, matchmaking is awful, FPS still isn’t where it needs to be... Again not just the hatch.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Here's another idea. When the following two conditions are met, a 60 second countdown timer begins that is visible to all players.

1. All generators are done.

2. No survivors are hooked.

At the end of the 60 second countdown timer, the killer can see the aura of all survivors. If the killer puts a survivor on a hook then the effect ends and the countdown timer is reset. 60 seconds is more than enough time to leave after the generators are completed. But if a survivor is hooked, the other survivors can attempt a rescue as normal.

Also, the last survivor alive gains a 150% bonus to generator repair speed. This makes working on gens a viable option as opposed to the hatch.

• No1TheLarch

@Acesthetiic I agree, What I am saying Is there are things I would MUCH rather them focus on then adjusting late game. Although some late game things can be problematic. (ie the survivor spiting the killer by hiding for exactly 14 minutes (holding game hostage is 15 minutes) touching a gen and then hiding... Or that one doctor who only 3 gen strats making people rather just DC then play (its that boring and douchy but if you main doctor you probably are okay with that). Pigs trapping people in the basement or a corner and waiting for your head to explode.... the size of Mother's dwelling and Temple which blows for huntress and other slow killers....

The biggest problem I have with your suggestion is it would be a major buff to the Blendette strategy, Why do Gens if you can just wait for them to be powered? It would make Whispers almost mandatory to find people as you couldnt just patrol gens to look for progress, and for many people the hide and seek part of DBD is the most boring.

• Acesthetiic

@No1TheLarch I said it was a bad take because all you said originally was the hatch is the only needed change. And my apologies, I didn’t word that right. I have edited my post to what I actually meant.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

It will be definitely survivor sided like the legion update.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Yup perhaps like farrnite a storm of the entity from the center to the sides

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Gate Stopper Trapper would become Meta/Overpowered lol

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

To me I just imagine it being the entity slowly devours the map when the exit gates are powered something along those lines.

• No1TheLarch

No The legion update was Funsided. Only problem I have with it is the frenzy speed nerf. But thank goodness the Moonwalking legion exploit is dead and legion can now win games without it.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Yeah, funsided for survivors as always. This end game will be definitely also survivor sided, no doubt.