End game is not a win for killers.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the idea. It causes a bit of pressure on survivors when the end game is in play. But I don't think that the end game is gonna close off and kill survivors. But should it? For me its 50/50.

I think its a really cool idea. but the odds of survivors getting killed by that is gonna be rare. There isn't nothing stopping a survivors from leaving after they open the exit gate. Because of a bad/dumb teammate gets caught, your not gonna risk a win for there bad plays. Let alone the timer for the end game slows when someone is hooked and dying on the ground. So you could try and go but its more than likely survivors are gonna just leave and again I don't blame them.

On there other hand I don't think this should be second chance for killers. I've seen people posting that Good survivors wouldn't get killed by this. And it shouldn't, As of right now it doesn't seem threatening as survivor as well. I would say make the timer maybe 2 mins and 30 secs, remove the slow down when a killer downs or hooks. The end game starts when the last gen is powered. It takes 20 seconds to open a door. Remember me adds 30 seconds on the door and Blood warden is 1 min if both of them where in play you would still have a whole 30 seconds to leave. I would like the end to be more an "oh ######### I gotta leave soon" rather than "Meh I got some to kill"

Comments

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

This is just a timer.

People are hyped like crazy, but it's really not a big deal.

The only survivors that will get caught by this are the ones who do it deliberately and the ones who fall for a killer's endgame trap.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

It's not really supposed to be a weapon, it's there to help with the epidemic of people staying in the gate room until they get hit out, running back in to find the hatch, going to hide somewhere because the killer offended them somehow.

Basically the entity wants it's noms and is tired of waiting on survivors.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@SpaceCoconut And it'll kill people who rely on hatch escapes when the other 3 die.

Close the hatch then go from door to door with whispers for 3 minutes.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

even if it doesn’t kill them it will make them leave. And they can’t do a neverending attempt to unhook a friend you hook at the end.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

nobody said it was an instant win for killers, it will just make survivors more cautious and fear the killer more, as they should

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

it's not meant to be a win for killers, its supposed to be a loss for survivor's who wanted to spend an inordinate amount running around before they exit.

Sometimes if the killer is really bad i'll try to collect items in chests before i head out, now i have a death timer so a mistake made during that time could now potentially turn lethal.

• basicpitch
    basicpitch Member Posts: 101

Its not even live yet. Give it a chance. As a killer and survivor I've watched people faff about so they could take the time to teabag or camp or whatever. Maybe it will bring changes. Maybe not and get tweaked.

We'll see.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I don't see it being much more than a push out an already open door. Take away the visuals and it looks like the Dev's saying, "survivors you won, leave rinse repeat". Ofcourse Im interested to see which killers can possibly enforce endgame repercussions.

• Botany_Meowledge
    Botany_Meowledge Member Posts: 14

I actually like the concept. I play more of a survivor, but sometimes hop into killer if I feel like it.

It's not supposed to give killer kills and that's what some people don't seem to realise. It's supposed to stop hours of hatch stand-offs, lockers hopping, t-bagging at the gates and hiding from the killer for eternity.

3 minute timer and slow down if someone is hooked/slugged is fine in my opinion. It's not that long and you'll HAVE to leave at some point, otherwise it's a free kill.

There are going to be interesting plays with NOED, BW, RM etc., which is totally fine.

I'm just sad that the devs are trying to solve problems this community points out - Closing the hatch was requested frequently, so they implemented it, but to balance out, remaining gens will pop and the timer will start, which seems fair. Some players are angry, because "the timer is slow, closing the hatch is free escape for the survivor (nope)" etc.. There are already perks that give you second chances if you fail at applying pressure and this mechanic is not supposed to do so.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

I just want to know what the nerfs are that they said they're going to be handing killers for this change. I know, at the very least, that they've said they're nerfing Pig, Remember Me, and Blood Warden so far. That's way bigger than any change they're making to the timer itself.

• Trash_Panda
    Trash_Panda Member Posts: 57

Not gonna lie, I kinda wanna wanna play wraith and hook one in the basement and when one or two people run down for the save block the stairs so they can’t leave for 3 minutes loooool

• Rie
    Rie Member Posts: 86

I think we should test it out before talking about possible changes. The only thing I agree with is that the collapse should start when the last generator gets done.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

What do you mean with "technically"?

They ARE on a visible timer. Multiple warning sirens. They die if they dont gtfo.

And yet theyre stupid enough to fall for te obvious bait.

Its even better if they know its 100% their fault for dying in the basement.😋

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The end-game is basically a more comsetically pleasing solution to survivors refusing to run out the door. I'd consider it an overall buff for SURVIVORS since they're no longer stuck in a game with the killer in case their team cannot fix 2 generators before they're all out, thanks to the hatch now spawning no matter how many generators were fixed.

• Spectro
    Spectro Member Posts: 42

I wouldn't consider the new hatch mechanic a buff to survivors. It's definitely killer sided as it should be. It'll have plenty of counter play.

If the killer finds the hatch first, they can close it to start the end game or camp it until they see the survivor to then close it and start the chase. If you close it you only have to patrol between the 2 gates and you'll have a very decent chance of killing that last survivor.

If the survivor finds the hatch first, they jump in and escape.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

I just can't wait until two doors spawn next to each other with the hatch inbetween.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    edited April 2019

just camp the gate until the killer closes the hatch and open the gate, they even reduced the time to open it OMEGALUL

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    edited April 2019

They even nerfed Remember Me :,-(

When will the violence (against killers) stop?!