Survivors are such cry babys...

Options
PunL
PunL Member Posts: 136

...or ain´t they?

In this forum I often read that survivors "cry for so long about smth until the devs nerfed it to ground" but yet in my humble opinion there are far less survivors complaining than there are killers.

Am I living in a filter-bubble or did i miss it? Sure there are threads like "Nerf the Nurse" or smth but it is nothing unusual, whereas there a close to hysterical outbreaks if there is a survivor-biased change coming.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I agree @PunL

• Mr_Black
    Mr_Black Member Posts: 93
    Options

Yes, survivors caused Legion to be beat to the ground and then get teabagged... To fix Legion:

Nerf base speed to 105%

Increase Feral Frenzy speed to 145%

Make it so missing in Feral Frenzy causes a 50% gauge deplete

Keep it so you have to wait for Frenzy to reach 100% to use

Hit 1: Deep wounds

Hits 2-5: Drains deep wounds by 25% each hit

Decrease TR to 24 and keep whole thing where deep wounds doesn't deplete in TR

Addons can make it so hits 2•3 do 50% drain

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

Though it's not like survivors really have any reason to complain right now.

Despite that I do think there are more killers that moan about survivors and how they caused the nerfs, instead of making actual useful topics with suggestions and get support from other killers.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Arguing on a forum like this generally requires some tough skin, and survivors generally lack that, as opposed to killer mains. So naturally you will see more killers here.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

I use to play 50/50 but now I main Survivor because Killer is too stressful for me right now.

I don't really see what we have to complain about as Survivors.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406
    Options

From what I have seen this forum is pretty much for killer mains so that is the majority of complaints you will see.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Ok that made me laugh because thick skin and killer mains don't always belong in the same sentence. As a killer main who also enjoys survivor both sides have their thin skinned shall we say posters.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

Tbf, they can be unstoppable sometimes. I'm a decent killer and if survivors are in a coordinated 4-stack, you have almost no real power in the match. You might as well just stare at a wall for the next three minutes.

Anyway, I play both sides, but when I was a survivor main, it seriously felt like any opinion that I posted that wasn't in support of the popular killer main opinion at the time got run into the ground and made half the forum pick a fight with me, so I kind of get it.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

well if anyone wants to retreat to a safe space you know where to find it

• Cali
    Cali Member Posts: 108
    Options

Like survivors have reasons to complain.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yeah, but killers mains are more likely to withstand a hit, than survivors. Just look at how many survivors ragequit, as opposed to how many killers ragequit.

When something doesnt go their way many survivors (obviously not all of them), will just say "######### it", and leave. Killers generally suck it up better.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

4:1 ratio and it's not always rage if I feel like I am wasting my time just straight up bored I will quit doesn't happen often but if I am not having fun/ feel as though I am just wasting my time I put the game down play something else / do something else.

• GrootDude
    Options

@ABannedCat that might be true inside the game. On the forums if someone has a survivor sided opinion then they’re ganged up on. They stand their ground more often than the killers.

• Sentry
    Sentry Member Posts: 124
    Options

It would be great if every just played for fun righ, but thats not possible due to both sides being toxic right?

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406
    Options

@ABannedCat and there are more survivors than killers so there are going to be more DCs on the survivor side. I have had plenty of killers DC in a game. It's the people that are toxic not the role.

If it was 4 v 4 there would be just as many DCs on each side.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

Yeah, I've noticed much of the same thing. Killers complain a lot more than survivors do; or at least, the killer complaints show up much more. The like to complain that survivors are op and that they are quote on quote, toxic. Killer mains, as I have seen them, are quite toxic on this forum. I've seen a lot of posts of people discussing the times they have been toxic toward survivors, often saying they do it to collect "survivor tears"; but then, in the end, the killers are the ones whining on the forums. It's outrageously ridiculous and hypocritical of them to do so, but then again, when have killer main's ever held much sense of logic?

• Tursam
    Tursam Member Posts: 20
    Options

This post is just one big bag of generalization. You're all talking as if all killers/survivors are toxic. People are toxic, not the roles.

We see more DCs from survs because there's more of them in a match. We also see more toxicity from them because of the same reason. Sure, players being toxic might be an issue to some extent, but so is this circle jerk about "it's not us it's them".

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    edited April 2019
    Options

I am playing both sides and mostly I see killer mains coming up with reasonable arguments or video proof, while survivors cry about "camping, tunelling, nurse, billy, 3 gen, lag) etc.

