Absolute and simple camping fix

hikarateboy
hikarateboy Member Posts: 6
edited April 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

After hooking a survivor, if after 5 seconds the killer is still inside x radius of the hooked survivor, the faster generators progress for survivors.

• The Effect:
  • killer would be motivated to move away from hook as soon as possible to avoid gen rush.
  • If the killer camped the rest of survivors would be in to the end game soon and be more likely to escape.

Alternatively option

The closer the killer is to the hooked survivor the slower they die.

Personally I dont like this one as much as it could be abused by multiple survivors running around the hook while chased giving them more opportunity to unhook. Ultimately the hooked survivor is still vulnerable and unsafe hooking would be promoted.

Full disclosure:

I play dbd with my 75 year old father and he came up with this today not me. I think its absolutely simple fool proof, and genius.

Post edited by hikarateboy on

Comments

• DuskTheViking
    DuskTheViking Member Posts: 16

doesn't work. similar idea was already tested.

survivors instantly abused it by sending 1 survivor to keep the killer at the hook. killer had to walk away giving away free instant saved which lead to instant losses, or chase a looper around near the hook ensuring a heavy punishment and an instant loss.

the problem has always been that all the maps are loop/time delay based instead of juke based.

• hikarateboy

How about if the progress buff does not go into effect if a survivor is also in radius of hook?

• hikarateboy

I hear you a reward is a good idea too regardless a camping killer makes a bad game and at the lower ranks especially there is definitely a problem. Whats your suggestion?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Someone suggested making the 2 token effect of Devour hope base kit. Stacking with the perks effect.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

That's a 5% MS buff after hooking a survivor temporarily.

• hikarateboy

One problem I see with this answer is that on bigger maps especially the other survivors have no idea the camping is going on so are not always on gens. Then when they all run to save and find out its a camping situation they lose all the benefit they would have had of knowing the killer is camping. Make the killers aura show when in radius? Probably way over top.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

Take Kindred and aura will be shown? There is tool in game already.

• kabarekabal
    kabarekabal Member Posts: 57

Some killers can easily camp from distance - Nurse, Wraith, Cannibal, Hag etc.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

punish a viable and legitimized strategy for killers to use cuz I want my free save thread number whatever now, survivors keep making the same threads that just continue to prove how entitled they all are.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited April 2019

@hikarateboy just why? About 1% of killers camp anyway (no, me going back to the hook to see if there's someone around is not camping). Understand: trying to limit players in their most basic action (moving) would kill the game. Doing only SAFE rescues is on you, when playing survivor. You simply can't tell other players how to play, and sure as hell can't force killers to give you a free chance to unhook.

Just as importantly: please, please do a damn search before you start a new thread about something that has literally been discussed a thousand times. If you want to add something to the camping topic, just find one of those threads and post there. This forum is choke full of camping, NOED, and "toxicity" threads. So unnecessary... all of these are non-problems.