We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

What’s your favorite underrated perk?

Kim
Kim Member Posts: 76

Killer or Survivor and it doesn’t even have to be bad, just an underused or underrated. My choice would be We’ll Make It.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,616

Hex: Devour Hope.

The obvious reason why is because of the "Hex: " part in its name.

• drekin
    drekin Member Posts: 16

Survivor: Small game (goodbye Ruin)

Killer : Surveillance (hello sneaky)

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

I really love Dance With Me. It's a nice perk to get away from killers, especially when paired with other perks like Quick and Quiet, or Lithe. Also @drekin Surveillance is one of the best tracking perks in the game and not really underrated. It USED to suck. It's only recently been buffed.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Incirion I agree. Lithe is 2nd best exhaustion perk (To Balanced landing since Dead hard and Sprint burst are niche) and DWM makes it unstoppable.

For me, Make your choice and Save the best for last.

For survivor, Iron will, and This is not happening.

• Incirion

I really like Make Your Choice but it's only good on killers that have the ability to get back to the hook really quickly. Make Your Choice on a Hag with that add on to teleport to any trap is GREAT.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Survivor: Bond

Killer: Blood Warden

• Incirion

@Dwight_Confusion They've increased it to 20 seconds now, instead of 16. Which still is barely useful.

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76

I forgot about Blood Warden, that’s a really good choice!

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Survivor: Dance with me or Quick and quiet. I don't bother with exhaustion perks a lot of time with Dance. I can ditch killers using it. Nothing like watching the killer continue the wall loop after I'm gone.

Killer: BW - I love when you slug one just long enough for them to open the gates and then watch them try to teabag after you hook the slug. I snicker every time.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I knew they made the gates from 15 to 20 again. They increased Remember Me to 5 stacks at 4 seconds now?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Make your choice and resilience.

• GrootDude

@Poweas the problem with DH is people only think it is useful for evading a hit but in all reality it is really good for making it to a pallet or window you normally wouldn’t have.

• Incirion

@Dwight_Confusion I don't know if they made it 5 seconds per stack, or made it 5 stacks, but it maxes at 20 seconds now.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Small Game!

It needs a buff, make totem cleansing faster. Then people would complain less about wasting time doing totems.

No excuses, a perk that finds them and destroys them faster.

uWu

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Solidarity on survivor and M&A on Killer.

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

i use beast of prey on some killers for the bp and it's not underrated but it catches a lot of survivors off guard. makes it easier for me so that i dont have to moonwalk and bump into a hook or barrell.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

A perk I think is underrated?

Lightweight. Whenever I use it, I lose chases 25% more times than I would otherwise.

However, I'm rank 13, so it might not actually be good.

And, I don't know any underrated perks for killer.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,316

Save The Best For Last. Many survivors base their pathing on a default weapon wipe cooldown. On a killer like Spirit, you can hit a survivor twice before they even make it to a loop if Save The Best For Last is at 8 stacks.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

This is not happening and stridor.

• Incirion

I don't think you're doing it right @NMCKE

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Rancor. I started using it with my Spirit (obviously) and I've had a lot more stage presence since I know where EVERYONE is.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Dark Sense

Bitter Murmur

• Poweas

@TreemanXD I know that, but in comparison to something like Lithe or Balanced landing that doesn't even put you in that position in the first place, Dead hard can be really bad in comparison.

• GrootDude

@Poweas true but IMO dead hard is the second best next to BL and has saved my life more but I understand why BL is better.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Is Bond considered underrated? I also really like Hope. (Survivor)

I really like Overcharge. (Killer)

• Poweas

@TreemanXD I'd say Lithe is joint with Balanced, purely because it gives you the most distance, since killers have to go around the window, (at a T or L wall) or they have to vault it (at an infinite). Which is far more powerful when you want to preserve pallets. I used to run it because it's the best perk to have an 80 second long chase with using only 3 or so pallets. And on top of that, Lithe can break bloodlust badly. It's really strong.

