What causes Killers to dodge?

Unicorn
Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I know SWF's is a definite reason but I play solo 95% of the time, so what else would cause a Killer to dodge me repeatedly?

Comments

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited April 2019

Probably if the survivors have many items? I can understand it being "intimidating" if there are something like 4 toolboxes.

Probably Legacy clothing as well.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited April 2019

SWF. Only SWF.

• Ghostul
    Ghostul Member Posts: 42

I play a low rank killer (cause I am #########), and usually dodge when I can tell the survivor in my lobby definitely should not be there. Mostly, P3 or "toxic cosmetics", flashlights paired with that and sometimes DBD related usernames.

I know I shouldn't dodge but it makes it so unfun for me to get bullied by experience survivors when I am at rank 13...

Not saying that's what you do, but those kind of survivors are usually who I try to avoid.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

coincidence. They might ready up and then get interrupted for out of game reasons, or even just get impatient. Kinda like why survivors sometimes randomly leave the lobby they obviously aren't dodging the Killer they haven't seen yet.

Also connection.

• Unicorn

Describe “toxic cosmetics.” I’ve never heard that before.

• Ghostul
    Ghostul Member Posts: 42

Basically anything super bright and flashy. The "I am trying to be chased all game" outfit.

For the most part, only experienced players would wear an outfit that makes them easy to spot.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

I dodge if:

-swf

-4 toolboxes

-cringy dbd names or flashy outfits with a flashlight

-high pings

-i see a key but i usually don't notice it

-i play a low tier killer and they bring flashlights, i dont mind them on other high tier killers though

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76

For me it’s flashlights, they just make me kinda mad so I don’t like playing against them.

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

The only lobbies i dodge are when i am playing the hag and see flashlights

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Because they don't think survivors should be allowed to bring in items.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Trials that have survivors who seem to want to ruin their trials. You are just one of four, so don't think it's all about you.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

*Pulls out an entire book*

This is a 50 page book on why they dodge

1.Flashlights

2.SWF

3.A team they just faced and lost to enters the lobby

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

For me it's when the surv are lagging like crazy but still decide to stay, i know my net can be bad but it's not always my fault, kinda tired of getting blamed for this when they could just leave, so i dodge instead so they stop spamming me for it.

For others killers, it's usually when the team has 4 toolboxes or when it's obviously a SWF with instaheal and stuff (When it's easily noticeable, like very cringy names that gives it away).

• Reiverdemon
    Reiverdemon Member Posts: 16

When i want to play wraith but i see 2+ flashlights.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Red ping that doesn't leave.

• Unicorn

How would a Killer know that they loaded up a trial of survivors that want to ruin there fun is what I’m interested in getting answers for. I don’t think you understood my question.

• Orion

Flashlights are often used to troll, so those are usually dodged. Trolls also often wear certain outfits, those are dodged as well.

If you want to know more, play killer for a while. You'll get the general idea.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

For a lot of killers if they think the challenge will outweigh them having fun they’ll dodge. That’s basically the answer.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

If i see super dark clothing, like a p3 claudette or brown cosmetic claudette. I find immersed survivors so boring to go against, especially on dark maps.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

the killer sucks and doesn't want a challenge

• Unicorn

So pretty much what I’m getting from the posts in a synopsis is that it varies depending on what the person playing Killer is comfortable with going against (Toolboxes, Certain cosmetics, Flashlights, ect)

Thanks guys 💜

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I get dodged as a solo sometimes. I chalk it up to them thinking I’m part of their group.

Killers don’t like it when multiple toolboxes or flashlights are in the lobby. It usually signifies a bad time.

• Orion

Why do you bring in items and perks and play with SWF? Don't you want a challenge?

• Entropius
    Entropius Member Posts: 63

Gonna be 100% honest. I dodge when I see a key. I don't like early unavoidable escapes.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I know a few friends dodge because of keys and maps. They hate seeing maps especially because the totem won't last any time.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited April 2019

Please note @Orion. Not everyone plays SWF or brings items. Complaining about survivors bringing perks is laughable, too. They're there for a reason. If people want an extra challenge to test themselves, they're more than welcome, but it isn't like killers don't have add-ons and perks they can use. Also, not everyone brings items and killers have Franky's, too. You can nullify items if you want.

I've heard they stopped allowing survivors to see names because they would dodge people for achievements, etc. Just wondering why it's okay for the other side to do the same thing.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited April 2019

Lack of balls, and self confidence probably.. I play with everyone, i don't care if they are a 4 man swf. Some people just don't accept the challenge and want easy matches.

Oh and if you butthurt a killer sometimes is also a reason they dodge you.

• Orion

Not complaining, just pointing out the double standard.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Can’t tell you since I don’t dodge.