As expected new Legion is garbage

Stun is super long, vaulting is much slower, hitting multiple times in frenzy does nothing without mix tape and deep wounds is now a super safe mechanic.

You lose your entire power when stunned too despite Legion now being a generic M1 killer that needs to eat pallets.

When missing an attack you do indeed lose your entire power which i'm guessing is a bug since @Peanits said it shouldn't.

This Legion update should be cancelled they did way too many nerfs at once to make it fun to face. They made it un-fun to face survivors as Legion in result.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

👍️

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

Now, Legion ist trash. Weaker as Freddy. i believe thats the way they want to buff Freddy. Just nerf every other Killer until Freddy is the better choise ;)

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

For what it's worth, the Enduring perk might help reduce the longer stuns.

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

It doesn't. Legions power Stun can be reduced through addons. Thats it.

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224

*spits on Legion's grave*

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

The devs will most likely buff him next patch to a stable level, like they did with Spirit.

With his old power, he was too unstable to buff without making him another Nurse. Now they have a solid foundation for the character. They listened to us with this one. I'm making a thread to explain it to people.

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269

Music to my ears. Legion being nerfed to the bottom of the sewer is the best thing. You done good devs.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Why do the devs only listen when Survivors want Killers nerfed into the dirt? Hell, it took two years to get DS balanced and they buffed it again in two weeks anyways. Is Legion going to get buffed in two weeks too?

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Just posting so you can have another one who thinks the nerfed Legion is horrible :-(

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Once again, more emotion and no logic. Give a reason for hating Legion. We have a bin out back full of them!

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

@My_Dude Honestly thanks for this, I know you were trying to be serious but I just imagine a surv ducking behind a wall and Myers making the ugghh stun noise in an offended way.😂

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

Ok so guess I need to only play nurse every game every time.

And I don't wanna hear anybody complain about boring or unfun as I choose from here on out to only play nurse.

Time for me to get good!

• Ahardie
    Ahardie Member Posts: 69

Sorry devs, but gotta agree. Some of the alterations I can agree with to a degree some of the alterations, but a missed attack draining the entire power gauge is note a good thing. Surprisingly hitting people can be quite hard as they dart back and forth.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

My guess is it'll get changed to %the bar depending on how many times you've already used it. But this is a good place to start from the ground up and see how it works with everything else.

The PTBs only been out less than a day and people are already blasting things, heck it was out for 5 minutes and Reddit was doing what everyone in here is doing. But just like with the healing nerfs, exhaustion changes etc, test it out and see what the end result will be.

Spirit went through the same thing and they listened to our feedback and gave her a 15 second charge timer and some qol buffs after she was live.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Yeah but you cant blame them, they release MoM and instead of doing anything with it, they release the end game collapse which is completely survivor sided.

It is nice to know they will listen to our feedback but I doubt they will fix much.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

thats great! I hope not to see Legion in matches anymore~

• bkillerc
    bkillerc Member Posts: 142

Make sure to give feedback after the ptb officially... It's all that can be done

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Mom is going to get fixed and for that it needs data points similar to the bug fixes, the more it gets used the more they can see how to tweak it. The end game collapse is survivor sided anymore than it's killer sided.

It forces people to leave and end hatch standoffs which is what most of both sides have wanted. The issue is that some on both sides only view this through the lens of which side is winning.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845

As expect, the legion changes eliminated countless BS exploits and gave him a 115 movement speed

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

Yes, but hes literally worse than freddy. People telling us to wait for the ptb, or legion would be a Noed-like killer, thought that legion would be better except the amount of nerfs it got cause some are delusional. Basically I think this mid-chapter patch, will make me take a break from dbd for awhile. I really don't want to play against Mom, ds, and the new meta perks guarantee a second chance for survivors

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

Legion was garbage pre nerf too. Legion has garbage game mechanics from a garbage design that will always be garbage no matter how nerfed they get. Legion is still annoying to play against. Annoying doesnt mean too hard to beat, it means not enjoyable in the slightest.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

All my killer mains, we should push for 4k under 3 minute being the balance standard!

