Pressing "W" should not cancel healing. Please consider reverting this change

It's very annoying, you can't even touch your keyboard/controller or heals get canceled. Please change it back to having to hold shift or emoting in order for healing to get cancelled. It causes so many unintended cancels each game and just is annoying and wastes time.

This heal cancelling mechanic ruins plays like these: https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertQuaintDuckDAESuppy

The Meg is trying to crawl, and the Bill can't block the pickup via healing. This tech is no longer possible in solo queue.

Comments

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Yep,it is annoying as hell.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

It used to be sprint to cancel but they removed that because it activated sprint burst.

But if you cancel the heal because the killer is on his way, you probably want that sprint burst. If the killer isn't on his way, it doesn't matter that you activated sprint burst.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

If you don't want to be healed, you shouldn't be forced to use Sprint Burst especially if you don't know where the killer is.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@Kind_Lemon - It should be mapped to a key to cancel then.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

It should be mapped to the secondary action button, if you press space bar (or wathever you have it binded) it cancels the healing for a few seconds.

• tatterz
    tatterz Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2019

So because of Sprint Burst, we have to annoyingly deal with canceled heals every game and deal with the removal of some tech?

Yeah, just bind canceling to something else. It's a not a bad idea to Sprint burst far from the hook, anyways.

Better yet! Why not make the tips found on the loading screen actually useful tips for new players - tell them that holding shift negates healing options.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I also had a game where I had an insta-med and tried to heal someone. The moved a bit, so I fast vaulted the pallet instead.