The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Live Q&A: Post your End Game Collapse questions here!

Comments

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Doing zero gens but can escape the hatch? Sorry but seems broken AF

I see myself selfish all toxic and trolling as surv, doing zero gens, waiting everyone to die just to find hatch and escape

And if the hatch is closed you can't do gens to escape with zero gens cuz gens are blocked, broken too, so ppl will just DC

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

can you change the animation for more ragdoll effect and more vicious like in jaws?

• Lithuanian
    Lithuanian Member Posts: 141

Are we gonna get some related cosmetics with the end game patch? Since we got no chapter cosmetics...

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

This is important for new players, will this new end game collapse be explained and demonstrated in the tutorial for killer and survivor?

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

-So if the killer closes the hatch, the gens are blocked and the exit gates are automatically powered. So the remaining survivor/s can ONLY escape by opening a gate or using a key?

-If the killer closes the hatch to start the collapse, end game perks (like NOED and remember me and blood warden) will activate?

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356
    edited April 2019

Will the hatch now spawn wide open no matter how many survivors are left?

• AlexandruCodarcea
    AlexandruCodarcea Member Posts: 3

So let's say that is one survivor remaining and 5 generators remaining. Now the hatch will open. If the killer close the hatch, the survivor will need to do all the 5 gens to escape, or once the hatch is open (in this situation) will start the end game phase too? And this question to be answered, first we need to know : After the hatch has been closed by the killer, the survivor(s) can open it (like cleanse a totem, i mean a timer and without a key). Thank you for picking my question! Much love !

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    • Will the timer on top of the screen be visible?
    • Wouldn't it be better to start collapse as soon as gens get done?
  • FLaSHFReeZ
    FLaSHFReeZ Member Posts: 2

What was the thought process behind creating this new endgame and what were the previous iterations of it that didn't make the cut?

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited April 2019

How will the Endgame deal with Survivors simply camping the exit gate and waiting for the Killer to close the hatch? If the Killer risks looking at a gate, the last Survivor may run for the hatch, but if the Killer closes it, the camping Survivor freely gets out.

Now we have a new standoff, the Hatch/Gate standoff where the Killer and last Survivor stay far away from each other. Survivors will just camp the gate and wait for the Killer to get impatient and power the gate FOR them. This still gives survivors a free win.

• A8BitShot
    A8BitShot Member Posts: 1

With the new addition to some of these changes, a lot of things will be affected, for example:

-The Left Behind Perk - Since you can no longer repair gens as the last person alive, this perk will be rendered completely useless

-The Left Behind Achievement - Much like the left behind perk you will no longer be able to repair gens, disallowing you to get the achievement

-The Dull and Skeleton Keys - Since the hatch will only spawn when the last survivor is alive the only use for the keys could be letting the survivor open the closed hatch

Could you maybe elaborate on how these will be changed?

• SanadaSpirit
    SanadaSpirit Member Posts: 1

Will the hatch be spawned open now, regardless of how many survivors is alive?

• jaytown00
    jaytown00 Member Posts: 2

Can we please have a % bar above gens?

• mintkerbe
    mintkerbe Member Posts: 1

Lore-wise, why does the Collapse happen?

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Since the hatch will only spawn with one survivor left, what's going to happen to the Where did they go achievement and the keys? Will they be getting reworked?

• Sal_OTB
    Sal_OTB Member Posts: 4

Will opening the hatch with a key mid-game before powering up the exit gates immediately start the end-game collapse?

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384

Are all end game perks getting a rework/tweak with this End game collapse?

• przem484
    przem484 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2019

Idea to open gates as killer to prevent intentional draging away the inevitable is great because, it adds interaction between killer and exit gate, will be there way to close exits? Or it is and necesary risk for them to take? Also those interaction are planned to be similiar in length to survivor ones or shorter?

• Liam2102
    Liam2102 Member Posts: 17

Will we see some Perk changes to fit the new endgame (Noed, Bloodwarden, Etc. ) ?

My idea for a Noed Change:

increases your movementspeed by 4%.

decreases the Collapse time by 40/50/60 seconds.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,013

In the case of a survivor and killer getting to the hatch at the same time when its the only means of escape (i.e. Hatch Standoff), what will occur if closing the hatch is the means to trigger End Game Collapse? Will the killer have priority to close it, or if a survivor goes inactive on the hatch (3 crows), could that also cause the EGC to start?

• DKOuToFConTRoL
    DKOuToFConTRoL Member Posts: 59

Recalling what happened when closing the hatch was last tested: killers would find the hatch, then just camp it until they saw the survivor, then close it so the survivor was toast, at least then there was still the generator option. The Collaspse as it is has this same annoyance with it, people creeping around.

Why not do something like if one survivor is left the Collapse starts, the hatch opens and the gates power, but the hatch is shown just like the gates are shown.

That way there is some strategy on both sides, killer would have to consider going for the hatch to close it, but a survivor could be opening a gate. The survivor would have to decide to risk opening the gate or be caught and lose time hunting for the hatch that may get closed. The killer could even camp the hatch, but risk the survivor going to a gate, but if the spot the survivor going for the hatch, then they win. Truly risk-reward big decision making.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    edited April 2019

If a key is used and the hatch is closed, will the Endgame Collapse still occur even with generators remaining? And if so, are the exit gates powered the same way it is done for the last remaining survivor?

