Think Collapse through.

HazeHound
HazeHound Member Posts: 814
edited April 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I wish all the survivors mains thought about it one more time. All that End Game Collapse does is removing the hatch stand off and holding the game hostage, nothing else really. People shitting on the twitter post are basicaly people who feel entitled to escape even if they completely failed at game (hatch stand off guys). which will be impossible now.

You opened the gate? Good, now leave, you won.

By closing hatch killer powers up the gates, so you can just sneak arround and open one, and of course the effects are overdramatic as fook but i like them.

Edit: If you have good argument against it how about sharing them, because "yet we now have this "endgame collapse" which basicly means the game itself has to kill survivors because killers are too lame to do it" is not valid complaint. Killer has to find and chase you down. Survivor can sneak arround, juke, loose chase and open gate. There are 2 in game, remember?

Thanks for adressing 2 big problems seriously devs!

Comments

• Yucchi
    Yucchi Member Posts: 250

My only fear is endgame Pig. NOED, Bloodwarden and headtraps.

And bloodwarden itself - bites off 1 minute of timer. Perk activation - well deserved, but it just feels me with worry, but we'll see how it turns out

• Trash_Panda
    Trash_Panda Member Posts: 57

I’d honestly like to see the collapse start when the last gen is finished it would make as some butt clenching games as survivor that’s for sure

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Yucchi My fear is still the basement (which i suppose it makes sense. It should strike fear)

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

@Milo

Basement is a true fear, no matter what... End Game won't change it.

• starpilotsix
    starpilotsix Member Posts: 203

Except it will exacerbate, as long as bodyblocking the basement is a thing. Because from then on, if someone's hooked in the basement during endgame and the killer wants to exploit it, that means, guaranteed, one death, and if survivor rescues while the killer wants to exploit it, it's, guaranteed more than one death. All a killer has to do is wait for someone to be in the basement, and stand in their way so they can't get out until the timer runs out (or until they can't possibly reach the gate before the timer runs out).

Now, personally, I'm fine with killers bodyblocking the basement to wait out Borrowed Time and the like... it's a bit scummy, but it's not game breaking, but I think bodyblocking the basement to wait out the endgame timer is way too much.

Unless of course they alter the basement bodyblocking thing along with the collapse (either changing the whole mechanic, or making it so, for example, while the killer's in the basement/on the stairs, the collapse timer stops, or the killer loses collision during the endgame phase)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Well, not many killers do this, so it's fine. (Same argument is used to ignore how the survivors dictate the pace of a trial, as well as a bunch of other balance problems)

• starpilotsix
    starpilotsix Member Posts: 203

Not many killers do this because it's not an option, because it only becomes an issue once collapse comes in. Right now, at best, bodyblocking the basement gets you one extra down (if that) at the cost of everyone else completing objectives) or annoying people (at the cost of you getting reported for holding the game hostage). As such, yes, not many killers do this. But after Endgame Collapse, bodyblocking the basement potentially gives killers an auto-kill of ANYONE who enters the basement. And I have a feeling that WILL be an issue if it's not addressed.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

KIller closes the Hatch, has Whispers and patrolling Gates by checking Whispers all time. Once he lose Whispers highlight at one Gates means you are moving to next ones, he can patrol area in which Whispers are active and hold you off Gates for 3 mins, add here Remember Me increased time to open Gates and you dead :)