• GrootDude

@Poweas it is definitely good I’ll give it that but dead hard has just been better for me.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,753

balanced is the best, but lithe gained huge points with its QoL buff. I used to consider it even with DH and SB due to all of them having their effectiveness being heavily dependent on their applications, but its the closest to being an on demand sprint burst out of all 4 now that it works right.

• Poweas

Yeah @TreemanXD we all have different opinions, personally, all the exhaustion perks are amazing. But for me the order goes:

• Lithe/Balanced (for the distance Lithe gets you 60m for the 3 seconds of 150% speed and the about 4m of the killer going around the window, of the potential 10m if they vault it, and it's a long walled infinite. That's pretty ridiculous, and Balanced landing because you can open up loops, which is ridiculously powerful).
    • Sprint burst (It counters ambush attacks like the Pig and Wraith or a tinkerer Billy or Nurse. Really versatile, and can be used pretty freely if you're not afraid to use it to traverse the map too. Lithe outclasses it completely though.
    • Dead hard (Still really good, helps you when you mess up and all, but the other perks can keep you out of that position in the first place which is stronger).
  • Poweas
    edited April 2019

@Ryuhi read my comment above on my reasoning for it being joint best.

• GrootDude

@Poweas yep, mine is BL

DH

Lithe

SB

Head on!-apply to the 4head. :b (samination joke in case you don’t know)

• Poweas

@TreemanXD I love watching Samanimation! 😂😂 too funny. But I don't consider Head on an exhaustion perk with all it's inconsistencies.

• Ryuhi
    edited April 2019

I understand your reasoning, but I disagree with it. Balanced can provide bonuses when you're still exhausted, which will make it near impossible to top. Literally its only downfall is that some maps have less dropoffs that can be used than others, but a lot of maps have ones like stairways or ramps than can be used to proc the boost. Both suffer from deadzones like cornfields evenly, though lithe gains a small bonus for windows and pallets being able to proc it making location a bit less of an issue.

basiaclly Balanced on most maps = top tier. it would be universal if not for the other (ironically survivor sided) maps making it more niche.

If Lithe gave a secondary bonus like 15% shorter vaulting time or something like that regardless of cooldown, it would be equal if not better.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@TreemanXD I've also used DH while being sandbagged (other person got hit), to get over Trapper traps, to make it to a hook quicker or make it out the gate safely. I love DH.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

People say BBQ is useless yet I still find value in it.

The same is also said with UE because it can waste more time than it can save.

• Ryuhi

The main problem with BBQ is how many counters it has. Its effectiveness is dependent on a combination whether survivors bother to counter it, and whether you are in a position to be able to get anything off of their mistake if they don't. not seeing a survivor can be any range from the opposite end of the map behind a gen/in a locker, to right behind you.

• Incirion

People say that, but they're the minority. That's why BBQ is meta. So is UE.

also @TreemanXD the "head-on, apply directly to the forehead!" isn't exactly a Samination joke, people were making that joke before Samination. Here's the source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SwD7RveNE

• This content has been removed.
  • GrootDude

@Incirion oh. *sniffle* to the corner of shame.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited April 2019

The only perk worth anything....slippery meat

gotta have that meat!

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Killer: Monitor & Abuse

Survivor: Dance With Me

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295

As mentioned "UNDERRATED" I like open handed. I combine with bond as am one of a few that does not take SC so if injured I just go hunting for survivors, get healed and then do gens with them

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Where did you hear this?

I'd be okay with this honestly.

Before it was 20 + 30 max.

20 + 20 max seems fair and okay with me.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Calm Spirit and Small Game.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Survivor: Resilience with my Dead Hard/Lithe, Self Care and Prove Thyself.

Killer: Hex: Devour Hope for sure, usually use it on my Michael or Legion, with Monitor and Abuse, and Save the Best for Last, or even Play with Your Food, good for Legion in the sense you sprint to them and get a strike on them after stunning yourself with your now added PWYF stack.

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

Monstrous Shrine. It's OP if you can play around it. Most people just suck at this game.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    edited April 2019

My profile picture says it all, you people dont realize the usefulness of this perk, free deliverance, easier to get out of traps and as an extra you may be getting more purple and pink things out of chests