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

@TheRoyalOwl "end game collapse is completely survivor sided"???? What are you talking about? I think it is pretty fair all around, but if there is a bias then it is in favor of killers. Remind me what happens when the 3 minutes are up.

• TheAngryPickle
    TheAngryPickle Member Posts: 73

Legion losing all his power when missing isn't a bug, it's a feature. :) Git gud baby killers.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Remember when I said "I don't regret buying Legion with real money"? I guess the devs were like: "hold my beer"

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

Except now Legion isn't fun for anyone, ever. So you got what you wanted; Killer deleted, a lot of peoples' favorite Killer dumpstered, the game worse for the people that actually provide said game.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

A speed change that doesn't mean anything. Most 4,6 speed killers are weak to looping. Legion is now one more of them in the low tier list. Why don't you try to be impartial instead of survivor sided?

No one can't deny that his power is now useless and that he is another weak m1 killer susceptible to looping.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

hold on now.

Yes new legion is bad. But worse than Freddy?

Remember, Freddy's power is literally negative utility. Or in otherwords a 115% Killer who has base stats and Literally no power is better than Freddy.

As bad as Legions power is, he still has SOMETHING. Freddy's power is just a mandatory head start for survivors in a chase. If they get away then they wake up, if they are downed then they wake up.

• Okuu46
    Okuu46 Member Posts: 93
    edited April 2019

Not really? If done correctly, Freddys power can actually take control of the game, withholding survivors in an endless dream realm; which makes the game go by slower then usual.

Legion on the other hand, is just like you said; a killer that moves at 115% the speed; His power has no negative effect whatsoever towards survivors and the game; Yeah he may walk fast, but that still dosen't accumulate the fact that he can endlessly be looped, as he waits for a long ass time to get a power that does absolutely nothing!

It's like your being punished when you use his power! You miss an attack, the gauge goes to zero, you hit a survivor in frenzy, as long as the survivor is in your 32 METER TERROR RADIUS their absolutely safe, no need to mend; His vault speed is just, no, i can't even... and not only that, but your gauge is just, god awfully slow...

Freddys power can actually do damage to survivors under certain circumstances; while legions power dose not, for anything.

yes i understand it takes 7 second to pull a survivor in the dream realm, but Freddy isn't limited with his power; he can endlessly use it without being punished for it; which makes him a bit higher then legion.

also, not to mention that Freddy's getting a massive rework next month too, so theirs that.

Legions F- tier

Post edited by Okuu46 on
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Legion is laughably loopable now. If they don't respect pallets you can completely lock out their power use and bait them to loops where only the power can close the gap, which does nothing on multiple hits now. They have to abandon you on solid loops now cause deep wounds is a joke in itself.

• Irisora

Wise words, Freddy power may be not perfect but he have aura reading and stealth and that is something, while Legion get nothing from his power other than damaging himself and applying a meaningless effect.

• rNine_
    rNine_ Member Posts: 42

The new Legion is amazing unless you play him like the current live version of legion. If you spammed FF hits, and tunneled one survivor then you're going to have a bad time. If you actually play Legion how it's intended you are going to slay. I've been getting consistent 4Ks on PTB all day, and the changes feel absolutely amazing. The map pressure is very real my friends....

The only thing I'd like to see changed is the power diminishing on M1's, and maybe a reduction of the blackout effect coming out of FF.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
  • Irisora

Amazing yes... for survivors that just want killers to be nerfed to the ground and get easy matches.. Hes far from being balanced in the ptb.

Also don't take ptb matches seriously, people just test things there, i got one of the matches i played a 4k too but that doesn't mean hes balanced... i got some matches that i just killed one and none, and im not a bad player i have 1.4k hours in this game.

The changes are bad and makes him very weak to looping. It needs a lot of adjustments or removal of some of the changes. In a overall the changes are bad if not terrible.

If you find amusement in a killer that can be easy looped and his power is a joke, you can't be taken seriously because you are not being impartial here.