Post edited by Saint_Ukraine on
  • rexydon
    rexydon Member Posts: 42

How is the last survivor supposed to leave if the remaining generators are blocked when the killer closes the hatch.

• Jaarthan
    Jaarthan Member Posts: 47

With this new feature, will we see fixed door positions? Currently some door spawns can be very close together, meaning a lone survivor would have an extremely difficult time trying to open a door if a killer can just proxy both doors quite easily.

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641
    edited April 2019

Is the killer able to see the time remaining on each survivor that entered the End Game?

Post edited by Jimsalabim on
  • Fres0c0
    Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115

After hatch is closed can it be opened back up with a key

• Mikemike04
    Mikemike04 Member Posts: 1

Will the killer have animation for opening the gates ,if so can we see it ? 🔥

• Horror_Gaming
    Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275

If I am the obsession and become the last survivor before all the gens are done. Then the killer closes the hatch before I find it. Will I still be exposed if the killer is running rancor.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

Will the cracking ground effects hinder the killers ability to see scratch marks??

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

When does this go live?

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Do we get more quitter bonus when survivors DC during endgame collapse?

• Kaioken99
    Kaioken99 Member Posts: 30

I'd like to say first that the endgame looks amazing. My question is... Have you taken in consideration if a killer decides to hook a survivor in the basement, and if someone else saves them, the killer proceeds to block the basement stairs to prevent them from leaving and just letting the three minute timer to go down?

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Does the Killer get points when a Survivor is sacrificed by this Collapse?

Also does this mean we could see Killer perks/add-ons that effect this new Endgame? Go faster etc

• DwikeyMain84
    DwikeyMain84 Member Posts: 107

If a survivor opens the hatch with a key when there is 1 gen left and 3 survivors left and I close the hatch before other 2 can escape or even if all gens are done and a survivor opens hatch instead of gate but i close the hatch before all 4 can go through it will that start the end game collapse even though a gate has been opened and hatch had been opened by a key??

• Mewbie
    Mewbie Member Posts: 1

does hatch spawn at the same amount of gens done (Without opening) or is it just there the whole match?

• Nescau_Fernando
    Nescau_Fernando Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2019

Instead of allowing the Killers to open the exit gates, could you allow them to surrender and immediately leave the game once the exit gates are powered without losing bloodpoints?

• BloodfallenTear
    BloodfallenTear Member Posts: 1

Hello! Have you guys taken counter-measures to survivors 99%:ing the exit gates? If so, then what?

• Dwight_Main
    Dwight_Main Member Posts: 69

with this new end game collapse coming on the game with its colorful colors and shaking screens will it somehow affect our frames? im currently running the game on 30-40fps.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

Hi I have one but if the endgame locks out the generators on a solo survivor that's left alive then does that mean the gates can be opened because it seems a bit of a unusable mechanic that punishes survivors that are trying to escape at that point

• MurdocSmith
    MurdocSmith Member Posts: 1

Will this be a stand alone mode or will it affect all games regardless once release?

I think the regular gamemode as of now should still be an option to play instead of having that pressure there for survivors and killers.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

How will you stop killers from abusing the new kill system at endgame with basement blocking any survivors that try to make a save and when bloodwarden is active will the timer tick down normally or slowly if warden was triggerd buy a third hook kill?

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited April 2019

Will remaining survivors be compensated in emblems and bloodpoints if the killer chooses to open the gate before gens are completed?

It is unfair that survivors can be robbed of potential points and probably depip cause the killer decided to end the game early. I’m assuming this can happen based off the video of collapse starting with 4 gens left and 4 alive survivors. I feel this will get abused by salty killers and really don’t understand at all why the killer should be allowed to end the game before the gens are done.

Post edited by Karl_Childers on
  • mynameistaken
    mynameistaken Member Posts: 2

Can you make the scratch marks more distinct from the fire on the ground during the end game? I see this being a issue overall as it will be easier to lose survivors in a chase.

• Mithandris
    Mithandris Member Posts: 10

Can the survivors open the other Exit Gate after the start of the End Game? And if they can do this, will they have any penalty by doing so?

P.S.: I can already see our little friend Bubba camping the exit gates...

• Icewind
    Icewind Member Posts: 8

Imagine a situation. Two survivors remain. Both are wounded in the dying stage. One is hung on a hook and he dies. The one who had left, crawled away. The killer couldn't find it and decided to go close the hatch. He closed it. What's next? What will happen? The survivor has no way to escape. In this case, the collapse timer will go slowly, and the survivor is likely to bleed out. In this case, the killer will find it unlikely without perks, such as "Bitter murmur". Will this outcome be considered? Will the survivor be given the opportunity to stop himself from being killed by the killer or will he be sacrificed immediately after closing the hatch?

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

So if not enough gens are done and the Killer closes the hatch and begins the Collapse, is there any way aside from a Key to open the Hatch again? If not, will keys get a buff to the drop rate?

• mistressdiana
    mistressdiana Member Posts: 56

What will happen to Left Behind with the new end game?

• TheRulerOfNone
    TheRulerOfNone Member Posts: 1

What will happen with blood warden?

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

If you hit a survivor during the entity kill animation with Franklin's demise make them lose their item? Well done btw on the changes.

This discussion has been closed.