But when they cried for Legion nerfs, because it is unfun to play against, they entered the wolrd of the killers for the first time.

Thats how killers always feel.

Even though I am not an extremely skilled survivor, I win in 75% of the cases, even in solo queue, if I ever hit rank 1 before reset, I am just going through win to win.

Usually when I loose, its because of my teammates acting over altruistic.

Imagine how the end game chat looks like then :D

Whenever I get in the mood of playing with sweaty SWF, I am doing so much damage to any killer not being a extremely skilled nurse, it's just incredible.

I totally understand the killers here.

I also understand the pain of tunneling and camping, but these two aren't powerful strategies.

Only if you are a bad player and insta safe, unsafe unhook or if a survivor is downed while ruin is up with 0 gens done.

Just git gud to be honest.

Killers have it hard, not survivors.

(Just the lag sucks, it really does)

• Sentry
    edited April 2019
    Options

The whole problem is survivor mains never play killer and killer mains never play survivor leav this divsion between rhe community because each side doesnt understand the other side. Except the 50/50 people. Both killers and survivors have right to complain its just when people complain the other side gets mad because they think the oppsite side is being cry babys when it could be legit. I would think if you want ro say someones a cry baby you would have to understand the othersides point of view right. Right now the game is slowly getting more balance, but probably killers complaining more because there is so much balancing require due to them need to balance both the charcters and perks while survivors only rely on perksfor balancing.

• GrootDude
    Options

@Sentry you can main one side and play both. I’m a 60/40 survivor main.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited April 2019
    Options

I play both. I feel like survivors are often less punished for their mistakes, because there are other 3 people to help. HOWEVER, they're often less rewarded for their good plays too, because, well, there are other 3 people to bring them down.

But playing killer is always more stressfull for that exact reason. You're in much more control of your success, that's true, but mistakes tend to be much more punishing. Playing a race against the clock the way killers have to is just so much more stressfull than anything about playing survivor.

Also, I feel like the win conditions are a bit different in a weird way. When I play survivor, I'm generally happy with escaping and that's it. Even if I depip IDC because escaping -feels- like winning, at least to me. As killer, I have 0 kill games that feel satisfying and 4ks that are boring af.

I think that's the main reason for there being more complaints from killer mains. It's just more stressfull. And it's not about personalities or anything like that, it's the nature of the game. Killer feels good when you are in control, and that's why things that aren't overpowered can be HUGELY frustrating (like flashlights), because they take that control away. I think Survivor by nature is 1000% more relaxing to play. Not that it's easy, it's just more relaxing.

EDIT: and now that I think about it, that's why NOED is so powerful probably. It gives you a lot of control at a part of the game where you generally don't have any. Not arguing for or against the perk, I just think that's why.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

What nerfs? Oh, you are talking about that perk that got "nerfed" just to be reimplemented with a different name on a different licensed character?

• Sentry
    edited April 2019
    Options

@TreemanXD

I was just trying to say that people who do both have more of understanding think about it less of whining and some time legimate complaints. Not specifically 50/50 people.

Also I agree with the gantes

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Bahahahahaha, yeah that's a total load of rotten bananas and we both know it since most of what gets posted here is buff my side nerf other side. Then the so called video's showing the killer playing like a rank 20 potato as proof survivors are op.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

@ABannedCat I thought it was that Killers had more to complain about. I don't really think either side is inherently more or less thick skinned. The bigger issue is people's unwillingness to debate and use of ad hominem and similar things.

• GrootDude
    Options

And they usually make tons of mistakes in that supposed proof.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

@ABannedCat Killers don't rage quit as much 'cause they lobby dodge. P3 Claudette team? Dodge. Everyone has an item? Dodge. This player is really good? Dodge. If killers didn't see what they were facing (and therefore dodging) before hand, they'd be DCing far more than they currently are. Which they do. Chased someone all game and everyone got out? DC. Chase someone and didn't catch them within 2 minutes? DC.

Using this as an argument as to why killers are "thicker skin" is nothing but misguided.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Killers cherry pick their lobbies and those few that don't are hard enough to take all comers without disconnecting anyway. I have noticed killers tend to be the more delicate emotional ones, which is ironic (a lot of people who 'main' killer should not). Since the killer experience is pretty isolated one, they need someplace to come for a tissue and group hug with other killer mains - the forums.