IDEA FOR GENERATORS

Options

As you all know at rank 1 a game takes on average around 4 mins within this gen-rush meta. This is an idea to slow down the game a bit.
What if survivors had to find parts for the generators in order to fully repair them?
For example: you can repair a gen with your bare hands to 50% and after that you have to put in a missing part and continue the repairs and if the killer kicks it after that it goes down only to 50% so its like a checkpoint. Ofc those values can be tweaked.

What do you think?

Comments

• S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Good idea, but where to "hide" the parts? In itemchests or lockers maybe? How many parts spawn on the map? Can killer collect them also? And Drop them when he get stunned in any Kind? Lots of questions to answer, but to slow down the gen-rush, its a great idea.
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    They should just make it so each gen takes 30 seconds longer to complete and see how survival rates change to see if it's a good move.
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options

I think every killer want surv make gens slower this is why almost every one take ruin becose he don't have time!Before you hook somone avarage is 1 person on 1 hook and in this time surv got alredy 2/5 gens done.

• AshleyWB
    Options
    What if there was a penalty to repair speed when there is a survivor on hook. Then you wouldn't get survivors saying "oh I'll just finish this gen first" so much.
  • TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Options
         I don’t know... any changes solely for rank one players would be pretty drastic for the game. Remember, not every player enjoys using the same tactics, perks, and “personality”.
         I still sometimes make selfish decisions, and because of this; No player (random ones) would really want to be in a SWF group with me. 

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

@AshleyWB said:
    What if there was a penalty to repair speed when there is a survivor on hook. Then you wouldn't get survivors saying "oh I'll just finish this gen first" so much.

This would promote hardcore camping. Survivors hate slow Gen speeds (it's boring) and would swarm the hook to remove the penalty, like the Killer ringing a dinner bell. Even B&C didn't remove camping because without silhouettes, Killers won't leave (assuming they're nearby and not hiding behind gens). I think some alternative objectives added to the game to extend the length would help out more than a change to the generators themselves, or like a breaker-switch for full progress.

• Esoteric
    Esoteric Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2018
    Options

@AshleyWB said:

This is called Thanatophobia; no one uses it.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

@AshleyWB said:

I feel the devs should make this a perk... Or a prestige reward... that's another topic that should be made unless it has already been made and I haven't found it.. Prestige rewards should be a thing other then just getting better rng in the blood web.. Bamboozle would have been a great prestige reward as well.

• Bravo0413
    Options

@Esoteric said:

@AshleyWB said:

what if this was a stronger penalty... 1 that actually counters leader and toolboxes. like do something obnoxious 1 person hooked they lose 40% 2 people 80% repair speed.. do different tiers maybe if it becomes a perk.. prestige reward would be beneficial though that way all the killers would be benefited by this...

• Esoteric
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:

@Esoteric said:

@AshleyWB said:

what if this was a stronger penalty... 1 that actually counters leader and toolboxes. like do something obnoxious 1 person hooked they lose 40% 2 people 80% repair speed.. do different tiers maybe if it becomes a perk.. prestige reward would be beneficial though that way all the killers would be benefited by this...

I too, think a Thanatophobia buff would be nice.

• Bravo0413
    Options

@Esoteric said:

@Bravo0413 said:

@Esoteric said:

@AshleyWB said:

I too, think a Thanatophobia buff would be nice.

This would only be active if someone is hooked. It encourages to not camp and slows the game.. thanataphobia is garbage.. one that works when hooking someone and rewards by sowing the game down would be great. thanataphobias reward is too small and works upon injuring this one is for hooking only.

• Esoteric
    Options

"Injured, dying, and hooked survivors."
    However thanatophobia's action decrease is too low, yes.

• AshleyWB
    Options
    What about a killer perk where once a survivor is hooked the entity blocks off 2 random generators until the unhook is made. This would have cooldown of 1 or 2 minutes.
  • AshleyWB
    Options
    Killers need a way of passively slowing down objective progress.What if generators sometimes Jam and require fixing in order to restart repairs.
  • Bravo0413
    Options

@AshleyWB said:
    What about a killer perk where once a survivor is hooked the entity blocks off 2 random generators until the unhook is made. This would have cooldown of 1 or 2 minutes.

the cooldown wouldn't be needed especially with how fast saves are made when a killer isn't camping... it should activate whenever the killer hooks someone and it should block off gens (similar to how the entity blocks windows) that are being worked on, if someone is working on the gens that are blocked off it hurts (doesn't injure.... maybe it does??) the survivors causing a scream and notification to the killer to promote the killer to leave the hook..

• AshleyWB
    Options
    Good idea. Worked on gens only but I think entity spikes should come from gen and also injure those who are working on it at tier 3.
  • The_Love_Handle
    The_Love_Handle Member Posts: 7
    Options
    I think it would be a bit more balanced if the spikes were on a timer. For instance, maybe I don't want to save that survivor. I think the spikes should go away after the first sacrifice phase is complete and they start to struggle. This way if the killer camps a hook next to a gen that has yet to be touched, the survivors don't have to wait for the guy to die in order to continue gens. This will discourage camping even further and let the survivors punish you if you do camp.