Killer mains are destroying the game, not the devs

2»

Comments

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    edited April 2019

'What amounts to?' now you're attributing things to me i didn't say at all. You are dismissed until you aren't setting up strawmen and starting fights that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You might wanna listen to Orion. You DID lose credibility once you started screaming casuals.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Can't say I didn't try. I didn't expect you to think about anyone but yourself, but I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

Then refute my claim. Show me why this casual, non-competitive, not-gonna-try attitude demonstrated across this community isn't a cancer eating the game alive. Because every justification i've ever seen for DbD's major mechanical screwups boiled down to 'I had to try, and trying isn't fun'. Even the poster i quoted said as much. And they're not the only one.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’m not continuing with you. If you want your voice heard then be respectful.

• epicosity
    epicosity Member Posts: 27

Literally your name is MegsAreEvil.

But come on, be smart. The source of toxicity is... wait for it... toxic people!

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

There's perk in the game called wake up if you want to open the exit gate quicker use it.

Honestly wake up should have received a buff instead of buffing the actual base opening speed

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Personally, even as a survivor, I felt that 3 minutes was too long, especially when it's very likely that someone is hooked or about to reach dying when the gates are powered, and subsequently opened.

With a lot less time, there's a lot more pressure to try and risk it all for a clutch save. In reality, when you're faced with a guaranteed escape and 5000+ bloodpoints, or going for an extremely risky late save (that you have a solid chance of dying on), you should just save yourself and get out. Altruism kills more survivors in the endgame than the killer.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

@BigBlackMori I don't think I deserve to be blasted like that, especially since I'm looking out for my team. It's a team game. No one could escape by themselves, and in a cooperative situation I want to be cooperative. On top of that, this is a casual-style game as it is. You want to kill people, and I want to save them. So what? You think people like me, wanting to save as many as possible, are ruining the game? You clearly don't understand how online games work. The killer's job is easy enough, and I'm already forced to use a perk slot for Borrowed Time, a perk that only works when the killer is camping.

It might help you if everyone just cares for themselves, but that's not what society is about. The desire to help others out of a bad situation is quite strong and I personally know how it feels to hang there on a hook at the end, so close to escape, and wishing someone would come save me. That makes me bad? That's what kills this game? No, not even close. Players like me are giving others hope, when they become frustrated. I'm shocked that my desire to help a teammate is making you so upset. I suggest playing survivor a bit and seeing if things aren't occasionally bad on the other side, so you know what survivors have to go through.

If people like me, people who love this game and want it to do well, people who treat others fairly and try to help as many as we can, are truly killing this or any game, then that game deserves to die. I don't know what you were raised to believe but I was taught to be kind to others and lend a hand when you're able.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

They are to a degree. Most of these changes are all for their complaints and griefs. They still pull the victim card out.

Bring up Killer exploits/unfair aspects and they defend it.

Got to remember though, this is just a small and very vocal group of Killer mains that are always upset. There's plenty of good ones, most of them aren't on here though.