The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you Cleanse against the Plague when you play against her?

mistar_z
mistar_z Member Posts: 857
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

I try not to cleanse for as long as I possibly can, if I play solo I'll only cleanse if other survivors are cleansing and I can see that the map is very ######### for the Plague. If I play with a squad we almost never cleanse unless the gates are powered or we all do it at once together.

When you're just laying there covered in vomit bleeding out on the ground because Salty nutMeg Thomas decided it was a good idea to use a pool of devotion

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I don't until someone gives her corrupt, because then she gets a free instadown for 60 seconds or even more with addons.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

I don't cleanse either unless others do it or she has an apple. Once she gets her corrupt purge, she can very easily snowball from there. That's why it really sucks seeing teammates cleanse before they're even broken and then do something and get sick immediately after...

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I cleanse when I see there is only one clean fountain, so she is forced to use her power and can't take from multiple fountains. Otherwise I just stay dirty, and rely on dead hard to get me out of dead zones.

• nunadventures
    nunadventures Member Posts: 198

i try not to until i get a gen done or I’m down a hook state

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

Depends. Sometimes it is the right thing to do.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

Depends...

If I know she has Ruin, then I'd start trying to find and cleanse the totem. If there no hex perks... then why would I?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

Like many said - I try to not cleanse myself, but once one Survivor is doing it, I have to cleanse. I will not run around broken while she has Corrupt Purge.

Sadly, many people cleanse right after they became sick (by unhooking a broken Survivor) instead of just wait until they are broken.

• JoshinatorPlays
    JoshinatorPlays Member Posts: 6

For me, it depends on the skill of the player, as well as my perk build of the trial. If it’s a plague that knows how to ani-loop good and I don’t have dead hard, I tend to cleanse when I become broken. Corrupt purge can be scary but can still be countered by finding the right cover or hiding.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

This should be determined by where the fountains are.

If there is a fountain away from most of the objectives she has to patrol, there is no reason not to cleanse. The worst thing for a Plague is deciding between travelling across the map to get her power and losing all the objective pressure she has or to just not grab her power at all.

Cleansing in a fountain close to where all the action is tends to be a no-no though.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

Ooof I try to cleanse like that too, because I know as a Plague a corrupt fountain near an objective is very powerful because you can easily catch survivors by surprise and if there happens to be two people repairing on a gen its a deathwish.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505

Ive been playing Plague because I had rituals with her. So i couldn't grab fountains, which survivors were cleansing on left and right. For absolutely nothing. Then I seemed to notice that after they fill the fountains they actually all disappear.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

I've never played against a plague and didn't know most of this. I'll stick with dont touch fountain going forward.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Depends on how good the player is, if it's a terrible one I don't bother because she's easily looped.

Once she gets corrupt purge I do purge tho, because this ability requires no aim to land hits and it's Bs.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I cleanse if others have.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

Never cleanse imo.

The plague is much weaker when she can't instadown you from a mile away. There is nothing worse than one teammate cleansing and getting your whole team knocked off one by one.

If she can be looped and can't long range down you she is the easiest killer in the game to run around. Until someone cleanses.

Plus if you cleanse your probably just going to get infected again anyway lol

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

What everyone else is saying, only if others are cleansing.

If I'm in a full SWF I make sure everyone knows not to cleanse because it turns The Plague into a Huntress with a flamethrower. 💀

• tgrab
    tgrab Member Posts: 70

Only when i'm broken or about to be broken.

• nancyt1428
    nancyt1428 Member Posts: 66

I don't. That's why I run a perk that lets me gen rush when I'm broken and plus it's a bonus that when she vomits on something to keep you from working on it and walks away -- you can just walk up and keep working on it because you're already sick.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

If I'm broken? Yes.

Otherwise, no.

She's rare though and usually I can avoid getting ill since I'm such a low rank right now. lol

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

I do all the time cause it doesent matter for me if we can use all the pools fast then she loses all of them and only gets the equivalent of 1

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Why wouldn’t you cleanse yourself? You’re always gonna be a one shot with a 115% movement speed killer if you don’t. You’ll eventually die regardless. Plus if your other teammates cleanse themselves you’ll have to. It just leads to boring one shot chases if you don’t cleanse yourself, like going against a Billy.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I try to avoid it as long as I can, but if others use the fountains or I'm on death hook I will cleanse. Also if killer has an apple and takes Corrupt.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,996

Yep. Cleanse.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

I Dont cleanse I do gen

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

It depends on if anyone else does, tbh. If one person does, I do too 'cause the red puke is not something to mess with. I usually wait until I'm broken even then, though.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

I find that because she's so tall, she's a lot easier to hide from, so cleansing yourself actually rarely leads to anything bad. While she might hit me with her giant puke mellons, it's not going to do much if she can't find me again, unless I'm broken and it downs me.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

This thread shows exactly why being infected should and not cleansing should reduce your action speed be exausted. But the devs don't care and that's why so many don't give #########, if they a broken or not.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Yeah, as someone who went up against a lot of plagues on the bloodhunt, I tried to avoid cleansing as much as possible and it basically cancels the effect of her puking on gens bc I can still get them if broken/infected. I ran a plague for 3 gens while wounded/broken/infected on haddonfield (don't blame me she chose the map bc I think she wanted the strong basement camp but got messed up by her fountain spawns) and honestly the only scary moments in that match were when one of my teammates cleansed when they were literally infected for 2 seconds... that's probably why so many above stated that "only if teammates are cleansing" bc if you don't you're at risk for their choices esp when a lot of plagues I've seen use corrupt to camp.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

I think the reason she picks Haddonfield is becuz some spot of the map, you can only run in a straight line, which makes her a lot easier to instantly put you into the broken state as it's impossible to dodge in that spot.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

@GhostrickSpecter That could have been the case but I don't know, she had iron grasp, apple addon and was absolutely dead set on getting me down there despite other closer hooks such to the point I was able to grasp escape at base wiggle with iron grasp debuff on the basement stairs the first time and nearly the 2nd time (too bad her corrupt fountain spawn was terrible/far away, made her lose it plus a teammate had BT so that plan failed)

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Yes and my teammates hate me for it...

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I will on these conditions:

Potato teammates.

I need a health state as the last gen is done, I don't run Adrenaline.