Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Easy Fix to Ranked System

Azakura
Azakura Member Posts: 68
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
I propose that 20 ranks is far too many when considering that they are reset every month. This makes for long or inbalanced queues. If it were cut to 10 ranks instead then we would see faster ranked times and retain more of our post rank reset status. Perhaps make each rank take an extra pip to not exactly cut out all the other ranks.

Edit: This would also severely help with skilled killers getting rank reset and playing with new survivors.

Comments

• Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77
    If the Devs had half a brain the rank resets would take place every 3 months when the new patches roll out. 
  • RagingRealm
    RagingRealm Member Posts: 70

It already doesn't take that long to reach rank 1 if you're actually competent enough to get there. Halving the ranks would just mean more incompetent people at the top and rank 1 meaning even less.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Disagree, having no problem with queue times here, if people want to play with new survivors they can easily derank themselves back to 20

• Azakura
    Azakura Member Posts: 68

It already doesn't take that long to reach rank 1 if you're actually competent enough to get there. Halving the ranks would just mean more incompetent people at the top and rank 1 meaning even less.

I pip 70% of games, double pip 10% of the time and safety pip 15%. I have a job and a busy life, but I play at least 10 hours a week and no it is not quick to rank up to 1 with that amount of hours. Making less ranks would still match you against higher skilled players, just decrease the amount of time to get there.
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Increase total ranks to 30, extend ranked season to 3 months, add in rewards for getting red rank and keeping it for the season. Separate red rank rewards for killers and survivors. So getting both to red ranks, gives rewards for both sides. 
  • JP_Cloud
    JP_Cloud Member Posts: 173
    Or have new players NOT enter the ranks until they have a few games under their belt. 
  • BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    RemoveSWF said:

Just get rid of ranks altogether. Sometimes games will be hard, sometimes games will be easy.

The current system is a mess - everybody wants to be at Rank 20 because the high ranks are so #########.

So much of this game will be improved just by deleting the crap. Get rid of the chat window at the end too, it's 99% grief. Get rid of the report form, it's 99% false reports.

Delete Decisive Strike and Delete SWF and this game will be halfway decent.

I agree with everything RemoveSWF says except the remove SWF part!  X-D
  • Taelance
    Taelance Member Posts: 100

why not have less ranks and have a game mode that allows a non-ranked system so it is just casual games rather than ranked

• Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 228

@Taelance said:
    why not have less ranks and have a game mode that allows a non-ranked system so it is just casual games rather than ranked

because splitting the playerbase kills