Camping hook progression Balance Update

When killer is in terror Radius of the hook then hook progressions stops until the killer is outside of this radius,

perks to change killer radius like insidious and other perks changing killers radius will work along with this.

this is to prevent camping killers and overall better game play for new and old players of this game.

Basement hooks should be immune to this balance change as basement hooks are basement hooks.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

So from what I am getting from this is that you want everyone to play by your rules?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No.

• Anvil
    Anvil Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2019

I agree with the general consensus on camping the hook (patrolling and face-camping). There are a lot of posts about it. However, it's a legit strategy that should be punishable by gen rush, which rarely happens and when it does, still isn't quite enough to deter the behavior.

My suggestion: Allow survivors to counter with a perk that does similar to what is suggested in the original post. Now, there is risk on both sides. Camping killers can choose to wait to see if the survivor has the perk. Survivors burn a perk slot that will often not be useful. Of course, once the exit gates are powered (or one is open), the perk becomes inactive.

Every play-style should come with some amount of risk and reward.

Post edited by Anvil on
  • LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    edited April 2019

@Anvil

Perk working based on terror radius is not an answer to this, facecampers will just use wraith, pig or insidious perk or even a nurse with monitor and abuse... also i already see the problem with big terror radius killers on a small maps.

In the end this perk wont do its job and it will be just a debuff for low mobbility killers with large terror radius because even a couple of seconds can change the outcome of the game.

• kabarekabal
    kabarekabal Member Posts: 57

@OP: "When killer is in terror Radius of the hook then hook progressions stops until the killer is outside of this radius."

Easily surpassed by tunneling at a distance with a direct sight, and being able to quickly come/kill the injured surv. and place him again on the hook.

E.g. hillbilly, spirit, nurse, wraith etc.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited April 2019

Already been tried out by the devs and survivors abused it so the devs said no and never brought it up again.

• kabarekabal
    kabarekabal Member Posts: 57

How did they abuse it? You shouldn't judge it by select pro players, this solution will work out normally in general ranking games, wherein strangers play with each other.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

They were strangers playing with each other, and games should be balanced at the top.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Wow who wouldve guessed that the reason survivors cant have nice things is survivors?

• Petraaahh
    Petraaahh Member Posts: 208

This is literally suggested Evey week on this forum and every week the dbd vets have to remind op that this was implemented before and didn't work at all.

Can we please put an end to this suggestion!

In b4 next week "hey guys I've got a way to counter camping!!!!!"

Neeeeext

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

"When killer is in terror Radius of the hook then hook progressions stops until the killer is outside of this radius,"

This has been tried out in a PTB and it was abused as ######### by survivors. Please stop suggesting the same stupid idea over and over again.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited April 2019

The devs put an idea in that if the killer was in a set radius of the hooked survivor, then the progress meter would slow down/ stop on the hooked survivor, Survivors started forcing the killer to chase them around the hooked survivors area, keeping the killer there while one survivor or such would do gens and others would be at the hook not even attempting to save the person on the hook, it started happening in the PTB commonly if the killer chased another survivor too the hook so the devs removed it and hav'nt said a word about it since.

And no it would not work in general games, as has been said already, the devs already did this in ptb and the survivors abused it so it did not go through from the ptb.

It's honestly such a well known case of the fact survivor do intend to abuse it since they immediately started it in the ptb that in all honesty...I would consider anyone who says it's a good idea to be directly intending to abuse it again.