Review from the PTB ( Devs say something)

DarkGGhost
DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Survivors get :

1) 5 sec of the gates

2) nerf to remember me

3) Can hide better on the farm

4) Escape from the pig at the EGC no matter what

5) Counters to Legion

6) MOM work on nurse

Killer gets:

A ######### timer that favors survivors a lot and keeps the game the same.

So devs why you do this ?

Post edited by DarkGGhost on

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Survivors have 3~5 to go through a gate.

This is soooooooooooo much time.

I could do 3 gens in this time

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,247

So I have this theory. There are two factions within the dev team. One side comes up with ideas and killers that are viable and make for compelling, balanced, and consequential gameplay for both sides. I'm sure the first iteration of end game collapse actually put survivors in danger. The second faction, the one with more sway, is more concerned about survivors at yellow ranks (and most likely plays survivor at that skill level) and the SWF experience, and is adamant that all decisions be made around what those players will struggle with. This side was responsible for the laughably long timer on the collapse, the ridiculous Pig nerfs, and the bizarre out-of-left-field Remember Me nerf. I think there are a lot of politics going on behind the scenes, because in my experience, that's usually the case when things don't make any sense at all.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

3) can hide better?? What do you mean lol

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

They make the wall on the loops more narrow so survivors can't see the killer but the same time killer can't see survivors

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

@DarkGGhost

This is clearly a Killer Buff and LONG needed. It makes Mindgames possible, Coldwind Maps are/were strong for a reason.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@edgarpoop It is indeed weird. The EGC itself is nice, I was pretty happy after I've seen the introduction video. But now we have these unnecessary nerfs to Piggy, exit gates + Remember Me.

If the devs would just take the nerfs back, the EGC would be great. 3 minutes is a lot of time, survivors won't die because of the EGC. Only trolling/taking the game hostage would stop, and that would be fine.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

@NoShinyPony

I think it is good that they made those changes. But more to a point that it is better to go safe now. I mean, I dont think that the Exit Gates or Remember Me were needed at all, but I can get behind the idea of changing it before it can get problematic. I would guess that once enough Data from the Live Server is available that those changes can and will be reverted.

For the Pig change, i see this more needed. Of course Pig is not a Top Tier Killer, but I also understand the point of having a Timer (maybe even combined with Blood Warden) and no way to exit through the Exit Gate because the Survivor has to search Jigsaw Boxes could be problematic. In the end, the End Game Collapse should not secure any Kills, it should help with taking the game hostage and Hatch Stand-Offs and this is solved.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Aven_Fallen Getting the Pig's RBT after the gens have been done was always a difficult situation for the survivor. Not impossible to survive, but difficult. I don't see the need to complete destroy the Pig's endgame power.

I really, really hope the devs acknowledge the players' feedback and don't bring these nerfs live.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

An end-game mechanic that do not favor the killers at all, apart from those who're seeking to forfeit their game while also boosting survivor point gain beyond reasonable levels. It's clear on which side the developers stand.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited April 2019

I do like the boost points it give more bp i dont know whats the problem with that since killer get alot more bp than survivor and with bbq its like having double BP event and the end game dosent mean that needs to be on killers favor they did put it so survivors dont staying near exit door forever but i do think that 3 minutes its alot maybe 2 minutes its ok

• Lemming
    Lemming Member Posts: 103

Killers also need to buy their addons. If after a match it gave out a brown, green, and yellow random addon for just playing I don't think I would complain. Losing blood points for something you can't really control with most killers does not feel good to play.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

I struggle to see the point of those changes. Just a bunch of terrible decisions that no one has asked for, creating even more issues.

All while the core issues remain the same.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Why pig got nerf? Why ffs becose end game change? Her RBT was random and half or sell use alredy .Addons for rbt is most crap with skillcheck who no obe miss. So nayby add buff to pig after rbt is triger only then surv see aura box not on start when got unarmed rbt on head!

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    edited April 2019

Perk trigger /RBT activation conditions need to be looked at:

• (Last) generator finished (doesnt work with closing hatch)
    • Exit gates powered (works with closing hatch)

are two different things.

Also i think killers should trigger the EDC WITHOUT OPENING A DOOR, but a switch in the basement or something else.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Not gonna read the other posts in this thread cause of what the OP wrote.

When are players going to stop taking nerfs and buffs as a tit-4-tat situation... as in Survivors got more this patch.. how come killers got left out?.. how come only killers got nerfs?.. Every patch they nerf survivors into the ground... WHAA WHAA WHAA...

I'm still seeing this even from players who've played this game just as long as I have if not longer.

When will this sort of mentality stop?

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@JawsIsTheNextKiller  yee but it isn't about one side vs the other.

It is about what you stated... not... Why you only buffing survivor.. why you only nerfing killers.

For example, seems silly to me to prop up "Mom" as an excuse to say why Nurse or Billy hasn't been nerf'ed yet?

• Rockatanskyrenzo
    Rockatanskyrenzo Member Posts: 30

Only a quote... why the ######### you nerfed the pig?!?!, and now The Legion is even worse than before.

BHVR team, please take a break and breath. You did it well with the trapper, you did it well with the Bing-Bong boy, you did a good work with the hag, In what time exactly you lose control of your game?. You made decisions more than questionable, nobody in this community understands why you nerfed two of the weakests killers in the game, geez it´s ridiculous, some times seems that you want that the people plays with hillbilly and nurse only. Please reconsider this questionable decisions... or you´ll lose a lot of players.