Does Claudette have a “big” hiding advantage?

Options
johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Right now I’m at 40 with Claudette and meg, deciding if I wanna level a third survivor with their teachables or just continue Claudette?

so as someone who plays as a survivor or killer, do you think Claudette has a serious advantage hiding, especially on dark outdoor maps?

Comments

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136
    Options

Still you should not only rely on her hiding ability alone, so often i just spotted a Claudette that thought she is invisible.

(but at the other hand i can´t say how much invisible Claudettes i just passed by... for obvious reasons^^)

• _LC
    _LC Member Posts: 105
    Options

The thing is that not only Claudettes are stealthy AF but she's also a female character. I mean, I main Jeff right now. He's a little bit fat and loud as #########, basically even if you are not injured he scream like crazy all the time hahahaha so yeah there's that.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Good point, I’ve caught sooo many Claudettes who thought they were invisible as well so I don’t want it to be my main point of playing her but since she had some good perks and can learn adrenaline and sprint from Meg I’d just like it to be an extra bonus to her

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    Options

p3 claudettes on macmillan maps are a nightmare, especially with mist offerings >.>

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Go red forest and crouch down in the shadowy areas.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Yes

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193
    Options

With the right clothing and a dark corner to hide in, Claudette is great. As a survivor, I've often had killers run right past me, or lost them in a chase because I could hide. However, I know these tricks so when I play killer, I try to pay attention to these dark areas.

It's not a 100% reliable, but it can really help you escape the killer.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited April 2019
    Options

I really think they should rework some sprites of Claudette. Just had a game with 3 of them wearing the same stuff, obviously why.

Saw one of them by accident because there was a strange black dot where it should not be. It was her head sticking out of the grass. On a plain field. Just sitting there. No textures at all, clothes not visible, just her hair being a darker spot abouve the grass. That's bull****

They sandbagged a normal clothed Feng so I thought seems to be easy. Then I got just one or two more hooks, because they disappeared several times in the chase. Twice noticed why: they just crouched behind a wall corner, all having Silent perk.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    edited April 2019
    Options

A bit, because she has darker clothing, darker skin, and pitch-black hair. I don't normally run dark clothing, however. I typically wear the default shirt with her denim shorts.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    Options

Yup, it's been kind of absurd for the entirety of the game's existence but they can't really fix it now without people getting pissed.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Yes, she is amazing for immersed players.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

She can have a huge hiding advantage. I tripped over one once while she was blending in with a brick wall and did not even see her until I got stuck on her and she moved.

I was also playing a survivor.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

The number of times I've run into a couching Claudette as both Survivor and Killer without realizing it is insane. And as a Killer I'm always like "######### when did they put a rock in the grass/corn here?" and then I go around it, pause and realize it was Claudette. Every. Single. Time. lol

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

She definitely has a natural advantage in the staying hidden department. I would put some points into David though so you can unlock WGLF to help with the grind.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

It depends on what you're wearing and the map, but Claudette does have an advantage to survivors. I was watching Farmer John play Legion and a teammate got stuck on a mending Claudette 'cause they didn't see her. It was really funny.

That's Claudette in a nutshell, though.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

She does but only on some maps.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Most maps. She has a clothing set that will blend her with every map except Mount Ormond cause the lighting is weird on that map.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2019
    Options

You dont get it. I can see her well on every map for example when i want to chainsaw her and only on MacMillan i may lose her sight because settings too dark

• basicpitch
    basicpitch Member Posts: 101
    Options

I have literally sat nose to nose with a killer in the cattails on in the swamp sweating it out as I crouched wondering if he was looking at me. He turned and walked away. I may have peed myself a little. She has a HUGE advantage. However, I'm an incredibly spastic player so it evens out. XD

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

In some maps, depending on clothing, yes.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Well, they make a lot of changes that piss people. Shouldn't be the argument if the game simply gets more fair by it

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Y'all need to see @Cymer 's "Spot the Blendette." That'll show you the truth.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

Claudette has a huge advantage in darker maps like Mac Millan Estate, but in many maps she also does not get to benefit so it really depends I guess.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

She does have a distinct advantage, but problem is blind killers are blind man. Jokes aside I have seen people try and use her to hide in open locations a lot in spots that wont hide her. The name seems to be all there is to her anymore.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

Pay attention to the Survivors in your lobby and use your context clues (scratch marks, generator progress, etc.) There's a limited amount of places they can hide and if you play a lot of Survivor you've just got to be a bit more observant and know the spots to find an immersed Claudette.

• MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289
    Options

Yes, being black and having dark clothing gives a massive advantage on a dark map with tons of obscure errs for line of sight

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    Options

Both her dark brown and grey clothing sets are great. Makes life a lot easier for new Survivors.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Well, i think here advantage is not as big as some people make it out to be. First, it depends on the map, and while i love hidding with her, i had very similar success with p3 meg or p3 jeff. But since for me the game is more hide and seek than chases, i like it that way.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

She obviously has an advantage over all other survivors. If she has on dark clothing it is a nightmare. Having a Blendette on Coldwind, MacMillan, Yamaoka, Swamp, or even Haddonfield is a nightmare. That’s why a lot of killers lobby dodge if over half the lobby is playing Blendette.

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126
    Options

yes, the amount of times i bump into p3 clauderinos and then wonder why i cant move, and then relise that they are in from of me makes me question if claudette knows an invisibiity spell.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    Options

I just boring being invisible.

I love make the killer ragequit with my broken survirvor perks and infinite loops!!

its more fun than just press ctrl for the entire game...